test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does the community show support for getting a particular issue fixed?

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited August 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm wondering the best way for the community to show they are impacted by a particular issue. If there is a bug, how do we show that it's a priority to us? Different people making 10 different threads about 1 issue is not constructive, adding a +1 by different players to show their support is a violation of the forums as we found out with the genies gift thread. Is there a poll option?

I know issues are triaged by Cryptic and fixed based on priority but who assigns that priority? How is it known what is affecting/bothering players the most?

Posting a bug report and hoping for the best kinda sucks.

Comments

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I will point out at this time, EU Community Coordinator @percemer has been sharing their Trello in several places on this forum. I am pleased to see this level of professionalism. It would probably be more proper to have such information available under a link at the top "Known Issues", informing the players to check there first before making 10 threads about the same issue. The best idea is to have a focal point, for users to report issues. These forums (all game forums) serve as a filter to collect the hodgepodge of incoming data and hash it all out.

I will post that link here; Percemer's Trello

:+1: Job well done Percemer!
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Thanks, I'll check it out!!

Also, I understand that comments on a thread about a bug can quickly turn toxic. I don't want a lynch mob to form, just a respectful way to show how much interest there is in a particular topic.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    If there is a bug u need to send in tickets.. Then they will send u here. Ig you dont, julia will just ask you to send in a ticket...
    I had an unplayable toon once and it was a bigger bug, bunch of others reported the same and it got fixed- if there is enough tickets it gets acknowledged faster I guess.
    - bye bye -
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    In the old days they used to regularly merge threads that were on the same topic, but that was when they had several moderators working every day.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I wonder if Julia @nitocris83 uses a Trello account as well? Maybe she has another method or online service the community could view, as this European Community Manager has done here? I hope it isn't yellow post it notes on the fridge. :grin:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I think the best way is to post a reply saying how it has affected you.

A +1 doesnt say enough imo.

Ive notices thread that get alot of replies from different people tend to get fixex faster than bugs with no replies.
    Ie staff of flowers binding change has tons of people commenting and was fixed quickly. While the soulforged adding extra stacks of res sickness has had only a few people.reply and we are still waiting for that one ti be fixed
  • walker#8832 walker Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    > @xenocide#6577 said:
    > I think the best way is to post a reply saying how it has affected you.

I think so too. Just clicking an agree +1 doesn't seem effective.

And since bumps are not permitted (thank you moderators for gently pointing that out to me this week :# ) perhaps one needs to gather support off forum and have people come and post such replies.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If something affects you, file a ticket and come here and post about it. Flagging the necessary victims as needed to get their attention.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Way back in September 2019 I had asked about a non-EU version of Trello and did get an informative response from the Community team. I'm not sure how much has changed over the years...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251773/request-en-community-team-list-of-known-bugs-report-status-tool-pinned-to-this-forum

I would add that from my experience, unless an issue is submitted on Monday morning (or whenever the Community Manager gets out of staff meetings and can check the forum) and becomes one of the 5 messages that the Community Manager acknowledges, there is little tangible evidence that a post has been read and added to the to-do list. At the same time submitter responses to questions raised by the review/acknowledgement of their post often take days.

I like to have the faith that both parties are doing the best that they can, but clarity of communication and status has been an ongoing issue for both sides of the Bug Reporting process.