test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what is the priority??

carbr#2044 carbr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello, I would like to know what is the priority when leveling the character: equipment, pets, mounts, enchantments ?? Which one should I level first???

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    When I played this game, I started 2 characters and farmed everything, but as my good neighbor @blargskull has told me, it is now a different game. There should be a free companion still available, he is a green rank Thayan Illusionist. You can still find the information about Free companions on the wiki page here. I am not sure how updated it will be. Account wide mounts and companions can also be purchased in the auction, make sure they state account wide. Days gone by, I use to pop this fellow on my new characters to help. But now most of your companions don't do much but look pretty. You will be lucky to get +10% damage from the lesser companions and the more pricey the more damage but not much more.

Mounts are very generic. Pick a skin you like and the rest is all about what insignia and powers the mount gives from the insignia. Grab free armor that drops on the floor, if it is better wear it. Once you can get to Ravenloft or Undermountain, both of these campaigns gift you better gear. However if you save up the Astral Diamonds you could just buy much better in the auction from players, or you can craft better items in the workshop.

I really hope you have fun playing the game I spent roughly 8 years playing. For the most part, I can honestly say, I enjoyed the first 6 years. :heart:

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    In mod 21, to start a new character, the game gives a lot of good stuff by level 20 during leveling without really need to buy anything.
    That includes AD, an Epic mount, an Epic companion, rank 8 runestone, 42 slot bag, mount collar, rank 8 enchantment, Epic insignia, rank 8 weapon enchantment choice pack, ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    A character after getting to Lv 20 should stop and determine their stat priority.
    How much of which ratings do you want. Companions and boons are two of the sources of rating percentage sources.

Companions will have the single biggest impact on your character, however without proper planning you could up grade the wrong companions and that costs. Research and plan ahead.

Mounts will have the next biggest impact, like with companions do some research first to determine what you want first then go from there.

Decide which, if any, insignia bonuses you want and plan accordingly. Any/all insignia obtained thru leveling can be eventually turned into powder.

Use the seals they give you to buy armor and equip the free artifact set as well. Bear in mind that you will replace the belt and neck eventually and RP spent refining is mostly lost if you then convert the set for RP.

Start working on getting your boons. Master boons and Tier 5 boons have a decent affect to a character.

Save all your AD earned leveling up, spend as little as possible until you have an idea of exactly what you want/need.

Do Under Mountain for the companion gear, and then get to Valenhas as soon as you can as Juma bags will help building your character a lot.

Most enchants and rune stones, save indomitable, have minor effect on your character so the rank 8's the game gives you will cover you for a while.

Legacy quests are your friends.

Find a good guild and make friends.

That should keep you busy for a while.
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    What is not covered in the mod 21 tutorial that will help:

Although the rewards for the new character provide lots of AD, save it.

Upgrading anything in the game is done one of two ways
    1) Buy a new one at the quality/color/level you need OR
    2) Use the upgrade system (refining) to upgrade it yourself.

#1 Relies totally on the AD you earn in the game. Aside from the generous rewards provided from the leveling areas, you can get more AD from running Dungeons or selling gear that is not bound to you. Once you can do professions/crafting, some items can also be sold for AD in the Auction House (tools above lvl 5 are always in demand).

#2 Requires Refinement Points (RP) which comes primarily from converting gear or from Gems. It also requires something called a Preservation Ward (unless you turn the requirement off) to prevent loss of the reagents if the upgrade fails. Each of the Enchantments have a guaranteed number of tries to success, the higher the rank the lower the odds. How do you get the reagents, gems, etc.?
    -- One thing that was totally overlooked in the tutorial was skill nodes. These are the little sparkling boxes you see in dungeons or the questing area that can be opened if you have a 'kit'. There are 5 types, Arcane, Dungeoneering, Religeous, Nature and Thievery. Each class has one native to it/free, the rest require buying the kits for gold. When you start they seem expensive, but once you have access to professions and can sell items for gold, they are very reasonable. The skill nodes contain some gold, gems, insignias, and some 'junk' which can be sold for gold. This helps pay for the kits lost due to RNG.
    -- When you choose a mount, look for one with Wanderer's Fortune as a possible bonus. Crescent, Regal, Illuminated. As you kill mobs, they will drop gems. The tougher the mobs or area the higher the gem value. The volume is the secret, even low value ones add up to lots of RP for when you need to upgrade the Enchantments/Artifacts.
    -- The second important source is invoking. The first and 7th time you invoke in a day gives you a Celestial Coin. Save 11 of these and buy a Coffer of Celestial Artifacts. These are often opened during 2x RP events for more gems, but they have a *chance* to drop a Preservation Ward or Coalescent Ward. They are account bound drops, but very valuable.
    -- Lastly participate in the events that occur throughout the year. Siege of Neverwinter provides a Griffon with Wanderer's Fortune. Liars/Halloween has a broom with Wanderer's fortune. Winter Festival Simerel packets drop companions and mount. Summer festival has mounts and companions too ... all FREE for the effort of doing the quests in the event.

