test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill nodes with no rewards

justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
As requested I am posting this here. Over the last week or so I have been running into the skill nodes not containing any rewards. I successfully open them and nothing happens. The sound is generated, but not rewards in inventory. I attached the conversation below after reporting in game.
For the last couple days I have parked my alts at a skill node appropriate for their class. When doing an invoke rotation I would open the skill nodes. On average about 5 of 13 nodes are empty. These are in regular maps, not quests. For instance the religion node at 1496,2544 in the Lonely wood is a common offender. there are several nodes in Neverdeath Graveyard and about half return no rewards. It's random as well. Sometimes this node sometimes that one. It's as if the RNG has a null or 0 as a possible result.
This also seems to be a fairly new thing.
Hope that helps
Justkickinit

Cyrelm (Arc Games)
Jul 24, 2021, 23:00 PDT
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I appreciate the details that you've shared. Upon further investigation, I am afraid the issue may be the result of a bug. It will also be helpful for you to submit a bug report on the Neverwinter forum:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/bug-reports-pc

Also, if you find or notice any additional information regarding this issue, please let me know so I can include it in our report. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your patience and kind understanding in this matter are highly appreciated. Should you have other questions, feel free to let us know.
Regards,
GM Cyrelm
Game Master

justkickinit
Jul 23, 2021, 5:19 PDT
Hi,
The nodes in question were in the general zones. For instance; The Arcane node behind the Thayan portal in Well of Dragons. The Nature node in the quarry in Dread ring, and a religion node in that area as well.
I have since moved from those nodes to others, but for 3 days it was these and a couple others I don’t recall that were being problematic.

Fare thee well,

Robert

Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 9:37 PM
To: justkickinit
Subject: [Ticket Updated]: 553721: Skill node failure

Etelia (Arc Games)
Jul 20, 2021, 21:37 PDT
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to hear that half of the skill nodes you opened failed to produle anything upon opening in various adventure zones. I will see what I can do to help.

In order to efficiently investigate, may I know if you noticed any error messages when you opened the skill nodes? Were you doing quests at that time? If yes, what are the names of these quests? Have you checked the Riches tab for any resources that may have been placed there? Any additional informatin will be appreciated.

I will be waiting for your response. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.
Regards,
GM Etelia
Game Master

justkickinit
Jul 20, 2021, 8:22 PDT
I've had half of the skill nodes fail to produce anything upon opening. Various character in various zones. Mostly in Neverdeath, Dread Ring, and Well of dragons. Not a specific node, but nodes in general.
Attachment(s)
chatLog.csv
pets.csv
C:/Program Files (x86)/Neverwinter_En/Neverwinter/Live/screenshots/tempss.jpg

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    They're mimics feasting on your kits.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    lol.... Forsure! Actually I don't need to use kits when the character is opening a node aligned with that character. Like an Arcane node for Wizard.
    However, I do find the occasional node that uses an excessive amount of kits when not aligned. I had a nature node use 8 kits once.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Only 8? My high was 16. It became a moral imperative to loot it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Indeed!! It must not be left unlooted!!!