test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverember's Recuitment Question

taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited July 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Where and how do you get the incentives for the Neverember's recruitment event? It doesn't happen as you level or as you finish a leveling zone. Anyone can elaborate how to do the event? I have a level 5 fighter that I created just for the event during the event, but I have not yet received any incentive. How do you gain it, perchance?

Comments

• lordoptimus#9230 lordoptimus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same here im at lvl 18 will be 20 tomorow i will be back to tell you if i get it or not unless someone else have other info
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Reached Level 20 on Bard. No Incentives Earned Yet.
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Maybe this needs to be in bug reports, if no one's earning incentives like they're supposed to in a Neverember's Recruitment Event?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Have you checked with the Vendor, or are there really none at all?
    E: Nvm, saw it on the bug reports as well
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    So when are the people who didn't get Neverember's Incentives going to get the Incentives? Adding a day to the event does NOT fix the problem. It isn't like people can go back and do the levels again that they have already done. All level 20 bards should get 100 incentives even if they leveled to 20 on the first or second day. Again, adding a day to the end of the event does not get these people the Incentive they should have gotten.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1261989/neverembers-recruitment-event-fixed

They are not planning to give you back the lost incentive, just extend the event by one day.

Since levelling is so easy, that means a lot of people are more or less done with leveling their bards.

So basically they are telling you to buy more character slots/delete a character and redo the leveling process.

Not good.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Well, how hard would it be for them to let a script run through characters created with this event and then simply give them the missing incentives?! The amount of incentives one can get per character and account are limited, and the only way to get the missing ones on our own would be starting a new character...

Sure, leveling is easier now, but some of us have invested time and money into our new characters already, therefore either give us the missing incentives or the option for refunds.

Bugs happens, sure, but it counts how you fix them and what you do to set things right with your customers afterwards!
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    I also react to the very brief form of that message from Nitocris. It sort of conveys how uncomfortable she is about this and very well know there is another shitstorm of unhappy customers coming.

Not what NW needs at this time.

As for giving people their missed incentive, scripting something like that assumes that opening those reward boxes is properly logged. Which it might not be.

However, in cases like this it would be better to err on the safe side and give people too much. They certainly DO have records of people leveling up and of character creation time, so just give people incentives accordingly. That some might have delayed the opening of those boxes is a lesser problem.
    Well, the amount of incentives is already limited to 200 incentives per account and 100 incentives per character.

+ if a character has less then 100 incentives after reaching level 20, add the missing amount of incentives to that character.
    + any incentives that would increase the amount above 100 will just be discarded.

Problem solved.
    Want to know why?
  • chucknorris#1854 chucknorris Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    What are the levels you earn incentive ?
    Just opened a level 5, after the bug fix, on a newly created bard and still no recruitment reward ?

Should i start over ?
    edited July 2021

What are the levels you earn incentive ?
    Just opened a level 5, after the bug fix, on a newly created bard and still no recruitment reward ?

Should i start over ?

I got two incentives when I opened the level 1 reward box on a freshly created bard. Also two each on levels 2 and 3.
  • chucknorris#1854 chucknorris Member Posts: 13 Arc User

I got two incentives when I opened the level 1 reward box on a freshly created bard. Also two each on levels 2 and 3.

Ok, thanks
    So go for a new char then ^^
  • veteraani#6285 veteraani Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    this is not the 1st time incentives bug, last time they fixed it too later and i created new chars, but the characters you delete have already got incentives and those take away from the "200/account limit" so no way to get 100 to one char anymore to purchase like 42slot bag

now i have lvl20 bard with 78 incentives and lvl20 cleric with 86 (leveled bit later so it go bit more from the "fix")
    this most likely means i dont get to 100 with any _one_ char even how many i create. so sad
    Well, i'm still waiting on a reply from the support, since it looks like the Neverember's Incentives Case is closed for the Devs through this "fix", the support can pick up the pieces and add the missing ones to my character.

I'd suggest you do the same...
    Want to know why?
  • redmage#9046 redmage Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    @regenerde I'm in the same boat, posted a ticket and on the thread in bug reports just to be sure. Closing in on 48 hours since I posted my ticket, received nothing but the automated response so far. I really hope this is not just ignored.
    Well, i saw "Today at 17:56" under "Last Update" with my recent ticket, but when i open the ticket there's no actual reply in it...
    Want to know why?
    edited August 2021
    Well, i got a reply today
    "Devs know about the bugs, can't say when those will be fixed. Thank you for your support."
    great... funny thing about it, going by the link above, the "issue" is "fixed", saying nothing about us poor schmucks that are missing Incentives and how we can get the missing ones?

I mean no offense, but after the HAMSTER up with the 42 slots bag, i'd prefer to get the missing incentives directly from the support, then to wait for a "fix" from the Devs!

Anyway, asked the GM to send a Dev into the
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261951/jewel-of-the-north-launch-week-general-bugs/
    thread, and hopefully give us some more information about what's going on.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    So quick question...if we level three toons, can we get incentives on two of them but the other reward boxes on the third toon, or is it just reward boxes on the first two toons?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    rubytrue said:

So quick question...if we level three toons, can we get incentives on two of them but the other reward boxes on the third toon, or is it just reward boxes on the first two toons?

Old recruitment you could start more toons and get incentives until you hit 200 in total (or 100 per toon) iirc. So you don't have to finish one. So if you level 3 at the same time, they should get the same stuff except after hitting incentive cap.
    - bye bye -

rubytrue said:

Old recruitment you could start more toons and get incentives until you hit 200 in total (or 100 per toon) iirc. So you don't have to finish one. So if you level 3 at the same time, they should get the same stuff except after hitting incentive cap.
    So once you hit the incentive cap, you lose all access to reward boxes?
    Well, if you're leveling more then 2 characters, i'd suggest to just bank the reward box on the third one for the next Neverember's Recruitment event and then open it for the incentives.

But keep an eye on any player feedback during the next event, to make sure that the reward boxes are dropping the incentives and are not bugged again.

And of course only open the reward box when the event is running, the moment the event ends, you won't get any incentives from the box.
    Want to know why?
    regenerde said:

Well, if you're leveling more then 2 characters, i'd suggest to just bank the reward box on the third one for the next Neverember's Recruitment event and then open it for the incentives.

But keep an eye on any player feedback during the next event, to make sure that the reward boxes are dropping the incentives and are not bugged again.

And of course only open the reward box when the event is running, the moment the event ends, you won't get any incentives from the box.

For me, the issue is that I was opening the reward box on one of them when it was bugged. I stopped opening reward boxes on any of them and was wondering if I should open the reward boxes on the last two toons that haven't had any rewards opened....
    edited August 2021
    Well, the problem here is, that you would only get the full amount of 100 incentives on one character, while the other two would have the remaining 100 incentives split among them... i think even when you delete the bugged character, it won't reset the amount of incentives you can get.
    Want to know why?
    Ticket Update: "We can't help you, you have to wait for the Devs to fix it."
    Ticket "solved".
    Want to know why?
    edited August 2021
    from patch notes: 100 Neverwinter Incentives are now claimable from the Reward Claims Agent. They will be claimable until next week’s maintenance.

YAY awesome fix, how this is going to help my 2 different chars with 78 and 86 incentives, still cant get 2x 42slot bags,
    now i can get one but........

why not just make incentives movable between characters(bound-account) would solve this problem much better
    i could make third char and move rest of the missing 200total (36 incentives) to my 2 chars and get 2 bags

so sad that they fix stuff by not really fixing anything

from patch notes: 100 Neverwinter Incentives are now claimable from the Reward Claims Agent. They will be claimable until next week’s maintenance.

YAY awesome fix, how this is going to help my 2 different chars with 78 and 86 incentives, still cant get 2x 42slot bags,
    now i can get one but........

why not just make incentives movable between characters(bound-account) would solve this problem much better
    i could make third char and move rest of the missing 200total (36 incentives) to my 2 chars and get 2 bags

so sad that they fix stuff by not really fixing anything

The question is if those extra 100 incentives will take you beyond the 200 limit. In that case you are getting a nice fat bonus and should not really complain.

If it still stops at the 100/200 limit.. it could also be that those 100 incentives are available to *all* characters, so you can top off both your characters.

My guess is that it is available to all characters but stops at the 100/200 limit. In which case you should be careful with which characters you pick it up on.

Well, some official answer on how those extra Incentives are going to be counted towards the character and the account limit would help here, before we end up with another mess...
    Want to know why?
    can you please make those incentives bound on account so i can move them between characters to finally get the 3x 42slots bag i only value from those rewards, rest is not worth anything to me
    this fix didnt fix a thing, so no fat bonuses ( just 1 free bag for all who are after it)

still 2 chars with 78 and 86 incentives that are worth nothing , since i cant buy the 100incentive rewards im after
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    I picked up the 100 incentive bag on the Bard I'd been leveling but it appears they simply vanished due to him having 194 incentives already. Comedy of errors, as usual.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
    edited August 2021
    So, you can only claim the 100 Incentives on a character that hasn't earned any?
    How is that making any sense at all, or how is this new mess a "fix" for the previous problem?
    And how do we now get the missing Incentives on our bugged characters?

It would have made more sense to
    a. reset the Incentives account limit
    b. give everyone a package of 200 Incentives
    c. fix the bloody bug, so that it won't happen again during the next event
    Want to know why?