test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eclipse Mount stats are wrong

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
The ad you see via the launcher pushing the eclipse mount has very impressive stats on the tooltip, people will want it for those stats and get all excited. Unfortunately when you go to the WB ingame and check it there, the stats are somewhat different and not in a good way.
I do not own this mount, it is new and I don't have it, so even though it says that stats are shown at max if un-owned and would be different if you owned it, the stats on the tooltip in the WB should show the same thing as the stats shown in the advertisement (which is presumably max stats) because I do not have this mount. They do not match and what you get ingame when you spend 3mill AD is far less than advertised.

Stats shown on the tooltip in the advertisement:

Stats shown on the tooltip when viewed ingame:

Edit: Second tooltip (ingame version) is a little small in that image so I've cropped it which will make it larger in this post.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Those stats are showing with your mount bolster
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    you need 100% bolster for the big stats
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Oh hang on, is it because of bolster. I think it is. Once again this new system is misleading players when they think they're getting something they will not unless they spend a fortune of real $ on getting all mythic mounts to get to 100% bolster. I will leave the post untouched because it's still misleading players and they need their attention drawn to it. They've been disappointed enough lately as it is.
    And the tooltip is misleading anyway, because it says if you own it, it will show different but if un-owned it will show max. I don't own it and it's still showing a reduced amount ingame compared to the advertisement. I still think this is a bug tbh. And also the tooltip needs adding-to with a proper explanation on how to get it to max if it is indeed bolster which is reducing the stats on it ingame. This is confusing even me, I hate to think how it would affect a new player.
    arazith07 said:

Yea, I realized that and commented again, but the thing is I do not own it. Once I acquired it, I would understand the tooltip showing different but as I do not own it, it should be showing max. That's what the tooltip says.

arazith07 said:

Yea, I realized that and commented again, but the thing is I do not own it. Once I acquired it, I would understand the tooltip showing different but as I do not own it, it should be showing max. That's what the tooltip says.
    If you have ANY mount with the same passive (Dominant force in this case), it shows the stats based on bolster.
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

If you have ANY mount with the same passive (Dominant force in this case), it shows the stats based on bolster.
    Tooltip is still wrong. It says "Stat values are shown for the currently quality of the owned mount. If un-owned, the stats are shown at max quality." I do not own this mount. Tooltip says nothing about passives or combat powers, it only refers specifically to whether this particular mount is owned or not.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

Yes, it is more confusing than OP stated. For me, I see +1458 Power and +875 Combined Rating, item level 971. It is because I own a mount that has Dominant force and it is not Mystic. I expect this Mystic mount should be at least 2429 item level if I equip it.

Another toon shows +729 Power, +437 Combined rating, item level 485 because of the Dominant Force of the mount that toon has.

Both toon have the same Bolster.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Yes, the advertisement is showing what your stats would look like if your character's Mount Bolster was at maximum value at 100%. Also, there is a discount if you have/renew VIP.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
    For a Mystic Account wide mount, 2.25 million (with VIP discount) is very cheap. I bought it for bolster purpose. I bought lockbox mystic account mount for over 3 million in AH so that I don't need to open lockbox myself.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    So "max quality" is two different things? Or is there only one possible max quality.
    edited July 2021

So "max quality" is two different things? Or is there only one possible max quality.

Basically, when your mounts doesn't have that power, it shows the max.
    If your mount has the power, it shows what your mount (not the one in the store) has.

So, for me, when I check the AD store, I saw +1458 Power and +875 Combined Rating which is the Dominant Force stat of my stable.
    After I bought it and equipped it, my Dominant Force is now +3802 Power, +2282 Combined rating, item level 1689.

So, what I saw was lower than what I actually get.

People complained about it. Dev commented it and it is something they don't know how to make it 'right'.
    My point is this: There can only be ONE max quality. That is the top quality that mount can ever achieve in stats. Aside from any discussion on why the tooltips may show differently depending on what bolster you have, the issue here with the tooltip is that I do not own the mount so until I do, it should show max quality on all tooltips as it states. If the max quality on the advertisement is a certain set of figures which purports to be max quality, then the max quality when I look at the item ingame and I do not own it should show the same set of figures as stated on the tooltip.
    edited July 2021

My point is this: There can only be ONE max quality. That is the top quality that mount can ever achieve in stats. Aside from any discussion on why the tooltips may show differently depending on what bolster you have, the issue here with the tooltip is that I do not own the mount so until I do, it should show max quality on all tooltips as it states. If the max quality on the advertisement is a certain set of figures which purports to be max quality, then the max quality when I look at the item ingame and I do not own it should show the same set of figures as stated on the tooltip.

