test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

something gotta be said

the upgrade cost on collars n insignias..... something need to be reworked the bc the math just doesnt make sense considering the stat benefits to go from one to the other n say the collars for start..... to go from II to III it takes 250 insignia powder n 100 shards plus the pot marks.... ok resonable......
to go from III to IV take 750 powder plus 150 shards plus the 50 greater n then the pot marks on the powder thats a 500 difference.... reasonable.... but to go from IV to V wpw now ur talking 3750 powder plus 200 shard plus 100 greater shards plis the 5x r7 potmarks.... man holy cow a 3000 increase in the powder alone????? an the greater shards considering the drop rate in dungeons n ah prices set by others?

and the insignias.... rare to epic ur looking at 100 powder,,,, ok..... for epic to ledgendary ur looking at 500 powder.... thats only a 400 difference there... ok reasonable... but to go from ledgendary to mythic???? bam u get smacked with 2500 powder and that right there is a 2000 increase.... unrealistic

now im not saying make the upgradeing easy.... but at least make it reasonable and say like for exmple 1500 to go from ledgendary to mythic insignia or 2500 powder to go from ledgendary to mythic collar

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I can see both sides of this. It's a long grind but very doable if you play the content. Last night I did 1 TiC and 1 Lomm. Our group stopped and opened every chest along the way and after the 2 dungeons I had gotten 81 dust worth of insignias. That's 2 dungeons, less than 1 hour playtime.

I have 12 insignias done mythic, 3 left to upgrade. Collars I have 1 Mythic, 3 Leg, 1 Epic. For me, the dust is not the problem, it's the Shard of Greater Empowerment. 100 of them needed per mythic. I have 10 saved up and I've been saving a while. To buy them as of 2 nights ago, they were 168k each on the AH. Almost 17 Million AD per mythic collar upgrade if you buy. Just over 50 Million AD for me to upgrade the 3 leg collars that are ready to upgrade!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    For whatever it worth, my Bard (a new character) has collected 124 Insignia powder so far. He never went into any dungeon. Just doing all the leveling quests but picking up skill node whenever there is one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    ya some people dotnt have that kinda luck from chest.... i know i dont ;p;...... or evn seeing a insignia srop out n about adter mob killing or quest.... My luck stinks
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    What content does this keep you from achieving? That's right...none.

This was brought up to the devs many times. They answered this question. It was intended as a long term goal and not something achievable by everyone at this time. And, as I said, it is not keeping anyone from achieving content. So no big deal.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    onodrain said:

What content does this keep you from achieving? That's right...none.

This was brought up to the devs many times. They answered this question. It was intended as a long term goal and not something achievable by everyone at this time. And, as I said, it is not keeping anyone from achieving content. So no big deal.

"long term" ok i get but since this insignia powder has come out.... i've obtained MAYBE 3k powder..... n its been "out" how long?? since the shards came out (evn with the 50 free greater shards_).... ive seen , maybe less then 100 greater shards
    "long term" really?
    like i said .... im not sayin make it easy.... im just sayin reduce it to more reasonable costs... not "bill gates" costs ya know (might be pver exaggeration on the "costs" there lol but pretty close
    Post edited by sgtpostal#4408 on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited August 2021

onodrain said:

If by, "long-term goal," you mean that Cryptic thinks I'm going to bequeath my characters to my children so they can finally realize the decades-long mission to achieve a full set of mythic collars...then maybe you have a point. But when I think "long-term goal," I tend to think of something I can personally achieve in my freaking lifetime.

Sorry this is brilliant and made me almost spit out my tea. Fabulous! Glorious post. Thank you.

"If by, "long-term goal," you mean that Cryptic thinks I'm going to bequeath my characters to my children so they can finally realize the decades-long mission to achieve a full set of mythic collars...then maybe you have a point. But when I think "long-term goal," I tend to think of something I can personally achieve in my freaking lifetime."