test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bard's Binds-cheating

miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I'm starting to notice that some players have decided to bypass the bard's mechanics with the help of key bindings. I understand that binds are allowed, but the bard's binds simplify the whole game for him, and this already looks not fair. The developers tried to create an interesting game mechanics for the Bard class, but can this mechanic be ignored by linking one key to play a whole bunch of 6 keys?

I propose to block these combinations of binds:

Blaze Flamenco
/bind f1 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 14 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 14 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12"

Rejuventaing Carol
/bind f4 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 7 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 13 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 7 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 8"

Tailwind Mambo
/bind h "+PowerMusicNoteExec 8 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 13 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 8 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12"

Steel March
/bind j "+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 7"

Ballad of the Witch
/bind u "+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 8"

Ballad of the Hero
/bind y "+PowerMusicNoteExec 7$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13"

Defender's Minuet
/bind f2 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13"

Warding Carol
/bind f3 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9"

Aurora Fantasia
/bind z "+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12"

Sheltering Etude
/bind x "+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 7$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 8$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13"

As you can see, they completely make it possible not to bother with entering a combination. It looks like a serious simplification of the role of the bard.

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Yeah its great cause otherwise its clunky af.
    No need to ruin the fun... Except for if you play on console then: oof.
    - bye bye -
  • raziel2004#1384 raziel2004 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I propose reduce the key notes to 4 so it will not be troublesome. Keybind need to go.. Also manual input should give higher/stronger buff/effect similar like channeling.
  • brynach#6977 brynach Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    You really had to start two seperate posts, complaining about if players quick-slotted??
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    This is why I wasn't ever interested in making a Bard, I can't be @rsed looking down from the screen away from a busy fight to peck-out a long string of digits in a darkened room and probably get it wrong and have to do it again and then get killed by some enemy while I'm looking down trying to work out where the numbers are. Who can afford taking their eyes off the screen for more than a split second during a very busy fight when everyone might wipe at any moment and you need to keep your eyes on everything. I saw it as clunky and troublesome from the get-go. Having said that, from what I saw they made the feats specifically trigger only on manual entry and not the auto play one or two slots they give you, this obviously shows they do not want you to use the auto slots (and therefore keybinds as well) because the feats are designed to reward those who enter manually and don't work for the auto slot function. If they went and made such a big deal making the feats only relate to manual entry, it tells you they will not be happy that people are not doing it that way and maybe will try to stop people from doing it. They probably just forgot all about these advanced type of keybinds in the first place being so new to the company and unfamiliar with the game, that's the only conclusion I can come to seeing it looks like a young cheap inexperienced bunch of people have all moved in and are just ripping the game to pieces to give themselves an ego boost and a nice paragraph on their resume for their next job.

Edit: Oh yea, and way to go showing everyone exactly how to do it with a full list no less. lol. Too funny.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    If you're left-handed and mapped all main keys to the numpad (because your mouse if left of the keyboard), then there's no great way to map the bard songs, at least not without significant drawbacks. The keybinds are currently the only way to make the Bard playable for me.

I agree this technically bypasses a core Bard mechanic, but let's not act like this is a breaking gameplay advantage. Plus the benefits outweigh any drawbacks. I would rethink the quickplay slot system rather than trying to prevent keybinding.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    @miliantricia

It is not cheating at all. The developers added the coding for the bard songs into the keybinding module. So they must have intended people to use this, otherwise, they would have turned this off. This keybinding was highlighted by Aragon in his YouTube videos early in the open test cycle.

Stop trolling.
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    imagine uising macros or bind on the first class with more than 3 buttons in this game.........
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • xelenos#6290 xelenos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I completely agree with him, to me this is just a pure cheat, no skill involved, no thinking, no call on your memory and game vision. When the bard got released i was happy about it specially for the complexity of the class where player had to memorise song and play them on a given cituation.

There is no more point competing on being a great bard anymore thee class has been wasted the minute macro got allowed for song play.
  • waffles#7786 waffles Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    *Hugs*
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    How do I appIy a bind? can I change f1 to f4 keys for other keys?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

How do I appIy a bind? can I change f1 to f4 keys for other keys?

If you read the first post, it shows that those keys are being remapped, along with others.

/bind f1, etc.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

imagine uising macros or bind on the first class with more than 3 buttons in this game.........

