test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't get into the game

sheylennasheylenna Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I hit play it starts the game then it just sits there with a black screen and an orange mouse curser. I updated the game about 2 days ago.

please help
Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Have you submitted a ticket to support? They can assist you with initial troubleshooting.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @nitocris83 many people have been having this problem since the combat rework. it has been reported, with no response.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261920/why-am-i-getting-black-screen . The standard work-around is to use task manager to to end Neverwinter, then restart the game. This works, until the next time is happens, which seems to be random. Would be nice to not to have to do that though.
  • Options
    erza1120erza1120 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    @bigman99#8273 Thanks for you post. I had the same issue and I send a ticket and everything and I was sad I wasn't hearing anything for the devs but I clicked your link and it worked so hopefully I don't have the same issue anymore.
  • Options
    scarlettsteelscarlettsteel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Hello,

if you use the Arc Client to start Neverwinter, the application hang is most likely caused by the Arc Overlay.
    As a workaround try the following:

- in Neverwinter Laucher go to "Options"
    - scroll down to "Command Line"
    - enter "-ArcOverlayEnable 0" (without quotation marks)
    - click "Save"
    - click "Exit" and "Play" to start Neverwinter

This should fix the issue.

Scarlett Steel