test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Genie Gifts Cannot be Used in SKT

thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Genie gifts cannot be used to purchase SKT campaign currency. This is happening both with NPCs and in the campaign store. The currency bundle is red, as it would be if you didn't have sufficient currency/it unlocked, however the gifts do show up in the list of currencies. Clicking on the bundle does nothing.

Hopefully this be fixed before 2x SKT currency! My toon needs boons ;)

Comments

• oberonsghostoberonsghost Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Same problem here. I have logged a ticket.
    I am still waiting for a reply 😒
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I just checked myself, same problem. It reads "Requirements not met" when you try to spend Genie's Gifts.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

This issue has already been escalated recently. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

3946 Bag of Ten Towns Treasures

Regards,

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

This issue has already been escalated recently. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

3946 Bag of Ten Towns Treasures

Regards,

Thanks for the info @percemer!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Hope it gets fixed before the 2x event for the SKT campaign.
  • strunzstrunz1strunzstrunz1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hope so too

Fleur vom CTT
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

* HOLD'S BREATH *
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    One week later....event started...still not corrected.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    It has been like that for years and many 2x events were passed. Cryptic also "responded" in the past. Why do you expect this event is special?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

It has been like that for years and many 2x events were passed. Cryptic also "responded" in the past. Why do you expect this event is special?

You mean we should be used to disappointment and being treated like HAMSTER by now?
    So we should all just stop caring and become dead inside?
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
    edited August 2021

You mean we should be used to disappointment and being treated like HAMSTER by now?
    So we should all just stop caring and become dead inside?
    After you have tried N times, in certain point, one would give up. For the minimum, drop the expectation. For the maximum, leave and many did. I'm in the middle of minimum and maximum.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    One of my Alliance mates said they used about 50 Genie's gifts to complete SKT on their bard, so it must have worked for them prior to last week. So it has not been this way consistently.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

I started playing in December.

I got to Storm King's Thunder in, maybe, March.

I got through the campaign using roughly 40 Genie's Gifts.

"Years" is a pretty gross exaggeration.

Here's hoping that, in reality, this short-lived problem is resolved quickly.
  • pwny#6864 pwny Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Having the same problem with them as well. Very disappointing that its double and we now cant use them and you've known about the issue for a few days now at the very least.

I started playing in December.

I got to Storm King's Thunder in, maybe, March.

I got through the campaign using roughly 40 Genie's Gifts.

"Years" is a pretty gross exaggeration.

Here's hoping that, in reality, this short-lived problem is resolved quickly.
    I have tons of Genie's gift. I guess it is: for years, whenever I had a new character who could use it for SKT, it did not work. I could be super lucky.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    Same here... been like that since mod 21... its specially bad now that is 2x SKT.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User

I've used them for 2 alts a few monthes ago. Not sure if it was already bugged for some players, but it used to work fine for me.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've confirmed they don't work for me either. I tried all 4 SKT areas and bound & unbound genies gifts.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Does anyone know why the genie gifts are not working for storm kings thunder? I can see the option to buy but it wont let me purchase.
  • clawblade#5299 clawblade Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    im having the same problem, both on PC and Xbox. It happened since mod 21 launched. I have over 300 gifts ready for that campaign.
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Same, can't use genies gift like in the past with other characters, have used a signet of patronage on this character, a bard, when starting the campaign and now up to lonelywood. :'(
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • bwcombwcom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How come, and it's happening while the double currency event takes place... #JustCrapticThings
  • Does the double currency also apply to genie gifts when the event is appropriate?
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Does the double currency also apply to genie gifts when the event is appropriate?

Yes, always has!! Great boost when they work.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I am down to my last boon in this campaign, which I could complete without absolute misery with some genie's gifts. Or, of course, I could play for another month just to accumulate enough Secrets of Ostoria to get it.

What truly stinks is that right now I could finish off the campaign with, like, four genie's gifts. And since the campaign IS over at this point, it would just be getting the last boon. OR, if they fix it next week, it would take EIGHT genie's gifts.

Not cool.

...OR, if they don't fix it, it will take an extra three or four weeks of my life.

Also, not cool.
  • thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    No Tuesday patch announced, so it's very unlikely it will be fixed before the end of 2x SKT, which is really disappointing. As others have pointed out, genie gifts predominantly come from lockboxes, so they're essentially a paid item. The issue was known for a while before 2x began - this wasn't the first post about it, or the first time it was reported to support it seems - and the fact that it looks like it wasn't/couldn't be fixed in time is not a good look. The devs must know that a lot of people use gifts in SKT to get through the reputation grind, so I really feel like this should've been looked at sooner.

For anyone who still has gifts and wants to use them on the campaign, 2x legacy campaigns starts on the 30th Sept so there is another chance to use them (albeit a while away and still assuming this issue gets fixed...)
    This weeks free reclaim is...25 Genie's Gifts...that we cannot use in SKT. =p
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    onodrain said:

This weeks free reclaim is...25 Genie's Gifts...that we cannot use in SKT. =p

Salt in the wound... Now we KNOW they are trolling us LOL
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    :angry:
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance