test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Minutes on Weekly Dev Meetings

malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
@nitocris83 I have noticed that you will be bringing up certain bugs during your weekly meetings with the Devs. Would it be at all possible for you to compile a list of bugs discussed and make it available to the players so we also know what's being worked on and what isn't? That would definitely open up a line of communication between the players and devs. Make it like you do with the Patch Notes. I feel like it would help a lot in taming some of the rage.

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Note that the Trello status listing used by the European support team has been requested several times for the US issue tracking and prioritizing, but has never been implemented. See the Percemer thread near the top of the Bug Report forum
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

@nitocris83 I have noticed that you will be bringing up certain bugs during your weekly meetings with the Devs. Would it be at all possible for you to compile a list of bugs discussed and make it available to the players so we also know what's being worked on and what isn't? That would definitely open up a line of communication between the players and devs. Make it like you do with the Patch Notes. I feel like it would help a lot in taming some of the rage.

Being reported does not automatically mean it's being actively worked on right away, though. The meeting serves to "triage" issues to determine prioritization. Issues that are also isolated "we don't have more than one or two people reporting" also do not typically make it into the report - we handle those through a different pipeline since they are more granular and can require direct contact with the player. While I could potentially share the list I escalate to the team during the meeting (I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the reports submitted by the other departments such as CS or QA), I foresee a lot of "my issue isn't on there" or "I submitted my issue two weeks ago and it was on the report and it's not fixed".

I need to weigh the pros and cons better on this but I'll give it a think.
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Still no Celestial Weapons for Bards (from Zariel's Challenge)
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Being reported does not automatically mean it's being actively worked on right away, though. The meeting serves to "triage" issues to determine prioritization. Issues that are also isolated "we don't have more than one or two people reporting" also do not typically make it into the report - we handle those through a different pipeline since they are more granular and can require direct contact with the player. While I could potentially share the list I escalate to the team during the meeting (I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the reports submitted by the other departments such as CS or QA), I foresee a lot of "my issue isn't on there" or "I submitted my issue two weeks ago and it was on the report and it's not fixed".

I need to weigh the pros and cons better on this but I'll give it a think.
    I think as long as you format it like you do with the patch notes where it's a closed discussion would be enough, in my opinion. Let the players have their thoughts of "my issue isn't on there!". I feel that the escalated issues should be sufficient. That way people stop submitting duplicate threads on the same issue I hope. Something along the lines of:

Escalated Issues
    Bard has been attempting to play his rapier as a flute [Insert Bug Report Thread Link Here]
    Barbarian thinks his sword is a meatstick [Insert Bug Report Thread Link Here]
    Butterfly bilethorn is spreading too many butterflies and makes enemies super fast to avoid them [Insert Bug Report Thread Link Here]
    Seals of the Wild not being granted on RADQ/RTQ [Insert Bug Report Thread Link Here]

These are issues that have been escalated to the development team and may or may not be fixed in a future patch. Stay tuned for the upcoming Patch Notes!

And maybe adding a link to the Bug Reports threads that brought the issues onto that list would help as well. Adding the link would definitely make it feel like reporting the bugs has a visible impact and provides a bit of transparency in the whole bug fixing process.

Oh, also check out the pocket wiki if you haven't gotten a chance to. It has a bugtracker in there that helps a very few players that are interested in bug reporting and tracking.
    Neverwinter Pocket Wiki 2

Cons: A few extra ragers on threads as to why certain bugs made the cut and why other ones haven't. These would eventually die down once folks get used to the idea of a new source of information for players regarding bugs. About 30 or so minutes of extra work on formatting and posting another weekly thread.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Still no Celestial Weapons for Bards (from Zariel's Challenge)

Did you create a Bug Report thread on this issue yet?
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User

Well.... if you see things related to your class/playstyle on the list it may help to tame your rage, however the bugs that affect you are near the bottom of the list it will probably just add to it further.

Personally just seeing patch notes every couple weeks and seeing that things are still being worked on is good enough for me, the order of it isnt really a big deal.
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2021

Barbarian thinks his sword is a meatstick [Insert Bug Report Thread Link Here]
    Barbarians have and will always think this.

Good suggestion, Malakut.