test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 21: My Experience = Positive!

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited August 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
To the dev team and the players:

@skingdev#1102
@eminnerdev#8159
@nitocris83

& at all who spent time on preview reporting issues and working with the team on this stuff!

I wanted to take a few mins and give my feedback on the new leveling system and adventures! I’ve played 1 of each class through the previous leveling system and many, many campaigns and there were definitely improvements to be made! You wouldn’t believe the time wasted while wandering lost, unsure of what to do next!

To run through the content I chose the Bard. Of course I had to play the new class!

There is a great flow to the content and there is direction on what you need to do next, this is a wonderful thing. The golden trail seems to work consistently all the way through. The quest givers and receivers all seem to line up and leave very little room for error. There is still the odd time when moving between 2 quest givers that you can turn in a quest without picking up the next and a situation of being lost can occur. I don’t see this as being a common occurrence though.

The combat training that was added is a huge step in the right direction of teaching players what they need to do in combat to enjoy the game. Getting killed over and over is not fun, not understanding why you're getting killed is even worse. Teaching how to shift dodge is an amazing tactic that is so important in a lot of content. In tomm so many wanted to know how I could stand in the 4 red circles keep attacking and not die. Shift dodge was what I did. Combat advantage, so important for strong attacks(faster kills, less deaths). Ty for bringing this training aspect to the game, I hope players take advantage of it and learn from it! This is something I’ve been asking about for a long time!

The leveling rewards are good and really help when it comes to building your characters. Bags, Collars, mounts, R15 enchant/runestone, a signet, and more. This is a huge help for a new player/character! Thank you for this!

I’m sad to see past zones gone. They were a part of history in Neverwinter. For the record, removing content sucks. Maybe you felt the leveling process was too long, maybe there wasn’t enough time to make it happen, but it should have stayed!

AI was my least favorite campaign to try and complete. Even my main took so long to actually do the full campaign. I just couldn’t be bothered. I’m so happy to see the change that was introduced there! The content stayed intact, the grind heavily reduced, and I think it can actually be enjoyed now knowing you only HAVE to do it once, but can repeat it if you choose! Bravo with this one!

Maze engine was not a bad campaign but extremely repetitive and also a great move adding it as an adventure!

I’m not sure much has changed with Dwarven King although it’s much easier to find and follow to the end now. With it listed as an adventure it makes me want to complete it, even if it’s only for the check mark in the campaign window :)

I’m ¾ through Elemental Evil at the moment, it’s still super long but I’m not sure I’d change it if I had the opportunity. You pulled it together well in the new system. I noticed some quests missing from before, but it’s a very smooth play through experience!

Undermountian will be completed this week sometime. I recently completed it on my Ranger so I’m not in a big rush to jump back into it LOL Even so, I’ll not be able to resist it and will dive in over the next day or two!

As for the class, the Bard is a lot of fun to play. It’s very busy to play though. Insta recharging encounters, songs to play, at-wills, artifact, mount powers, and more make it a super busy class to play. At least in the DPS role. I’ll start to work on the healer side soon(Still waiting for the recruitment event to be fixed so I can get the healing pet. Please fix or send a choice pack in reclaims!!!) I’ve had her in various random trials, also a few dungeons. Hardest run I’ve done so far was TiC. I’m starting to git gud but have a LONG way to go when it comes to skill to run end game stuff. I’m sure I could do it and live but would need a carry, she’s not built enough to rock out with the big toons :) She’s 52.4k with 28 boons and a very active work in progress! She’s visited most campaigns up to Sharandar and can play without any issues(deaths).

I guess at the end of the day, this has been a great change to the game in my eyes. I feel it comes a little late, but better late than never right? I’m still a little torn on how fast a new player can get up to where many vetern players are but at the end of the day, end gamers need more people to play with and those players need to be able to handle hard content! We can’t have it both ways. Make it hard to get to end game, less people are gonna get there.

Thank you for the time and effort put into this, I look forward to seeing what comes next! Fingers crossed for a new trial with some nice mechanics!

Reg

Midnight - SW
Twilight - TR
Pat Sajak - HR
Buffy - Fighter
And now Star Lightbringer - Bard

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    I would like to comment about the MoD 21 leveling experience. I find it thoughtfully streamlined and educational for beginning and new character class players. Good job everyone.
    DD~
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Let's see if I understand it.

