test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Siege & Marauders

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Does it bother Cryptic that they have basically shut down both of these events? My alliance used to run these almost daily for influence and rewards, and now, none. I would be super curious to find out how many marauders get run weekly and if anyone still runs sieges?

QM

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Siege pretty much died when they decided everyone was doing it wrong.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Siege pretty much died when they decided everyone was doing it wrong.

Like one month after it was introduced.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Haven’t tried Marauders again since the one time after new combat system. Complete fail. And you can’t keep going for extra rewards it’s stupid difficult just to pass first vote.
    So no running.
    Curious though, will try this weekend
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Like one month after it was introduced.

When they decided that one person on one side against everyone else wasn't interacting with the game as intended.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Haven’t tried Marauders again since the one time after new combat system. Complete fail. And you can’t keep going for extra rewards it’s stupid difficult just to pass first vote.
    So no running.
    Curious though, will try this weekend

The alliance that I am in still runs Marauders x2 on the weekends. We have to work at it more, a few times we have failed (lost all the supplies). The catapults could use a HP reduction now - big time. It has happened a few times that the catapult will survive into the next round, which can lead to the loss of all the supplies. The whole alliance does agree that it not worth it to go beyond the first vote -- it has always been like that though.

Personally, I would like to see a few changes:
    • The previously mentioned HP reduction of the catapults.
    • Improved voucher drops for completion (green or blue vs white).
    • Support for 2x Influence event. If not doubled (600 to 1200), then increased to 750 or 1000 during the event.
    • Auto-deposit of supplies picked up from catapults/enemies. It can be very hard to get items dropped off to the stack sometimes, if the supplies were auto-deposited to the stack, that would fix that problem.
    Thanks!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    My alliance also runs Marauders 3 or 4 times a week. My guild runs one of them every Saturday in the afternoon EU time, while the other guilds runs them late evening or night EU time, since most of their members are US based.
    The one I run for my guild has not failed so far, but we are usually 15+ people there and we only protect one supply site. Would take a huge amount of people to do all 3 supply sites.

I like the proposed changes by demenoss though.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I am in the same alliance as @theelusiveone#4954 and in a good week we run Marauders 7 times mixed with 3 Dragon Flight events. Before the Mod 20 combat rework, we frequently did all three locations (N/E/S) whenever we had over 20 players show up. That included 3 or so Catapult 'runners' that would zoom to wherever the cats randomly appeared. We survived the Abyssal Chicken and Siege mount bugs until they were resolved.

Since the combat changes of mod 20 we have only been successful with more than 12 players and one gate. The April Fowls "Ring of Fowl Weather" artifact is almost mandatory on at least 4 players (due to the cooldown). The most difficult part is wave 4 when 5-7 of the group are killing the Catapults and the mobs begin to come from two portals at the same time. If they are not able to destroy the catapult in a few minutes, they are unable to come down and help defend the stockpile or chase escaping mobs with loot.

Currently (the past two month) there seems to be a delay between the end of phase 1 and the start of phase 2 with catapults. We wait around while the other two gates are depleted of their supplies before the phase begins. This is the only real 'delay' in the game where someone could change a loadout or pick up items dropped by escaping mobs and have the time to really return them to the main stack. Phase 5 often has a last giant mob or two that distracts the group and any loot dropped by the mobs is often not returned to the pile because picking it up is reminiscent of the old Jubilee Merchant Protection quest where your loot was under another players feet and when you clicked F you got to speak with them instead of picking up the loot (yes I know macros can fix that). The same thing often occurs with picking up the dropped loot, whether from the destroyed catapult or the fleeing mobs. Now that auto-run-over-and-pick-up works, it should be implemented for Marauders too.

12 players, if not high IL and totally familiar with the event, can be a real adrenaline pumper/Exciting.

The daily schedule of Marauders/Dragon Flight/Siege has been removed from the in game calendar for about 3 months not which is not at all helpful. We rely on in-game announcements and hour in advance of the event, or the Alliance website for scheduling purposes. The lack of schedule in game certainly makes participating in the events for new guilds/players very unpredictable/elusive.

I would also add that in our previous alliance (two years ago) we would run 'Naked Marauders' a few times a year where players would come equipped only with a weapon. This is now totally impossible to do because the combat changes rely on IL for damage rating rather than the damage specified on the weapon (we would not have enough damage to counter the Crit Avoidance and score a hit). Not critical, but a fun innovative playstyle gone the way of the Siege event (which requires the almost impossible massing of 30 players to work).
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

I am in the same alliance as @theelusiveone#4954 and in a good week we run Marauders 7 times mixed with 3 Dragon Flight events.

7! Apparently you run them all when I'm sleeping. =)
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance