test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Fix for Mastercrafting +1 Quests

naiblissnaibliss Member Posts: 14 Arc User
FORWARD: I was directed via link by support to post this in the PC section for Neverwinter so it could get attention. I did, but pointed out that I play on XBox; I was then advised to post it here.

Original Post:
As I'm sure many are aware, for the Masterwork IV quests, you can perform a task too well, and make a +1 version of an item that doesn't count toward quest completion. It seems devs have know about this problem since at least as early as 2018, but '+1 equipment is very different on the back end' and recoding the quest to count either the item and/or the item +1 is a task that, as of yet, has been insurmountable.

While there is an option to revert +1 materials into regular versions of themselves, no such option exists for crafted equipment.

What about this: Add the ability to smelt +1 equipment back down into its rare ingredients, giving players a chance to recraft the item at regular quality?

Comments

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Because many of us that spend the resources to complete MW would be upset. I stopped counting how many +1s I made before I got regular versions of the gear. I agree, your suggestion would make it easier, but MW is not supposed to be easy IMO.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • naiblissnaibliss Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It shouldn't be fixed because that would make you jealous? That's a horrible reason to do nothing. "I suffered, so you should have to suffer, too" is childish.
    Yep, I spent tons of time and millions of astral diamonds. Making it easier devalues what I, and so many others, have done. The reward for being able to craft masterwork is great, as such the investment is great.

+1 items not counting toward progress is a programming error, and you're saying the error should not be corrected because others not suffering would make you feel bad? I would be ashamed to be as bad of a person as you are.
    naibliss said:

+1 items not counting toward progress is a programming error, and you're saying the error should not be corrected because others not suffering would make you feel bad? I would be ashamed to be as bad of a person as you are.

I'm saying the cost of entry should be high, as it has been for as long as I've been playing (5+ years). Whatever you derive from that is your choice.

edited September 2021
    The cost of entry IS high, as the materials are EXTREMELY rare, on top of a whole subset of RNG-based quests that need to be completed to even access the ability to attempt completion. The Quests themselves are also glitched. I'm not suggesting Mastercrafting be made easier; I'm only suggesting a fix for the glitch.

Your response to my solution was
    "Well, I had to suffer, so everyone should have to suffer" like some kind of comic book villian. You said you spent millions of astral diamonds? It sounds like, instead of grinding the content, you bought it out, and the idea of people earning it upsets you. I really would be ashamed to be as selfish, and as short-sighted as you are.

I worked my tail off getting to the point where I could attempt to complete these quests. The idea that I performed them too well so it doesn't count is not how it was meant to function. Per the developers, that isn't how the quests were meant to function, but programming the ability for the game to accept either quality of the item was too difficult of a task. Especially with the next level of Mastercrafting around the corner, this is an idea that could help the content to function as intended: The ability to smelt down the +1 items back into their raw materials and try again. It's not even giving you the Quest item, simply the ability to try again.

You want to gatekeep by keeping the system broken. SAD.
    naibliss said:

You want to gatekeep by keeping the system broken. SAD.

Yep, either you want to play with the big boys or you don't.