- There are complaints about the immense lag in some areas that make it impossible to play.
    - There are complaints about the disappearance of currency that the players had and that now they cannot use.
    - There are complaints about "last minute change" from BtAccount to BtCharacter in some fashions.
    - There are complaints about the current situation of the RQs.
    - There are complaints about the total absence of new content except for a single Character.

The only really good and solid change is the leveling rewards. That is the only acceptable thing that the Mod21 brings.

Anyway ... I'm glad that all the above points dont affect your gaming experience or, if they really affect you, its impressive ur level of conformity so low as not to demand that they fix them.

IMO, if an important part of the community shares your perspective, I understand the drift that NW is having.

This was written after playing through the new leveling system using the new class. While I did this playthrough, my 58k SW&TR sat doing nothing. My 50k Fighter sat and did nothing. My OP, HR also end game, also sat and did nothing.

I have a different post related to lag containing a video of how bad it is. Enough others have posted about the currency issues, binding issues(Although I have another thread for the new BTC Vorpal they introduced), and RQ issues. They've already talked about content for end game players in a recent stream, it's in the works.

This was feedback on my playthrough. Nothing more. Sure I share the other concerns, but this wasn't the place to bring them up. They all have their own threads and conversations already.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I personally leveled a bard to level 20 following the exact instruction of the game flow. I don't have much to complain about. I did not hit any show stopping issue others reported. In fact, it was better than I expected. May be my expectation is low based on the past experience of many mods.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Ty Reg , I’m on console, hoping for a similar experience while leveling the Bard . I definitely have a lot of doubts it will be easy to transition the bard to console however .
    I hope it goes as well as your post describes , cheers
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Ah, moving negative answers to "positive feedback" has such a bad touch, really.
    - bye bye -
    micky1p00 said:

I think that the main disagreement comes in the small details of the wording.

Your post describes your opinion that the the change to the leveling process and tutorial is positive, to which I think many will agree.
    The game intro, new player experience,introduction to game mechanics, time until max level, and so on were long overdue some facelift. I'm sure there are things to improve and I'm sure the devs themselves would have done some things differently given more time and resources, but overall I don't think that's an issue.

The problem will be in "mod 21 = positive"

I think that if we look at the overall package of mod21, it's not as positive, since for people who are less interested in leveling a new bard there is little to nothing to do.

It's somewhat similar to the issue of m17, ToMM was a very good piece of content, but the issue was that it was the only piece of content (excluding two MEs), hence the hate at the time. Here we have a class and leveling rework, which is great, but the problem is that that it's all we got in m21.

So overall, I wouldn't agree that M21 = positive, unless we see something to actually play...

I apologize for being the voice of negativity, and I hope that many people do enjoy their bards.

Very respectably worded. Thank you.

It seems instead of "M21" I should have used "New leveling / Adventuring content" in my title, but was too long to show the full title in the list of threads :)

I just noticed my last comment on this thread was moderated out XD Sorry to whoever had to do that but I thought it was rather funny :p
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I don't find an issue with what Reg said. Mod 21 is the revamp of the leveling experience, which he finds positive. Many of us on forums have been wanting a better experience for newer players with easier ways for them to get what they need, it was given. The main issue has been the removed content, which doesn't heavily negatively effect newer players, but rather older players who wanted it to stay (myself included) and the fear that throwing players into max level in 1 day.

There are plenty of negative threads, nothing wrong with someone adding a positive one. Also, the new mod 21 from non-forum users seems to be extremely positive. A new wave of players will take the spots of players like myself (we'll see if there's enough players in that new wave) that will come to see these changes as the norm.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

The only really good and solid change is the leveling rewards. That is the only acceptable thing that the Mod21 brings.

Throw a few shiny rewards (*cough* bribes) at people and they won't realize that they are trading so much more for so much less. Rewards are a one-time thing on one character. What they took away was content you could enjoy on the same character again and again. I don't think it's a good trade-off personally.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    my opinion about the leveling now is that It became boring and so mechanic that made me felks like a robot, i'm really tankfull i have most of the classes Max leveled on the old system and dont have to do It again...

micky1p00 said:

The problem will be in "

mod 21 = positive

"

EXACTLY

We are going to make a comparison so that even the most reta***ed ppl could understand it:

They design a new burger. There are many people (it seems that you do too) who hate meat, they don't like that bacon, they complain about bread, tomato ... etc.