The last advice I would give is only buy what you need at the moment. Pace yourself and do the areas in order and the game will provide much of what you need automatically. It is only when trying to chase the endgame that you will be tempted to spend to acquire the shiny new thing ... which will later be useless. Enjoy the ride, play all aspect of the game at *your* pace.
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    All I'll add is that as you level, every time you get 250 Seals of the Adventurer, go to a Seals store and buy a piece of gear from the Leveling section, starting with Chest and Main Hand then going as you see fit.

This gear is more than enough to last you even at Lv20 until you begin to put together something better.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    When you're trying to work out which companions and mounts to get, you can use this resource:

neverwinter pocket wiki
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    While levelling, not many things can affect your experience. The exceptions might be:
    1) Mount insignia bonuses (fill green insignias to whatever rubbish mount you obtain - and you can have some even just for 5 gold)
    for a brand new player the most useful ones are probably: Barbarian's Revelry, Wanderer's Fortune and Gladiator's Guile - but any is better than none
    2) Different companion (not all companions are created equally - and some are so annoying that you might start hate the game just because there is something noisy next to you)
    3) better grade of the companion (the quality affects Companion Enhancement Power - oh, and the best CEP to a starting char is probably Redemption)
    4) mount equip power... if you actually bother to use it

While you level up, you are gaining Seals of the Adventurer. There is a vendor in Protector's Enclave that will sell you gear for those - and, up till Vallenhas, you surely will not obtain anything better. (well, at least in terms of IL)

Ordinary enhancements/runestones are really just about IL, so pick on AH some r9 for 1k AD and you are done for a long time forward.
    (I would recommend 1 Tenebrous enchantment and 1 Indomitable runestone of the highest possible quality though... but that can again wait till you are lvl20 and know a little bit better what you want.)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    One thing you may want to pay attention is rAD boost (or AD bonus we used to call). I personally always watch if I have enough rAD boost before I cash in the rAD from any reward. i.e. if you claim 100K rAD and you have more than 50K rAD boost, you will get 150K rAD instead of 100K rAD.

That is why my new bard has not claimed couple 100K rAD rewards. He is waiting for enough rAD boost.
    i.e. if I wait, I get more rAD. Hence, I wait.
    You can get rAD boost from invocation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

Once you can get to Ravenloft or Undermountain, both of these campaigns gift you better gear.

Those were removed, but the freebies for new characters makes up for it.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Also it is mounts that give the bigger bolster, my 100% bolster companion gives IL of 3000 while my mount 100% gives 6000 IL so look to getting those 10 Mythic mounts first then companions to Mythic you need 10 of each.

You're correct about item level but be aware that as your item level goes up your stats go DOWN. Companions offset this by giving you tons of stats that make up for it. This is not the case with mounts. Bringing them up will give you an item level / base HP / base dps boost but will negatively impact every other stat except the one from your active mount equip power.

As such it's usually recommended to work on your companions first - and they also cost less to upgrade. A companion going from legendary to mythic costs 150 tokens but a mount costs 200.
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Yes, if I have to choose to upgrade between companion and mount. I would go for companion because getting higher item level is not a good thing if you have not made your favourite stat near cap.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    6 slots boosting your skills over the 50% max from rating. Even with less boost to IL, companions still provide a better bang for your buck when compared to mounts.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    After you do all the excellent suggestions mentioned in the thread then Cryptic / Neverwinter wants your priority to be Zen : D or saving your wallet /soul becomes the priority in the time you will have to spend grinding to "get there"