test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Werewolf companion

Werewolf companion no longer seems to grant lycanthropy to a target mob since Mod 21 release. I only have the companion on one character, can anyone else confirm?

Also, isn't the Bloodthirst ability pretty much moot at this point?
Tagged:

Comments

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I think my friend @hotfrostworm has that companion. He can check it out.

Just killing time...
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @blargskull how many of these threads are you going to get me invested?

Hello Amorphousmurk,

I ran a simple self combat log in chat, recording the fight notes. During a simple fight with "minions" in the Neverdeath Graveyard, I did witness my werewolf (Creighton) turned them into werewolves, although the chat log has no record of them being converted. I think the "lifesteal" is there in the form of a heal maybe? Most of his moves was slash. I don't have anything installed on this character or his companion at present. I will attempt another test this weekend. I would suggest you can do the same.

1. Go to Neverdeath Graveyard, you need weak minions for this to even work.
    2. Open the chat window to combat log and in the configuration for that tab;
    ... a. Turn off all settings except SELF combat.
    ... b. Before combat type /clear (to clear any chat from the box)
    3. Start combat for a few mobs then return to a campfire.
    4. Inside the chat box click and drag the mouse up to select all the text within.
    5. Open Notepad and paste into Notepad for study.

You can also get a combat parser, search this forum for ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) and hope someone has an up-to-date script.

Opinion and Conjecture: This companion is a showboat, it is not the sharpest tool in the shed. I think you could do much better unless you are trying to run a theme. The transformations of minions are not that impressive, during combat he is slow and sluggish.
  • amorphousmurk#1727 amorphousmurk Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I can do all of that and will to verify for my part, but I can tell you that prior to MOD21, it was working in Undermountain, Well of Dragons and Ravenloft and since MOD21 I haven't seen a single turned mob.

I don't expect it to work on elite mobs in at level/item level areas.
  • amorphousmurk#1727 amorphousmurk Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Okay I did just test it in Neverdeath Graveyard and yes, the companion lycanthropy effect is working on VERY weak mobs (nothing in the combat log though), but that doesn't explain why it has suddenly stopped working on standard mobs in areas like Well of Dragons.

FYI: the companion is upgraded to legendary currently.

Okay I did just test it in Neverdeath Graveyard and yes, the companion lycanthropy effect is working on VERY weak mobs (nothing in the combat log though), but that doesn't explain why it has suddenly stopped working on standard mobs in areas like Well of Dragons.

FYI: the companion is upgraded to legendary currently.

I am logging in now, I got the werewolf from my wife last year for her Halloween Party online, which I failed to attend once again. Since this was just for show in Barovia, I never bothered to upgrade it at all. I will record some tests in different zones and get back with you.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

All of them? Just a guess.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    greywynd said:

All of them? Just a guess.
    Well he is the only one I know with the werewolf. Can I help it, what infectious things you are given to you by your wife. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    @blargskull she has that knack of getting me sick, I still have her headcold she gave me.

I finished testing the werewolf companion and it failed to turn anyone in the Undermountain into a werewolf. I tested Ebon Downs and several of undead turned. But I found no proof that I was given lifesteal at all. I did search for an ACT script and found nothing to be current. You can ask around the General threads, but this is suppose to be the most current;

https://github.com/jicama/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin

And that one is June of last year. You will need that .cs script and you will need ACT program. Many players use this for testing the game mechanics.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Maybe is related to the mod 21 level change, who knows
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor