test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

epic demogorgon

after recent update which included the change in leveling and such, i joined epic demogorgon trial, after finishing demogorgon went to collect prizes, the normal reward was collectable, but the second box was asking for a legendary dragon key or demogorgon's key, prior to the new ep release i crafted keys for this box in campaign, now there is now place to craft demogorgon;s key unless i am missing something there, anyone know where i can get demogorgon's key now?????

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Wondrous Bazaar.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tharuce#2140 tharuce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    thank you greywynd
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yes, that which was effectively free now costs you AD to get.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Yes, that which was effectively free now costs you AD to get.

If you are not a VIP, the price is 2,500 AD to get 4k RAD and some RP and a chance in 1000 to drop something decent.

I know they are now trying to correct the HAMSTER swapping for Bonding, but this is being done in a very aggressive way.
  • kaksika88#1477 kaksika88 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @"admiralwarlord#3792" said:
    > If you are not a VIP, the price is 2,500 AD to get 4k RAD and some RP and a chance in 1000 to drop something decent.
    >
    > I know they are now trying to correct the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> swapping for Bonding, but this is being done in a very aggressive way.

Like he said, it's more profitable if you're VIP
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    with 25% off vip 12 the price of the key is still 1875 AD that you use to earn RAD... but as they have re roll, maybe they don't mind and are happy.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    The only reason to purchase a key is to use four or five chances for that 1 in 1,000 reward. But if we start doing the math, it becomes much cheaper to outright pay for the 2 pres wards or companion upgrade tokens or mount upgrade tokens. And getting a reward of 500AD back for your 1,875AD key is a nice kick in the HAMSTER. Even if you were rewarded with a Mount Collar, which seems like the only sell-able item from most dungeon runs, your payback is still less than the probably ~250 keys that you now need to purchase to win one of those low probability rewards.

Dungeons may take a dive until they re-evaluate their current model of relieving everyone of their AD. Good thing i don't need any rank 6 enchanting stones from "Cradle". But you can purchase those too from the Third Eye, so . . .

Hopefully you don't need any Dungeon Shards for your Stronghold.

Sorry for the intense cynicism--but after watching them hand out 100,000RAD for several 'adventures' only to take it away by eliminating Portal and reducing the RAD from dungeon runs, I'm a bit dubious about this latest Cryptic strategy.
    It's obviously a push to make more people get VIP because so many are no longer getting it (compared to before) due to high numbers of long-term people leaving or refusing to pay because of decisions made by the company. I said elsewhere a little while back that a general gauge of how many people have VIP is to see how often you see the portable travel gates and banks and mail boxes, or the 'power of VIP' icon on your characters buff bar in PUG groups which everyone gets if even one person has VIP in that party. I have seen a decline in all of those things and see them less and less, where they all used to be very frequently seen out and about. Company is desperate to get more $$$ coming in because of the result of their own bad decisions and imo they're becoming more aggressive and almost penalizing non-VIP players now instead of just offering VIP players something extra. That's just my view, others may disagree.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    If it's to push people to VIP it's not worth it. Even with a voucher, VIP costs 600k AD per month and the Demo chest rarely gives anything of any worth - certainly not enough to warrant that type of expense.

I'm saying that as someone who still has VIP.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I just see a bad direction beginning to happen... Keys now cost AD which were effectively free before but if you have VIP they are cheaper and the player uses less AD so normal players are being penalized for not being VIP as there is no way to get a key for free now. Doesn't matter what the key gets you, just getting one is harder for non VIP players than normal players and the chest key is not a special item like a mobile travel gate. It's basic to the game. It would have been better to leave it to make one key in the same way daily for normal players, and then offer as many keys as someone likes on a daily-basis for AD from the WB which only appears in the store once someone is VIP. That way people aren't worse off for not being VIP and they still get to plug VIP by offering something extra. Also now I think VIP gets more AD from randoms than anyone else, isn't that right? It's just a general push which is starting to cross the line is what I mean because it looks less like offering an extra to someone who pays, and more like penalizing those who don't.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah the AD for keys thing is a rip off. Even with VIP they are not worth buying for most dungeons & trials.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • skulbukol#9415 skulbukol Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I would suggest that the keys are free if a player has VIP. This aggressive AD sink is such a lame idea