test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZAX - Duration Testing

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited August 2021

Mod 21 has dumped ~500000 rAD (~750000 rAD if times right with AD bonus) per character who finished all the adventures in the journal. Yes, it is rAD but it is still a significant amount of AD that is brand new to the economy for doing nothing (or next to nothing).

Well, i'd say
    + AD from exchanging Experience Booster
    + AD from exchanging leftover campaign currency
    could be seen as "brand new to the economy".

And don't forget all the Bonding Runestones still floating around in game, waiting to be turned into AD as well.

Anyway, i think placing high value items into the Wondrous Bazaar is the right way here, we need more of these kind of surprises, that might bring at least some AD balance back into the game.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Another thing I noticed: Queue reset(at least RADQ) is not at normal quest reset time any more. It seems like it is x hours since last run, x being 20 or something. I need to look more into what the pattern really is. And it could be an unintended bug.

That will also lead to less frequent runs and thus less AD into the economy.

But as it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Old players got a lot of RAD stored up, so it will not take effect immediately.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    STOP WASTING AD ON ZAX, IF YOU WANT ZEN SO BAD USE REAL MONEY FOR IT, CAN'T YOU ALL SEE MOST ITEM THEY RELEASED RECENTLY ON ZEN MARKET ARE ABLE TO BE SOLD IN AUCTION HOUSE FROM CASH PLAYERS TO MAKE AD OF THE ITEMS AND YOU FREE TO PLAY PLAYER CAN GET THEM, EXCHANGING ZEN TO AD GIVES NOTHING TO CASH PLAYERS, THEY PREFER BUYING KEY ITEMS THAT CAN BE SOLD ON AH AND MAKE MORE AD OF IT THAN FROM ZAX.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    arcanjo86 said:

STOP WASTING AD ON ZAX, IF YOU WANT ZEN SO BAD USE REAL MONEY FOR IT, CAN'T YOU ALL SEE MOST ITEM THEY RELEASED RECENTLY ON ZEN MARKET ARE ABLE TO BE SOLD IN AUCTION HOUSE FROM CASH PLAYERS TO MAKE AD OF THE ITEMS AND YOU FREE TO PLAY PLAYER CAN GET THEM, EXCHANGING ZEN TO AD GIVES NOTHING TO CASH PLAYERS, THEY PREFER BUYING KEY ITEMS THAT CAN BE SOLD ON AH AND MAKE MORE AD OF IT THAN FROM ZAX.

What is your point? Most item is not all. There is no AD wasted regardless. There is no transaction fee. There is no interest earned by keeping AD in the bank/purse. 6 month, one year wait really does not matter to me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Another change that is reducing RAD income and bleeding AD out: A lot of the 2nd chest keys are now in the AD store.

If you don't buy them you lose RAD, if you buy them 2k or so AD leaves the economy.

There seems to be a number of smaller changes aimed at improving the ZAX queue.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Whoa! Lots of activity here... I haven't been here since page 9, I have been busy making my bard with social issues. Not that makes him bad, he is just unique. Which brings me back to this topic. I tossed $10 on here for more character slots. First time I ever spent money on Neverwinter. I just picked up two and got three for some reason. First time spending cash here I suppose? To think, it only took me 6 years! :trollface:

So the old man says, the Zax is thawing out. Anyone agree or disagree? Don't matter he and the misses took off to who knows where. Knowing those two, my guess is Paris or London.

Yes, Paris, Texas or London, Ontario would be my guess. :lol:

Just killing time...
    edited August 2021

So the old man says, the Zax is thawing out. Anyone agree or disagree? Don't matter he and the misses took off to who knows where. Knowing those two, my guess is Paris or London.

Yes, Paris, Texas or London, Ontario would be my guess. :lol:

May be Paris, Ontario and London, Ontario. Easier to go to both. Only 54 miles in between. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dragovf82dragovf82 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hi , just for statistics
    my 25k order of zen of the 01/25/2021 it was completed on 08/05/2021 half at 1:46 and the rest at 21:30
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

Woah there Ser ALL CAPS. Take your pinky off the shift key.

