Install Arc

Genie Gifts Cannot be Used in SKT

2»

Comments

• clawblade#5299 clawblade Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Adding insult to injury, the weekly reward is 25 Genie's Gifts
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Adding insult to injury, the weekly reward is 25 Genie's Gifts

We are being trolled LOL 100 AD says STK genie's gifts are fixed in tomorrow's patch notes and go live when the event ends =)
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    inugurl said:

Does anyone know why the genie gifts are not working for storm kings thunder? I can see the option to buy but it wont let me purchase.

Genie Gifts -> SKT? I didn't even know that was possible. Where is the vendor?
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    @nitocris83 this is ridiculous now, 25 genie gifts that can't be used for the current 2x event and no acknowledgement of the issue. Can you at least tell us something please?
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

inugurl said:

Does anyone know why the genie gifts are not working for storm kings thunder? I can see the option to buy but it wont let me purchase.

Dereth Hope NPC Vendor in Bryn Shander.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

inugurl said:

Open the campaign window, then the store on the bottom left!
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I was just coming to say, "I got my 25 Genie's Gifts..."

Looks like I'm not the only one.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Well, while you can't exchange gifts for the currency bags of the SKT campaign, it works just fine for other campaigns like Dread Ring for example. And yes, i tried getting the bags through the SKT campaign store and in Bryn Shander from the NPC directly, nothing is working here.

And that goes for characters that haven't started the campaign, for characters that are somewhere in the middle of it, and even for characters that have unlocked pretty much everything.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Dereth Hope NPC Vendor in Bryn Shander.

Thanks!
    reg1981 said:

Open the campaign window, then the store on the bottom left!

Oh dang, was that always there? I'm an idiot. lol

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Probably looking for a level 70 requirement that we can no longer meet.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    empalas said:

Probably looking for a level 70 requirement that we can no longer meet.

Had not considered that..
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • johnnyt00244johnnyt00244 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This was acknowledged on the 18th of August an nothing was done within the recent patch on September 2nd :(
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

This was acknowledged on the 18th of August an nothing was done within the recent patch on September 2nd :(

There is no patch on September 2nd.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • johnnyt00244johnnyt00244 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

There is no patch on September 2nd.
    im sorry was it maintenance
    There are patch notes available now that say that Storm King's Thunder is/was fixed, and that double-currency is/was extended for a week because of the problem that occurred.

I just logged in, and I don't see anything different, though. Still no availability on the genie's gifts.

Is anyone seeing anything different? I don't see a date regarding a pending patch; this looks like it would be referencing the scheduled maintenance that ran for about an hour yesterday morning. I don't remember seeing a patch download after the light turned green again, though, so maybe I missed an update?
    edited September 2021

There are patch notes available now that say that Storm King's Thunder is/was fixed, and that double-currency is/was extended for a week because of the problem that occurred.

I just logged in, and I don't see anything different, though. Still no availability on the genie's gifts.

Is anyone seeing anything different? I don't see a date regarding a pending patch; this looks like it would be referencing the scheduled maintenance that ran for about an hour yesterday morning. I don't remember seeing a patch download after the light turned green again, though, so maybe I missed an update?

Where is such patch note? There was no patch this Thursday.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Here

Here
    That's the one that I was reading.

Also, my arc launcher lightbulb was red for an hour on Thursday morning.

That usually means a patch is happening, but like I said, I didn't see a download occur after the light turned green again, leading to my question above.
    edited September 2021

Here
    That's the one that I was reading.

Also, my arc launcher lightbulb was red for an hour on Thursday morning.

That usually means a patch is happening, but like I said, I didn't see a download occur after the light turned green again, leading to my question above.
    No, that only means the server is offline for maintenance. They do that every week. They often do that without any patch. If there is a patch, you should have seen download. I did not see that yesterday.

Quick check with few items mentioned in the patch note:
    • Storm King’s Thunder: The campaign currency can once again be purchased via Genie’s Gifts. (still not working)
    • Missing captives in the Well of Dragons have returned for the quest Captive Rescue. (still not available)
    • Sigil of the Bard: This artifact now properly has a 60 second cooldown at Mythic rank. (the tooltop of mythic in collection page is still 180s).
    • Cotton Pants are now in the Level 5 - 8 category in Tailoring, up from 1 - 4. (Cotton Pants is still in 1-4 page)
    It does not look like there was a patch applied to the game.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • paladinmyst7766#9026 paladinmyst7766 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Usually they do patch notes the day or a few days before they do the patch. I notice that they said that SKT was going to have double currency to make up for what happened with the genie gifts but I am not seeing that. That only means that the patch hasn't gone live yet.
    edited September 2021
    Ok, it is:
    "Don't miss a beat with the September 7 Patch Notes!"

Go to "News" and you should see that within the "box" that links to the actual patch note page.

4 days before that actual patch. Well, this is new and .... confusing.
  • Ok, it is:

Go to "News" and you should see that within the "box" that links to the actual patch note page.

That is. Usually they do patch notes on the day before they do the patch. Must of been an oversight.
    Well there it is!

THANK YOU!!!
    edited September 2021

Ok, it is:

That is. Usually they do patch notes on the day before they do the patch. Must of been an oversight.
    I guess they got too much beating for inaction in the forum. They probably did this for calming people ... a bit.

In addition, Monday is labour day, US holiday. They just do that before the long weekend.
    Post edited by plasticbat on