test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is going on with the server being down?

corpsismaximuscorpsismaximus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
Tried logging in the game to claim my VIP key and go to the summer festival to claim my sune coin and I cannot get in. Did the server crash, DNS attack. Nothing is posted. If it is not up by the end of the night i hope that i am credited my missed VIP day so i can get my key.

Comments

• Options
    akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Some hotfix patch I think.
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Some hotfix patch I think.

Correct. Was mentioned this afternoon. https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1262281/tutorial-npc-jarrod-glint-issue
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    bresaadybresaady Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    There was an issue with the AH NPC being removed when they changed the AH layout and it made the level 8 quest be unable to be completed, thus locking any new players/characters at that point in progression. I believe the update is to fix that. I know they've also mentioned on the forums a bug with the workshop quest-line, however, I don't know if this is included in this fix. They didn't post any notes on what the hot-fix is exactly for.
  • Options
    Ok thanks, that being said when any server is being updated for anything that the company i work for it is tested for bugs before the update happens and goes live. Maybe it was a simple oversite? Hopefully the server will be up and running in the next hour. The could have put out a simple statement that the server will be going down from X time period for a hot pacth fix. Not everyone is at the level 8 quest.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    reg1981 said:
    I was just about to do that... Great minds and all. :)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    Reg1981 That is just a regular patch notes info, it does not say anywhere that the server will be shut down for a hot fix. That is what I am saying. All they had to do was have a title " The Server will be going down for a hotfix at 6PM PST for a hot fix" as an example.
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    is it still down
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    philchap said:

is it still down

No, I have been playing for a while now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***