test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character bound old transmutes

With module 21 came the new adventuring system with the leveling campaigns and cryptic added famous, very rare, some legendary transmutes back to the game. Here are some pictures of them:

If you're an old great weapon fighter, you know that sword :smile:
If you aren't then look it up the Auction house, they go about 100 mil Astral diamonds.

All is good except the items that you get from this quest are "bound on pickup (Character)". Which means when you pick it up, it is no longer tradable even within your account.

A lot of us has maxed characters from the past and have completed these quests back in the old days. So you can't get them to your characters.
Also on Preview server they all were "bound on Equip" which means they were tradable.

I would ask you guys at cryptic to give our main/old characters the chance to get these old transmutes, because the state it's in, we cannot.
I have already posted on several threads on many forums with solutions about this problem. Here are some:

1. Make them "Bound on equip" again

2. Make them "Bound on pickup (Account)

3. Add in the quest/campaign replay future like we had something like that in the recently removed "Maze Engine" campaign.

Thank you!

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Sometimes I just think there is a s@dist or two working in the company who is doing things to upset players on purpose and just laughing to themselves before going home to pull the wings off flies. This one REALLY p!sses me off. Why would they change from Bind on Equip on preview to Bind on Pickup on live? For an effing transmute. Not game changing, just a transmute. There is no logical reason AT ALL why they would have done that and not at least made them Bind to Account instead so at least other characters could benefit from them. This is just a nasty and pointlessly cruel thing to do. I feel the time is fast approaching when we probably need to demand detailed answers on what the rationale behind these decisions are. It's no longer good enough for them to remain silent and for us to simply wonder why they did it, I think we deserve the actual reasons behind their choice, especially in this case because it is so petty and pointless and they definitely need to explain themselves.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • kaksika88#1477 kaksika88 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Sometimes I just think there is a s@dist or two working in the company who is doing things to upset players on purpose and just laughing to themselves before going home to pull the wings off flies. This one REALLY p!sses me off. Why would they change from Bind on Equip on preview to Bind on Pickup on live? For an effing transmute. Not game changing, just a transmute. There is no logical reason AT ALL why they would have done that and not at least made them Bind to Account instead so at least other characters could benefit from them. This is just a nasty and pointlessly cruel thing to do. I feel the time is fast approaching when we probably need to demand detailed answers on what the rationale behind these decisions are. It's no longer good enough for them to remain silent and for us to simply wonder why they did it, I think we deserve the actual reasons behind their choice, especially in this case because it is so petty and pointless and they definitely need to explain themselves.

I totally agree with you, but I don't need an apology letter or explanation. I just want them to fix these things about the game, but the devs doesn't even seem to mind it. 0 response. I asked the support too, they told me:

Also lot of people outraged about this, especially barbarians/gwfs. A couple of guys I talked too:

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    "Hopefully" is not really good enough is it. (In the comment from support.) Point really is that it was one way on preview and now it has changed, someone apparently changed it on purpose. So they can easily change it back again or explain why they didn't make it at least Bind to Account.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • unscchaos#2516 unscchaos Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I mean unlock all leveling missions to allow them to be replayed once. Or do the right thing and let us repeat old quests through the quest log as much as possible. There is a system in place where you could replay maze engine quests (pre mod 21) so simply make it all quests.
    edited August 2021
    I mean unlock all leveling missions to allow them to be replayed once. Or do the right thing and let us repeat old quests through the quest log as much as possible. There is a system in place where you could replay maze engine quests (pre mod 21) so simply make it all quests.

Exactly. This is one solution, but I prefer the "Bind on Equip" way, because in this way beginner players can start to get Astral Diamonds by selling them on the Auction House. This would be better for cryptic, because they could get more Astral diamonds out. A lot of people would buy them, question about that.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    @nitocris83 could you please raise this with the dev team or with the person in charge of drops? It would be very welcome fix to stop having BtC transmutes (these, Bel items, that new Flower Vorpal, etc.) when they could all be BtA instead.
    could you please raise this with the dev team or with the person in charge of drops? It would be very welcome fix to stop having BtC transmutes (these, Bel items, that new Flower Vorpal, etc.) when they could all be BtA instead.

Yeah, I saw that also. Flower vorpal character bound, like why lol? All the other enchantments with different colors are tradable, but not this one. Sometimes I think that cryptic makes random decisions about these. Looks like a mess right now
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Deleted.
    Still no changes...
  • secy23secy23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    hopefully BtA..... if nothing else.... but on Equip... its an, how to describe it, "Kick in the HAMSTER" for old First Day Players....surely
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Way too many things Bound to Character instead of Bound to Account as it is....

My thoughts, absolutely nothing should be Bound to Character, unless a character has equipped that item and even then I still find it objectionable -vs- the item Bound to Account, but that last part is just a personal opinion.

The game would probably make a decent revenue return if they sold a token that would remove the Bound to Character limitation even if it only made the item Bound to Account instead... More revenue if the game released a token to remove the bound status completely.
    DD~