test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail box icon stays lit up

kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
Minor QoL issue.

Every alt I have shows I have new mail on the icon in the HUD. Whether there's actually anything there or not.

Comments

• rockdogtyvmrockdogtyvm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Send a mail to yourself with a title and something in the body. Open it up and delete it. May have to repeat to a different toon.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    My workaround in PC is:
    1. Bring up a mail box (a real one or using VIP).
    2. Send myself an email with no content (no sure if it has to be no content).
    3. Close the mail box windows (has to do that, for me anyway).
    4. Wait seconds.
    5. Bring up a mail box (a real one or using VIP).
    6. Click on the mail I have just sent to myself.

Usually, that gets rid of the highlight of the mail icon. If not, try again and wait a bit longer in step 4.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

My workaround in PC is:
    4. Wait seconds.

Usually, that gets rid of the highlight of the mail icon. If not, try again and wait a bit longer in step 4.

I've actually been getting into professions more lately, so I've been sending various alts tools and mats frequently. None of the emails I've sent has cleared up this problem. I have something like 8 alts, and they all have the icon lit up even though the inbox is empty.

It's not a game breaker, but it just means I never actually know when I have mail unless I check it.
    edited September 2021

My workaround in PC is:
    4. Wait seconds.

I've actually been getting into professions more lately, so I've been sending various alts tools and mats frequently. None of the emails I've sent has cleared up this problem. I have something like 8 alts, and they all have the icon lit up even though the inbox is empty.

It's not a game breaker, but it just means I never actually know when I have mail unless I check it.
    If you can make it turn off, all the alt will have it turned off (assuming they don't actually have new mail). In order to turn it off, you more or less have to do exactly what I said (do not do anything extra) and do that within one toon.

Since part of my instruction is "no content" which includes not attaching anything, what you did is not what I said.

Yes, I am doing profession stuff and mail stuff around too. And it keeps and stays lighting up after I send and receive something. After that, I did what I described to turn it off.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    i have the same ussue, even after using the fix by sending a mail to yourself the pop up comes back anyway, and it's annoying to have to sent myself a mail 2 times a day to fix a bug that the devs don't care about
    edited September 2021

i have the same ussue, even after using the fix by sending a mail to yourself the pop up comes back anyway, and it's annoying to have to sent myself a mail 2 times a day to fix a bug that the devs don't care about

My instruction by all mean is not a fix for any shape or form. It is at best only a temporary workaround.
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    Now I have this bug again and sending items forward and backwards does not help any more. Still glowing. How can this bug be so hard to fix? Its been in the game for a long time by now.....
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    Sending Items did not work this time to fix that bug. But sending an account e-mail with the text Cryptic su_k bal_s did work!! Perhaps by sending this e-mail and saying this sentence out loud works on other bugs too.