test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bard: Main Hand Weapon - Too small...

Rapier was the obvious choice for weapons, but the issue is you cannot actually see the blade because it is so thin. It would be nice to get a 'chunkier' rapier.

Thank you

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    a "chunkier rapier" lol wouldn't that just be a long sword with a fancy handle / hilt ? ....just saying ...*shrugs*

also the screen resolution is being limited on the consoles compared to pc so display reproduction choices have to be made

the rapier looks fine to me in 4K resolution LOL
  • demonikhandemonikhan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Oh, sorry, I guess everyone in the world that plays Neverwinter is supposed to have 4k resolution. My bad. Please disregard my original post.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Oh, sorry, I guess everyone in the world that plays Neverwinter is supposed to have 4k resolution. My bad. Please disregard my original post.

lol my point is the bard rapier looks even smaller and finer and even thinner and less visas able at 4k so an even smaller sharper version then yours and i have no problem with it

console is running at lower blurrier res there fore the rapier should actually be thicker and more visible comparatively

never the less
    your original point/post was that you want the devs to turn your rapier into a sword maybe try some of the weapon transmutes that game has to offer for rapier and preview those *shrugs*
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Rapiers are more than just a fencing foil.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    As Kalina said - transmute the appearance. I assume you've been collecting transmutes from drops? If not, you should.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

As Kalina said - transmute the appearance. I assume you've been collecting transmutes from drops? If not, you should.

Every Transmute in the game thus far for bard are rapiers and all have the same blades.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

Every Transmute in the game thus far for bard are rapiers and all have the same blades.
    I've been paying close attention (in the last 24hrs) to the rapiers I've been collecting for transmutes and unless my eyes are getting old (which they are...) there are some differences in thickness. But the weapon IS a rapier and rapier blades are a lot thinner than regular swords, so there's only so much difference we could expect to see.

If you're asking for Cryptic to enable transmutes from other types of swords to be used (e.g. a cutlass) then that's a different matter entirely.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

If you want big weapon, take a barb.

Since the first days for DyD, bards were created to support teams with their melodies, like a special magic.

Long time ago I dont read my 3.5 DyD book, but I would say that bards can only use small weapons like knives or rapiers, and if u use big weapons (2H axes, spears, Swords... Etc), u will get -2 or even more in ur dice rolls.

So... dunno, just ur petition has nonsense.
    It's like I want to use shields and I take a rogue... XD

All I'm asking for is a 'little' thicker blade so I can see it.... I'm not asking for Bloodspiller from the Barbarian.