In conclusion, everyone hates the new hamburger, but you post that the hamburger is a "positive experience" because the cheese is good .... XD

No way .... That's like a clickbait. It's great that you like that cheese, but overall, the burger is bullsh**t.

And the serious problem behind all this is that chefs have been making their recipe worse for a while, making burgers that are worse and worse. And, perhaps, this type of feedbacks are tr*sh if we really want to receive better burgers.
    If your this worked up over a title and opinion you got issues that run deeper than M21's issues... Might be time to just close this thread and move on...
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Make your my words. Apart from the lack of new content, I could only see improvements in this new module.

Congratulations to the developers for the excellent work!
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I had no problems leveling the Bard, used whatever default settings they had for it until level 20 then I had to figure out how to use the other song skills to do content as the default settings do not cut it afterwards. Was able to complete undermountain and open stardock without problems. Took the time to open up Chult, Icewind, Dread Ring, Tyranny (actually almost got all the boons for this one because of the x2 event) , Vallenhas and Avernus.

The default encounter powers however work well and I quickly switched back to them after trying out the other ones. Both of the defualt at-will powers were replaced after I took the time to read each one and was able to see how they worked.

There appears to be a problem with the Daily powers on the DPS side as the book pictured one seems to remain active after I activate it and it allows me to seemingly use it again. Have not really played the healer side except to set things up the way i think I want it without actually playing it.

Joined my level 1 guild to take care of the introductory quests for the stronghold and to get the rest of the companions and gear I had stored there for my new toon.

Issues I had: Workshop quest at the AH seems to be active for me but no quest for it in my journal so not sure how that is going to work out once I have the 500K.

Opening up Stardock for my Bard was accidental as when I completed undermountain I just had to invistigate the glowy map on the table after talking to everyone.

I had to cheat in Avernus by using one of my older toons to start a couple of BHE ENS in a couple of instances so that my Bard could do a BHE ASC in one of them for the weekly quest. (near as I can tell the BHE seems to have a tendency to sit on the ENS side on all instances and new toons and players do not have access to that.)

People are still farming and complaining about getting maps and gore-covered chains. I still get plenty of maps and chains (3 so far) just by doing the weekly quests so still not sure what the problem is.

Other issues: Demonic Heroics I used to do that with all toons anytime I was near an active one now I only do it if I have the quest. I used to make keys all the time but now that it is gone no reason to waste time with it anymore.

• flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

@skingdev#1102
    @eminnerdev#8159
    @nitocris83

& at all who spent time on preview reporting issues and working with the team on this stuff!

I wanted to take a few mins and give my feedback on the new leveling system and adventures! I’ve played 1 of each class through the previous leveling system and many, many campaigns and there were definitely improvements to be made! You wouldn’t believe the time wasted while wandering lost, unsure of what to do next!

To run through the content I chose the Bard. Of course I had to play the new class!

There is a great flow to the content and there is direction on what you need to do next, this is a wonderful thing. The golden trail seems to work consistently all the way through. The quest givers and receivers all seem to line up and leave very little room for error. There is still the odd time when moving between 2 quest givers that you can turn in a quest without picking up the next and a situation of being lost can occur. I don’t see this as being a common occurrence though.

The combat training that was added is a huge step in the right direction of teaching players what they need to do in combat to enjoy the game. Getting killed over and over is not fun, not understanding why you're getting killed is even worse. Teaching how to shift dodge is an amazing tactic that is so important in a lot of content. In tomm so many wanted to know how I could stand in the 4 red circles keep attacking and not die. Shift dodge was what I did. Combat advantage, so important for strong attacks(faster kills, less deaths). Ty for bringing this training aspect to the game, I hope players take advantage of it and learn from it! This is something I’ve been asking about for a long time!

The leveling rewards are good and really help when it comes to building your characters. Bags, Collars, mounts, R15 enchant/runestone, a signet, and more. This is a huge help for a new player/character! Thank you for this!