But to your point, I agree with your general assessment. I have a hard time believing that many players are regularly converting Zen to AD. The current Zen to AD exchange rate is kind of low, compared to the overall AD marketplace, and RAD is sooooo easy to come by in game now, especially with the added bonuses awarded during the process of leveling up a new character in M21 (like 400k RAD per toon, just by finishing zones).

edited August 2021

arcanjo86 said:

What is your point? Most item is not all. There is no AD wasted regardless. There is no transaction fee. There is no interest earned by keeping AD in the bank/purse. 6 month, one year wait really does not matter to me.
    my point is the players that complain about the time it takes to exchange, they won't see much change on it, if they want their zen faster their best solution is using real money to zen exchange, the major complain is how long it takes to exchange ad to zen, they will not change how long it takes if it will make cash players not use real money for zen, this was a problem of the past were we had all players exchange ad to zen almost instantly, we didn't have caps on daily rad refine, lead to players not use real money for zen, if the game was not making money to the company, something had to change to these "benefits", daily ad cap refine was added, 6month exchange ad to zen added, they created a middle ground between cash players and free to play players.
    "Most item is not all" like unique companions store events(champions of the hall), r15 enchantment packs, keys pack(unique companion from mod 21) to open lockboxes unique mounts, zen store unique mounts events, mount collar packs event in zen store, account wide mount packs, mythic insignia packs, these item make more ad to cash players through ah than the zen to ad exchange does, unique(fomo) items in zen store is what makes money for the company, and recently adding unique items(fomo) items in wondorous bazaar are steps towards players remove ad from the exchange...

arcanjo86 said:

Woah there Ser ALL CAPS. Take your pinky off the shift key.

But to your point, I agree with your general assessment. I have a hard time believing that many players are regularly converting Zen to AD. The current Zen to AD exchange rate is kind of low, compared to the overall AD marketplace, and RAD is sooooo easy to come by in game now, especially with the added bonuses awarded during the process of leveling up a new character in M21 (like 400k RAD per toon, just by finishing zones).

and it seems they missed how much faster and easier is to level up and make rad from leveling alts as "exploitable" system to make rad alts banks from leveling, after finishing refining an alt maxed level rad char bank delete and start leveling another alt rad char for banking, repeat and repeat, work as intended????
    edited August 2021
    Well, what would be the point of doing that?

Sure, you can get some extra AD from the adventure and campaign rewards directly, but that's about it. Any "extra" rAD still has to be refined, and the daily account limit is still 100k.

Not to mention that more then enough players are sitting on tons of unrefined rAD per account, or in some cases even characters, and can't do anything with it.

I mean, it makes more sense to create two more characters during the Neverember Recruitment event for the additional rewards from the leveling box, exchange the Incentives for two more 42 slot bags, and then keep the new characters around for invoking and may be running a daily Random Dungeon Queue every now and then.

Just saying, that would be much easier, and i'm pretty sure that's what most players are already doing.
    Want to know why?
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    New data point: Order for 25,000 Zen placed on 1.27.21 @12:11am Central Time; order fulfilled on 8.8.21@ 8:20 pm Central Time (only took 1 minute to fill entire 25K order once fulfillment began).
    Sorry been busy working on my bard, I also play different games throughout the week. This problem is not unique to Cryptic Neverwinter. Another game I play, has the grind currency up there in the hundreds of billions for the vets. A new player can walk into the game and pick up grinding currency at a rate of 1 billion per month easy. The result is the items in the market sell for BIG numbers as well. A low end basic weapon might be 50,000 while the "Best in Slot" version runs you 50 billion. Since the game has no exchange to speak of, items like dye that is only obtained from the cash currency is sold at a premium for 20 billion each and you will be waiting 6 months to a year for those items. People can and do request the dye and just have to wait, there is no other solution.

Yet another game I play, the NPC ran out of black dye. Can you guess why? The database on that game requires the players who find/farm black dye to sell it to the vendors. No one farming it, so vendors can't sell it. The premise is good. However you wander over to the dye trader to find he has nothing but browns, blues, and other common base dye, it makes you ask, was this well thought out?

Other games do get plagued with backlogs. How to deal with the backlog is the issue. Cryptic has restricted grind currency by refinement caps. These caps fail because many players bypass them with multiple accounts. Cryptic offers sinks to absorb the currency but then the players complain the sinks are "not worth it" because the "AD sink will not make them more AD". For real? Yes. They fricken do! They currently only charge a 10% tax on the sale of goods sold, maybe the tax should get increased to 50%? Sure sellers will charge more, but more AD will go away too. Instead of 100K gone, for a 1 million AD item, 500K is gone.

The two prior games by Cryptic, Star Trek and Champions Online, uses the same type of player exchange. They goofed by making Neverwinter auction house run on the AD instead of the gold. Champions has a 8K per character cap on questionite (AD) and we have no backlog, zen can be traded immediately. Meanwhile Star Trek suffered a tiny backlog this summer and it was over Cryptic dumping dilithium (AD) into the system. They hit the 500 cap in the exchange and backlogged for a time. But the auctions are not using the dilithium or the questionite, they use energy credits and global currency (NW gold).