I would agree if the system was well executed. But there's too many obstacles to set up your keys in a way to flawlessly play the class. It's not a mechanic, it's a hindrance.
  • kaksika88#1477 kaksika88 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I don't think this is cheating. In most mmos macros are allowed, look at wow for example
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

If you're left-handed and mapped all main keys to the numpad (because your mouse if left of the keyboard), then there's no great way to map the bard songs, at least not without significant drawbacks. The keybinds are currently the only way to make the Bard playable for me.

I agree this technically bypasses a core Bard mechanic, but let's not act like this is a breaking gameplay advantage. Plus the benefits outweigh any drawbacks. I would rethink the quickplay slot system rather than trying to prevent keybinding.

i have a razor mmo mouse got 13 side buttons that are fully programmable
    i have 2 saved profiles one for dmg one for heals
    this is the one and only reason i would play bard without the programmable keys just wouldnt bother

i have a razor mmo mouse got 13 side buttons that are fully programmable
    i have 2 saved profiles one for dmg one for heals
    this is the one and only reason i would play bard without the programmable keys just wouldnt bother

Yeah it's not like preventing ingame binding for Bards will get rid of the problem. The reality of gaming is that you have to account for intelligent keybinds, which sadly makes the current Bard mechanics a poorly thought-out system. And people complaining about folks not willing to put in the effort pushing more than their usual five keys tend to forget that Neverwinter is an action MMO and its combat is not designed to mess with too many keystrokes.

The Bard class is already clunky as hell even with keybinding songs. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it feels way less responsive than say the former Divinity Cleric mechanic where you could switch between different modes as well.
  • eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    If they take this away then they should also make a change so the other classes have to type out the name of each of skills before they can cast it.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Cryptic will wait six months for people to get invested in their bard, then remove the binds.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    The only use I see for the number keys would be playing music out of combat.
    In combat should have so in perform mode each song is mapped to an encounter power (and possible at will and daily powers).
    Having to press pin codes during combat is something only a young player can do and even then it's unlikely to be fun.
    And features that make a song better if not in a quickslot will force people to use binds in order to be able to play a Bard
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    This is why you can't stay on Performance mode after each song. Maybe if they get rid of this "multiple input keybind" thingy, they will make the Performance Mode don't go away after each song.
    Tho, the need to press tab every single time reminds me of the old dps warlock.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

I'm starting to notice that some players have decided to bypass the bard's mechanics with the help of key bindings. I understand that binds are allowed, but the bard's binds simplify the whole game for him, and this already looks not fair. The developers tried to create an interesting game mechanics for the Bard class, but can this mechanic be ignored by linking one key to play a whole bunch of 6 keys?

I propose to block these combinations of binds:

Blaze Flamenco
    /bind f1 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 14 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 14 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12"

Rejuventaing Carol
    /bind f4 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 7 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 13 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 7 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 8"

Tailwind Mambo
    /bind h "+PowerMusicNoteExec 8 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 13 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 8 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 10 $$ +PowerMusicNoteExec 12"

Steel March
    /bind j "+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 7"

Ballad of the Witch
    /bind u "+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 8"

Ballad of the Hero
    /bind y "+PowerMusicNoteExec 7$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13"

Defender's Minuet
    /bind f2 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13"

Warding Carol
    /bind f3 "+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9"

Aurora Fantasia
    /bind z "+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 11$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 9$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12"

Sheltering Etude
    /bind x "+PowerMusicNoteExec 10$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 7$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 12$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 8$$+PowerMusicNoteExec 13"

As you can see, they completely make it possible not to bother with entering a combination. It looks like a serious simplification of the role of the bard.
    Welcome to Neverwinter. :)

Macroo used not just on bards, keybinds/macroo used on rogues/rangers. But it's safe to say that there are players who use various classes and use them.

Now lets assume devs due unknown reasons block these commands( keybinds). Do you think it will block macroo use?

Sadly not at all, if devs block in game, players simple start use third party Keybind apps. There are plenty of them as example Open Source from https://www.autohotkey.com .

Also it's not hard to write scritp for yourself using Python Compiler. There are tons of websites and guides how do it. So sadly, to block macroo usage in this game, is like try block Incoming Cunami with one hand. You can try, but result is same.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Use the key binds, dont use the key binds.
    I honestly dont think it matters one way or the other just choose the way you want to play and play.

You could sit here and complain about how other people play their characters but does it really matter?
    Post edited by xenocide#6577 on