test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    What exactly is the issue here?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Ah he attacked something and was turned into a chicken lol
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes, the "funny" Mirage set prank by the devs.... Has happened to me as well quite a few times.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • kuziemmokuziemmo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Wait, really? That would be fine, but it just happens too often (with manes mostly) and it gets annoying.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    The "bug" is that should not be triggered when the HP is high. In this case, OP's video shows the character still had high HP. OP should not "chicken" out prematurely.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12952395

I have been asked to confess my fowl, fowl sins. This is not a bug, but an easter egg of the the Mirage Weapon set. When you have the Mirage Weapon set, there is a small chance that when you are very low on health and use an encounter power, that you will be turned into a chicken with increased speed and increased defense.

With how low your health needs to be to be to trigger it, it's a chance to turn tail and flee. Though you may be called chicken for this strategy, this can give you much needed reprieve, and a chance to re-coop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

The "bug" is that should not be triggered when the HP is high. In this case, OP's video shows the character still had high HP. OP should not "chicken" out prematurely.

I have been asked to confess my fowl, fowl sins. This is not a bug, but an easter egg of the the Mirage Weapon set. When you have the Mirage Weapon set, there is a small chance that when you are very low on health and use an encounter power, that you will be turned into a chicken with increased speed and increased defense.

With how low your health needs to be to be to trigger it, it's a chance to turn tail and flee. Though you may be called chicken for this strategy, this can give you much needed reprieve, and a chance to re-coop.

Thank you. That is very helpful.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    This has happened to me twice in the last four months or so since I got the Mirage gear...and I had NO IDEA what caused it.

Wow. Good to know.

Shame that there's nothing, you know, in the game...that explains it.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Just that there is literally no way (that I've seen) to figure out why my character randomly turned into a chicken twice.
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

This has happened to me twice in the last four months or so since I got the Mirage gear...and I had NO IDEA what caused it.

Wow. Good to know.

Shame that there's nothing, you know, in the game...that explains it.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Just that there is literally no way (that I've seen) to figure out why my character randomly turned into a chicken twice.

If you Google "Neverwinter mirage weapons chicken", the first link is literally an /r/neverwinter thread from 2017 explaining this. That's why it was referred to as an Easter Egg and not a feature in the thread that Plasticbat linked above from 2017:

It's just fallen out of memory because the Mirage weapons were obsolete for so long. When they because BiS again, I remember turning into a chicken the first time and having a WTF moment, then recalling that it was something that happened with those weapons from time to time.

Personally I think it's hilarious.

• bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    This happens since release of the Mirage weapons set (Cloaked Ascendancy mod).