In short, if your stable has the same power of the mount, it shows you wrong number in which the bolster is not even a material factor as I showed in my example.

My 2nd toon: bolster 62%. This mystic mount in AD store shows: +729 Power, +437 combined rating.

After it is equipped:
    bolster 69%. The Dominant Force now shows +3802 Power, +2282 combined rating
    I understand. But if un-owned the tooltip on the advertisement and the tooltip in the WB should both show the same figures as stated on the tooltip because it is not yet owned and not yet affected by anything in your stable. If un-owned, nothing should be changing the tooltip figures. If this is not the case and when viewing the tooltip ingame your current owned items do in fact affect what you see even if you do not own that particular mount yet, the tooltip is basically bugged so it needs fixing.

I understand. But if un-owned the tooltip on the advertisement and the tooltip in the WB should both show the same figures as stated on the tooltip because it is not yet owned and not yet affected by anything in your stable. If un-owned, nothing should be changing the tooltip figures. If this is not the case and when viewing the tooltip ingame your current owned items do in fact affect what you see even if you do not own that particular mount yet, the tooltip is basically bugged so it needs fixing.

That's not how the code works though. Mounts are coded as the appearance, with mount power and combat power all separated and in no way actually connected to the appearance bit. So when looking at the stats, you are looking at the Dominant Force part as the unowned bit, not the appearance of the mount. They've explained that there is no way to actually base it off of it you have the mount or not.
    arazith07 said:

That's not how the code works though. Mounts are coded as the appearance, with mount power and combat power all separated and in no way actually connected to the appearance bit. So when looking at the stats, you are looking at the Dominant Force part as the unowned bit, not the appearance of the mount. They've explained that there is no way to actually base it off of it you have the mount or not.
    That may be true but is all irrelevant. The tooltip states that if you do not own the mount it will show max quality. I do not own the mount and it is not showing max quality. The information on the tooltip needs to be fixed.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Blog has been updated with the Note bellow (it got missed for this blog):

Note: tooltip displays max possible stats when a player has 10+ Mythic mounts in their stable.
    @nitocris83 Ty. The tooltip errors really need to be gotten on top of once and for all. Players make (sometimes very expensive) choices based on the information they get from tooltips and it only creates bad feelings when they are misled even a little bit. You don't want that. Unlike usual bugs in coding which I'm sure can be complicated at times, tooltip errors are very basic and easy to avoid by whoever writes the text for them. All they need to do is just be as accurate (by double-checking and triple-checking from multiple sources before approving them) and unambiguous as possible (there is always more than enough blank space on the tooltip for this to happen) and use common sense by putting themselves in the position of the player and what the player needs to know, assuming they know nothing at the time of reading it.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    mounts bolster should only affect slotted mount equip power and not mounts tooltips
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    arazith07 said:

I think that's the bug. The bug is: if you already have a power, the tooltip of an unowned mount shows the numbers of the power that you already have in your stable. It should show either the numbers at 100% bolster and mythic quality, or at 100% bolster and the hovered-over mounts quality, or the hovered-over mounts mount quality and current player bolster (this one would not be entirely accurate either but at least it would be close and it will be higher after the new mount increases the bolster, so it won't disappoint). IDK which one it's supposed to be really. I think it's supposed to be the 100% bolster mythic quality one. That's not what it currently does.

Examples:
    Looking at a mythic mount that I have the power of in Legendary quality shows me that skill slightly lower than mine at legendary quality and not-100%-bolster. I would expect it to show me the skill in mythic quality, max bolster.
    Looking at a mythic mount that I do not have the power of, shows me that skill slightly lower than my skills at mythic quality and not-100% bolster. I would expect it to show me the skill in mythic quality, max bolster.
    Looking at a Legendary mount that I do not have the power of, shows me that skill slightly lower than my skills at mythic quality and not-100% bolster (so identical to the mythic unowned power). I would expect it to show me the skill in mythic quality, max bolster.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. equip one legendary mount, for example the legendary Brown Siege Bear.
    2. now check out the power tooltips on the mythic Polar Siege Bear (which has the same powers as the mount you just equipped), the mythic Feywild Griffon and the legendary Armored Griffon (which you presumably don't have. If using a copied toon and you do have those, try checking the Epic Giant Toad and the Legendary Giant Toad instead, since few toons will have both).

When our own powers still showed damage numbers, in the powers window it would show you some base damage number and you had to equip the power in a slot in order to see its real damage number. I'm sure they can make something where every mount tooltip is displayed without taking into account if you already own that power or not.