I’m sad to see past zones gone. They were a part of history in Neverwinter. For the record, removing content sucks. Maybe you felt the leveling process was too long, maybe there wasn’t enough time to make it happen, but it should have stayed!

AI was my least favorite campaign to try and complete. Even my main took so long to actually do the full campaign. I just couldn’t be bothered. I’m so happy to see the change that was introduced there! The content stayed intact, the grind heavily reduced, and I think it can actually be enjoyed now knowing you only HAVE to do it once, but can repeat it if you choose! Bravo with this one!

Maze engine was not a bad campaign but extremely repetitive and also a great move adding it as an adventure!

I’m not sure much has changed with Dwarven King although it’s much easier to find and follow to the end now. With it listed as an adventure it makes me want to complete it, even if it’s only for the check mark in the campaign window :)

I’m ¾ through Elemental Evil at the moment, it’s still super long but I’m not sure I’d change it if I had the opportunity. You pulled it together well in the new system. I noticed some quests missing from before, but it’s a very smooth play through experience!

Undermountian will be completed this week sometime. I recently completed it on my Ranger so I’m not in a big rush to jump back into it LOL Even so, I’ll not be able to resist it and will dive in over the next day or two!

As for the class, the Bard is a lot of fun to play. It’s very busy to play though. Insta recharging encounters, songs to play, at-wills, artifact, mount powers, and more make it a super busy class to play. At least in the DPS role. I’ll start to work on the healer side soon(Still waiting for the recruitment event to be fixed so I can get the healing pet. Please fix or send a choice pack in reclaims!!!) I’ve had her in various random trials, also a few dungeons. Hardest run I’ve done so far was TiC. I’m starting to git gud but have a LONG way to go when it comes to skill to run end game stuff. I’m sure I could do it and live but would need a carry, she’s not built enough to rock out with the big toons :) She’s 52.4k with 28 boons and a very active work in progress! She’s visited most campaigns up to Sharandar and can play without any issues(deaths).

I guess at the end of the day, this has been a great change to the game in my eyes. I feel it comes a little late, but better late than never right? I’m still a little torn on how fast a new player can get up to where many vetern players are but at the end of the day, end gamers need more people to play with and those players need to be able to handle hard content! We can’t have it both ways. Make it hard to get to end game, less people are gonna get there.

Thank you for the time and effort put into this, I look forward to seeing what comes next! Fingers crossed for a new trial with some nice mechanics!

Reg

Midnight - SW
    Twilight - TR
    Pat Sajak - HR
    Buffy - Fighter

I would be curious if you used any account bound mounts or companions or shared things like AD tradebars etc... to advance you bards this quickly to 50k.......

How fast can a new player starting with 0AD no mythic mounts or shared companions etc... get to this level under mod 21, Note I am not indicating its "cheating to do so" but even under mod 20 having a slew of purple companions and mythic mounts certainly make leveling much much easier

My best character currently is about 35k depending what weapons set I am using. Its taken nearly a year of play to get here. How long under the new system will it take....note with the exception of my new arcanist my other chars range from 29k to 32k and did take less time than my rogue to get there, but only because of account bound mounts, companions, and shared AD and tradebars etc..

I would be curious if you used any account bound mounts or companions or shared things like AD tradebars etc... to advance you bards this quickly to 50k.......

How fast can a new player starting with 0AD no mythic mounts or shared companions etc... get to this level under mod 21, Note I am not indicating its "cheating to do so" but even under mod 20 having a slew of purple companions and mythic mounts certainly make leveling much much easier

My best character currently is about 35k depending what weapons set I am using. Its taken nearly a year of play to get here. How long under the new system will it take....note with the exception of my new arcanist my other chars range from 29k to 32k and did take less time than my rogue to get there, but only because of account bound mounts, companions, and shared AD and tradebars etc..

After the toon hit level 20, yes 100% I used resources from my mains to fund this toon. The leveling process , I used the gear from the "Leveling" tab of the seal vendor as I was able to afford it from questing, and items found along the way.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

reg1981 said:

@skingdev#1102
    @eminnerdev#8159
    @nitocris83

Reg

Midnight - SW
    Twilight - TR
    Pat Sajak - HR
    Buffy - Fighter

Speaking from experience, investing resources across toons can significantly slow down the progression of your main. Back in the old days before they made AD earnings account based instead of character, running multiple toons through dungeons to gain the 36k ea was a nice way of earning a lot - I used to average at 250k AD (refined) per day. Now I hit the daily 100k on one toon in a much shorter period.