Since they completely rebooted this game with module 21, I don't understand why they didn't just fix the auction to run on gold instead. I am enjoying the new game by the way, when do you think they will retitle it? :trollface:

Just killing time...
    edited August 2021
    Well, got my listing from 26. January through today too:
    5:17 PM -> 2324 ZEN
    5:18 PM -> 1075 ZEN
    5:22 PM -> 500 ZEN
    5:23 PM -> 50 ZEN
    5:27 PM -> 200 ZEN
    5:39 PM -> 150 ZEN
    5:45 PM -> 701 ZEN

Anyway, i'd say they're on the right track with placing high value items into the Wondrous Bazaar for draining AD out of the game, but we need more of that, may be they can come up with some fancy fashion stuff or very unique pets that everyone wants to buy for all their characters...
    Want to know why?
    I see Mr. Black made an update to the spreadsheet. You can find this link in his signature.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R0-kPAHx7dJhH1JvTVkY7Lg3PSZkDX6Ub3II2HrCMLg/edit#gid=0

For those who find Google a scary place, the frozen area shows;
    1/21/20211767/16/2021+20 days
    1/22/20211827/23/2021+7 days
    1/23/20211887/30/2021+7 days
    1/24/20211898/1/2021+1 days
    1/25/20211928/5/2021+4 days
    1/26/20211938/7/2021+3 days
    1/27/20211948/9/2021+2 days
    Apparently there was well over a months worth in there. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    regenerde said:

Well, got my listing from 27. January through today too:

Anyway, i'd say they're on the right track with placing high value items into the Wondrous Bazaar for draining AD out of the game, but we need more of that, may be they can come up with some fancy fashion stuff or very unique pets that everyone wants to buy for all their characters...

todays patch notes added some stuff from zen store to wondorous bazaar

edited August 2021
    arcanjo86 said:

regenerde said:

Well, got my listing from 27. January through today too:

todays patch notes added some stuff from zen store to wondorous bazaar

Well, these are the items that are being moved to the Wondrous Bazaar:
    - Change Physical Appearance tokens
    - Character Loadouts
    - Rename Tokens
    and no offense, but that just looks like they're trying to get rid of a selection of non-sellers from the ZEN shop, and i doubt players are going to waste much AD on them either.

You could get one or even two of the Change Physical Appearance tokens for free from a higher level quest in Blacklake District for every single character before this update, not sure how it is now. Nearly forgot, if you have unlocked the Aasimar race for your account, you can also get a free token from there for every character.

Character Loadouts, two are free, and while there might be some players looking for more then that, the majority probably uses only one loadout most of the time. Not to mention that loadouts are currently bugging out for many players, so not something you want to spend money (ZEN) or time (AD) on until it's fixed.

Rename Tokens, those might sell a few times, but at some point you're just fine with your characters name and that's it.

Anyway, i don't see those items taking any AD out of the ZAX - overall they're just not worth it. The 42 slots bag and the mythic account-wide lion were perfect, and we need more of that.
    Want to know why?
    regenerde said:

Character Loadouts, two are free, and while there might be some players looking for more then that, the majority probably uses only one loadout most of the time. Not to mention that loadouts are currently bugging out for many players, so not something you want to spend money (ZEN) or time (AD) on until it's fixed.

Character loadout would be useful. Of course, that depends on how much AD.
    If it is cheap enough, I could buy few loadouts which more or less are identical except power selection difference.
    That would most likely not affected by the loadout bug. In the worst case, copy the loadout to all and adjust few powers.

• Character loadout would be useful. Of course, that depends on how much AD.
    If it is cheap enough, I could buy few loadouts which more or less are identical except power selection difference.
    That would most likely not affected by the loadout bug. In the worst case, copy the loadout to all and adjust few powers.

400k for a loadout. 200k for appearance change, 300k for rename. (all before VIP % off)
    I would have to agree, these are low end zen items. I don't think they need to be zen items at all, just something people want to buy for AD. Myself, I am still waiting for them to add a scroll that allows me to talk to rocks. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    While I agree these items will not have a dramatic effect, it is a step in the right direction at least.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Some new data for you:

Posted january 28th, 9:13 pm gmt+1 received today, august 15th, 1:30 pm so +6 days between regenerdes order from january 27th and mine.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2021

Some new data for you:
    Posted january 28th, 9:13 pm gmt+1 received today, august 15th, 1:30 pm so +6 days between regenerdes order from january 27th and mine.

7 month backlog and still increasing...

The backlog has already created inflated prices for zen items on AH - might as well raise the ZAX cap, but that same backlog makes it impossible to raise/remove it without pissing off people who have been waiting for months.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Not sure that pissing people off will worry them, in fact that would probably make it more likely to happen.

edited August 2021

Some new data for you:

The backlog has already created inflated prices for zen items on AH - might as well raise the ZAX cap, but that same backlog makes it impossible to raise/remove it without pissing off people who have been waiting for months.
    We already had the ZAX cap increase, took a few days or may be weeks, and the backlog was full again. Add to that, that the AH prices also went up, and that was way before they dumped the extra AD into the game through various options.

