test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How's the new movement speed?

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
As an XBox player I'm curious to know how the PC players are finding the change from XP to movement speed (I'm assuming it has arrived on PC now?)

There was an amount of scepticism expressed on the forums, I'm wondering how it's going so far.
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• malekith#8724 malekith Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I guess if you wanted to speed run through certain dungeons without killing everything in sight just to finish faster... Then yeah the speed helps.

Otherwise there really is no content that requires you to move above 50%, which was a level we could reach even before the enchants changed.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

I guess if you wanted to speed run through certain dungeons without killing everything in sight just to finish faster... Then yeah the speed helps.

Otherwise there really is no content that requires you to move above 50%, which was a level we could reach even before the enchants changed.

Pretty much this. With Mod 21, any extra combat over and above the bare minimum required to complete tasks while leveling is a waste of time - you get 0 rewards for doing it (no XP, no real drops worthy of the effort). It's the same for at least the early campaigns.

That said - I'm still working to see if I can build a character who can outrun a mounted player at a gallop.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I haven't checked it out, my will to play has fast been evaporating and it's all I can manage atm to log-in and do an influence run and maybe one or two randoms then leave again. I haven't got it in me right now to be experimenting with anything concerning builds.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2021
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Being able to spent less time doing the same thing you've done a thousand times before is nice, even tho i'd had rather gotten a new thing to do.
    It sucks a bit in dungeons when running with newer players, they're able to contribute even less because the fights can already be over once they catch up.

I wonder how the servers are handeling it, or whatever the dev's reason was to remove it in the first place.