To my mind the only real advantages to a toon army these days are from crafting and invokes for the potential of earning coal wards and rank 5 enchanting stones.

Personally I regard VIP a must now that lockboxes award a minimum of 25 trade bars for the free key and can typically earn at least 1600 per month, sometimes much more and can get your companions and mounts to 100% in a reasonably short timeframe, giving a nice boost in TIL and bonuses.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2021

How fast can a new player starting with 0AD no mythic mounts or shared companions etc...

Currently ... and if I'm telling you the truth, probably never.

In fact, I hate that old players who answer this kind of question with: "in this game you only need time" ... or "the important thing is not to get AD, it is not to waste it", or similar philosophical bullshits.

Before Sharandar, the path was: Lvl 80 -> Undermountain (free items to start) -> Vallenhas (juuma bags). With that, in 1-2 weeks you could get to 25-30k and start making a profit on Avernus.

Right now, there is next to nothing to get AD.
    - The Arcanes of the River District are no longer bought by anyone
    - It is extremely rare that someone buys lures in Avernus ... the only thing there is, is people buying T3 drops. But of course, good luck getting a T3 as a new player just arrived in Avernus.
    - The shattereds are still selling, but of course, you need 40k IL
    - All the new items that people want/need (VoS and HC VoS) are BtAccount, so you cannot trade them.

So what's left?
    - Get profit with some events
    - Get profit from the Workshop
    - Get profit with things that were kept in the bank
    - Pray it to Crom to bless you with High rolls in the chests of the dungeons.

All of this, 100%, is not achievable for new players who have just hit their 30k.

So .... many old players will tell you: "well, you have 100k a day, with that you advance" ... I am one of those who think that 700k a week is not acceptable to advance, especially if you want to get there. to the end-game.

You just have to do numbers ... a character, approx, needs about 25 r15 with his two r14. that can be easy more than 30M.
    So ... NICE! The effort of a year has allowed you to finish a small part of your build. How much can you require both boolsters at 100%? ... another year?

Lol, lol and more lol.
    I consider myself endgame and I'm only 14/15 r 15. I have 54 TIL
    I can do any game content, both on heal and dps.
    VIP is a must, as @armadeonx wrote.
    And if you have an IQ slightly higher than room temperature, you can also find alternative sources of income

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Back in, I believe mod 17/18 I made an alt account to see if the cries about newer players having harder than established players getting into trials and capping their 100k/getting high enough IL to do everything was true. I found it to be easy, without help from my actual account.

If I were to do the same now, I'd be able to do roughly the same, but with longer ques. So that 100k is there. Back then though, I was getting epic drops from dungeons, which I could sell for 400k+ or bind. The problem currently, everything you find is bound, which means if you just got your first epic companion from 2 weeks of farming dungeons but its useless, then you found nothing but a slight bolster to your companion%.

A lot of methods in the game atm has to do with having a lot of char slots, which...costs zen. While its cheap, as a new player you still would have to pay for character slots as 6 month waiting time for something that costs 2 bucks is just insane. You can get a full set of 15 legendary insignias just from doing sahha (I know you can, as I did so last year, giving away 15 total between 2 people). You also get to make more food per toon with little effort.

That doesn't mean you can't make extra AD, every hell pit event you can make 2m+, every 2x stones you can make a nice 3-5m depending on patience and so on. But the day-to-day value you can make (as a new player) is pretty limited.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

mushellka said:

And if you have an IQ slightly higher than room temperature, you can also find alternative sources of income

Oh, wow....

Its tradition to see numerous "pro-players" defend the fact that its very easy to make profit in the current NW.

Let's see, show us your great wisdom and knowledge @mushellka . I have my method, but its stupid to put my case as the "standard",

Here the question has been clear, and the answer has been accordingly.

New player, 0 AD, 0 bolsters, 0 Mounts/Comps Account ...