But sure, let's put the game finally into the ground by increasing the ZAX cap to 1k AD per 1 ZEN...

Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    Want to know why?
    edited August 2021
    regenerde said:

Some new data for you:

We already had the ZAX cap increase, took a few days or may be weeks, and the backlog was full again. Add to that, that the AH prices also went up, and that was way before they dumped the extra AD into the game through various options.

But sure, let's put the game finally into the ground by increasing the ZAX cap to 1k AD per 1 ZEN...

Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    @utookmynick
    Actually it is only a 7 months wait for those who put in orders back in January. @hotfrostworm spreadsheet has an optimistic look into the future. :trollface: Anyone placing and order today August 21st, 2021 shows a probable return sometime beyond July 9th, 2022. When players in Protector's Enclave chat say 6 to 7 months, try more like ten months. They are basing this on current returns and not the weather reports. Skies ahead are dark and cloudy for the ZAX.

Raising the cap made this backlog worse. Players only had to wait 2 months for a return at most before they raised it from 500:1 to 750:1. So what happened? Players who contribute zen to the ZAX made out like bandits. Players who contributed AD to the ZAX reposted at 750, others who came later having posted at 500:1 took their AD and went home. For about 3 or 4 months the zen flowed in as new naïve players wanted quick AD for zen. Ah, then they learned the system and the backlog filled up faster and stronger than before.

At present you have 2 competing factors, this new version of the game has attracted the most new players all year. This means, many don't know how the economy works and they blindly buy $10 worth of zen and immediately post it for AD. The other factor is of course the greedy players who take advantage of the broken system. They spend all their zen on bundles, wards, and whatnot that can be broken down and sold in the auction for AD and the ZAX never sees one red cent. To make this worse they toss most to all of the AD into the ZAX and wait for a higher return of zen. Fix the Auction House and you will drain the backlog.

My opinion has always been, if you like a game you should support it. I joke around a lot, but I do seriously do pay for my games. Last month was the first time in 6 years I gave Neverwinter cash. I am always dropping cash on Champions. If you don't think the game is worthy of your financial support, then you should not play here. Even if I suspect my cash is sent to China for additional military bioweapons research, I still make the effort to assist the game. This new version of Neverwinter is 8 years late in development, but heading in the right direction.

update: Just got done here for today, and was thinking what would make me spend even more cash money on Neverwinter? I would pay for Lukan of the Many-Starred Cloak, being a legendary companion. I always liked that character's personality. His passive ability should be fight or flight, with a 10% chance to retreat out of fear, the personal buff would be stamina & movement. Meanwhile he would cower behind you all that time. Otherwise 90% of the time he would simply create illusions causing the enemy combatants to fire at his illusions.

Now that might not appeal to all players, but I would buy that one for a dollar! :trollface:
    Post edited by blargskull on

Just killing time...
    edited August 2021

Some new data for you:

What is the Zen store item that could be sold in AH is inflated and one has to buy it frequently? The only thing that worth buying frequently is VIP which can't be sold in AH.

Raising Zax cap does not solve anything as many already said. Russian server has been 1000:1 for years. As long as they don't cut AD production or adding more worthy AD sink, the cap is not the issue and raising it does not solve anything. Just the thinking/rumor/expectation of the Zax cap may be increased would hurt Zax already.
    edited August 2021

Raising Zax cap does not solve anything as many already said. Russian server has been 1000:1 for years. As long as they don't cut AD production or adding more worthy AD sink, the cap is not the issue and raising it does not solve anything. Just the thinking/rumor/expectation of the Zax cap may be increased would hurt Zax already.

Didn't expect such a strong emotional reactions to my comments. I was just stating facts. I'm not even saying they should raise the cap. I'm saying that the backlog has already caused zen store items to inflate. This negates at least one of the main reasons to have a cap. But again, the same backlog makes it impossible raise/remove the cap. It's an INTERESTING dilemma. That's all.

Also, from the standpoint of the company, the backlog isn't a bad thing for them. At least, more pros than cons.

What is the Zen store item that could be sold in AH is inflated and one has to buy it frequently? The only thing that worth buying frequently is VIP which can't be sold in AH.

This is a red herring. Not only that, it is just your own personal view. The backlog has worked out well for me too actually, because you can make a lot of AD by buying zen stuff and selling on AH. So I know the demand is there. Maybe not from you, but plenty of others.
    Post edited by utookmynick on
    edited August 2021

Didn't expect such a strong emotional reaction to my comments.

I don't want to address all the arguments, but just a simple fact: the inflation is due to the increase of AD supply. If raising the cap also comes with changes that increase AD generation (or not addressing an existing, overly rapid AD supply expansion), then obviously you will just end up with a backlog again. Removing the cap completely would allow it to better reflect AD supply BUT it would be terrible for new players (those that don't have or want to spend loads of real money)