test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mouse

Hi all ; new player here and I really need some help . Started this game a few weeks back and am still at starting camp cuz I can not click on anything . When I move mouse there aint no cursor and camera starts moving . How do I click on someone or something here . Am new to this game so please explain step by step , dumbo proof like , cuz am a Dumbo :D Thank you so much everyone !

Comments

• Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Press your Alt key to switch between movement and mouse cursor.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You move your character using the WASD keys and interact with objects using the F key. The only time you click on items using the mouse is when you are using a UI like inventory or character sheet. Otherwise you use the mouse to rotate the camera and its buttons to make basic attacks.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    If you are still in the starting camp, I suggest you delete the character and then create the character again. Pay attention to the instruction the game tells you when you play the new character from scratch.

Since you said you created the character few weeks ago, it is hard to tell if it was before mod 21 or after. It is better to start a fresh character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I suggest also you read/ go over what all the key bindings/ buttons do under the menu settings to avoid the next set of eureka moment questions and buttons/ game settings that are not covered in the tutorial ..
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Use W to move forward, A to move left, D to move right, S to move backwards, moving the mouse pans your camera around. There are many games where you click the ground to move to that place but this is not one of them. You only use your mouse buttons to fire your at-wills at an enemy. The only time you use your mouse for any other reason is to click things in the usual manner but that is only when there is a menu window overlaying the game ie: your inventory, character sheet, companions and mounts, quests etc. All other times your mouse buttons only operate your at-will attacks and moving the mouse only controls the camera view while you use the W key to run around and space bar to jump.

edit: when approaching an npc and wanting to speak to them to take a quest or hand one in, sell to them etc, go up to them and adjust your mouse so their menu comes up and then hit F to engage them. If you see anything with white sparkles on it it is intractable (like doorways, items on the ground etc), do the same thing, go up to it and adjust your mouse so the menu appears and hit F to interact with it. To turn your quest path (the sparkly path which guides you to where you need to go) on and off, it's keybound to the Z key and toggles on and off, but you can re-bind it to another key if you want, as with most other keys (not all). To set your quest path to a specific point so it takes you where you decide you want to go and not where it is telling you to go, open the map by hitting M and click anywhere on the map to set a waypoint, the path will then take you there, you can clear it away if you want to by clicking again on the map or there is also often a button in the map top right which says clear waypoint I think.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Use W to move forward, A to move left, D to move right, S to move backwards, moving the mouse pans your camera around. There are many games where you click the ground to move to that place but this is not one of them. You only use your mouse buttons to fire your at-wills at an enemy. The only time you use your mouse for any other reason is to click things in the usual manner but that is only when there is a menu window overlaying the game ie: your inventory, character sheet, companions and mounts, quests etc. All other times your mouse buttons only operate your at-will attacks and moving the mouse only controls the camera view while you use the W key to run around and space bar to jump.

edit: when approaching an npc and wanting to speak to them to take a quest or hand one in, sell to them etc, go up to them and adjust your mouse so their menu comes up and then hit F to engage them. If you see anything with white sparkles on it it is intractable (like doorways, items on the ground etc), do the same thing, go up to it and adjust your mouse so the menu appears and hit F to interact with it. To turn your quest path (the sparkly path which guides you to where you need to go) on and off, it's keybound to the Z key and toggles on and off, but you can re-bind it to another key if you want, as with most other keys (not all). To set your quest path to a specific point so it takes you where you decide you want to go and not where it is telling you to go, open the map by hitting M and click anywhere on the map to set a waypoint, the path will then take you there, you can clear it away if you want to by clicking again on the map or there is also often a button in the map top right which says clear waypoint I think.

dont feed the troll : D
  • Options
    Have you tried Alt + F4 ?
  • Options
    Thank you so much guys for helping me out . It is the first Game I ever played , aside from chess in lichess site , so all these are new to me . Will go log in the char and see if I can do as you guys informed me . Just one question >>>When I am moving , I can not move the camera to look around me by CLICKING the mouse right ? Going to game , fingers crossed ... feet too , just for good mesure :D