And I say this because all those "expert players", when I tell them to show their specifics methods, they all shut up like wh**res ... Because, perhaps, those alternative sources worthy of a great IQ can only be done in the End-game or there is Zen involved in them ... xD
    Well. . . i guess I overdid the room temperature thing :)
    Currently, new player is not starting with 0 AD, 0 bolster and 0 mount/comp. . . .
    After leveling a character to level 20, he will get about 400k, epic mount, epic companion, collar and some other goodies.
    You don't expect a new player to have 50k TIL in 24 hours, do you?

As for the rest. . . if these "experts" show their specifics methods, publicly, this would automatically cease to be lucrative. Logical, right? So don't expect an answer to such a formulated question.

And finally. Who forbids new players from buying zen as well? Is it shameful to support a game you play?

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

mushellka said:

Oh, wow....

Its tradition to see numerous "pro-players" defend the fact that its very easy to make profit in the current NW.

Let's see, show us your great wisdom and knowledge @mushellka . I have my method, but its stupid to put my case as the "standard",

And I say this because all those "expert players", when I tell them to show their specifics methods, they all shut up like wh**res ... Because, perhaps, those alternative sources worthy of a great IQ can only be done in the End-game or there is Zen involved in them ... xD
    New players can get to 40k in a few weeks, if they are lucky even unlock VoS in 3-4 weeks. You can get more than enough AD from randoms.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2021

mushellka said:

Oh, wow....

you need vip. (well you don't "need it" but it does make things easier and more profitable) you need to give them ten bucks a month. but other than that it's being smart with what you sell drop wise and what you buy with the ad you have. you can also do well trading. no you don't need to be "End game" unless you define no longer in the tutorial as such.

and since when "should" you be able to be absolute end game over night? mmos depend on the grind. it's part of the game. it's not like there is nothing to do before end game. frankly, the end game rewards are meh imo. I am not even trying. it used to be the thrill of the drop motivated.. now there is nothing exciting about it. imo in a game like this it SHOULD be closer to a year. they've taken all of the sense of accomplishment out of the game as it stands. it's given to you. I'm not the richest person in the game on xbox but I am wealthy. i can guarantee none of that is because of zen purchases. yes I bought some of the packs back in the day but that was all acct bound. I have vip purchased in sales with ad turned to zen. and my current levels of wealth are mostly due to smart buying and holding and then selling 6 months to a year later. when I saw that they had changed the way the heart artis worked for instance, I bought out the market (they were like 1000 ad ea at the time. I probably spent 2 mil total) and now I'm raking it in for about 500k to 1.5 mil each. selling to mats to master crafters is also a sure fired way to gain ad. there are lots of niches to make ad. you have to find one is all. running the dungeons you can run will eventually get you a good drop you can sell and from there its investing wisely. (before you buy whatever wizbang it is you are currently wanting) just doing the levelling as it is now you have everything you need for general dungeon running.

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    @arkhadiam#2543 I'm not one of the rich players and have always been totally FTP (I currently have just over 1.8 mill AD in the bank and 3 lots of 750k AD pending for Zen purchases for VIP). These days I don't have a lot of time to play and I've never been particularly interested in making lots of AD, just enough to play.

However, I do know some of the methods used by those that do make a lot (and I mean a LOT) of AD. The reason they don't broadcast their methods is that when they do they find many other people start to adopt them and the value of what they are making, farming or trading and the market becomes flooded - dropping the value.

Just one thing I'll tell you about because I feel the AH price now crosses the border into exploitation (on XBox, I can't say for the other platforms) is the farming and selling of rank 5 enchanting stones. These used to sell on the AH for 20k each - they are now at least 35k and sometimes up to 50k ea. These are gained by farming the Dread Ring lairs, particularly during 2x enchantment weeks and a player can get in excess of 50 in a week (100+ if truly dedicated & running multiple toons). Selling at just 35k ea, they can earn a minimum of 1.75 million in refined AD for one week of excruciating boredom. With multiple toons doing their invokes, they can get even more from opening the celestial bags. With dedication, a player can earn a month's worth of dungeon runs in a week.

This is just one of the methods available and certainly not the easiest as it is truly mind numbing and time consuming.

Making serious AD in this game requires the right mindset and enough time per week to get things done. It does not require a capital investment on your part but of course it can help speed things along, especially if you're paying for VIP with cash (unlike me).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox