test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What will happen to Knox's Recruitment Token come Mod 21?

mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I've had this Instant 70 token since Mod 15, when there were rumors of a new class coming in 16. I've been saving it specifically for the new class. However, on the preview server it either doesn't carry over, or is disabled. I very sincerely hope I will be able to use it on Mod 21 launch. I don't care if it only bumps me to level 17, as long as it does something. I will be VERY upset if I spent $50 on literally nothing, nevermind it being a digital item in the first place.

I know it's already been removed from Live, but what is the plan going forward?

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Well,
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489273-m21-overview-faq
    "What happens if I was mid-way leveling to max level?
    You will be set to level 20 and will find a gear pack on the reclaim agent. At that point you will be 20k item level and you can either jump into the endgame or feel free to go back and finish up any leveling content you haven’t done yet."
    going by that, i don't see any reason why this token shouldn't bring a new character straight to the new level 20, anything else regarding that token should remain the same.

And if they're dead set on removing the token, not a problem either, just give us full refunds and it will be fine too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    This is a question my wife voiced on preview thread or close to it. She asked about players who bought Campaign tokens to get 100%. She is or was very proud to have 100% on all campaigns with her characters, when she hit preview some of the campaigns say 50% but only 3 are 100% complete. I don't think this late in the rebuild there is anything to be done about it. You can spend your tokens now or wait and spend it later. The result will be if you have a character it will become level 20. If you completed your campaigns most will have something remaining that needs to be done. I think you can see by the response, it is working as intended.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    > @hotfrostworm said:
    > This is a question my wife voiced on preview thread or close to it. She asked about players who bought Campaign tokens to get 100%. She is or was very proud to have 100% on all campaigns with her characters, when she hit preview some of the campaigns say 50% but only 3 are 100% complete. I don't think this late in the rebuild there is anything to be done about it. You can spend your tokens now or wait and spend it later. The result will be if you have a character it will become level 20. If you completed your campaigns most will have something remaining that needs to be done. I think you can see by the response, it is working as intended.

You dont have much to worry about, most of the campaigns are still in mod 21. You can still use the completion token on them. I know this because I leveled the Bard to 20 on the preview server just to see the structure of post level 20 and most of the camps are there. The only difference is they are locked behind item level requirement. Only a few camps have been changed to "Adventures" such as Elemental Evil and Undermountain.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Let me attempt to understand this logic. Years ago I pay $20 buyout for a campaign, I obviously didn't want to run. Then somewhere in mid August of this year, I have to either finish the campaign or pay another $20 to not play it... again. Makes perfect sense in some alternate universe maybe.

@mestrahd I have spent hundreds on this game alone, for nothing. I don't have an exact number, but I spent thousands on various games in total and they mean nothing. Life is full of nothing and we are the ones who buy it. I know that doesn't hurt any less and maybe the pain should be a reminder.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    At the moment on Preview the Antiquities Scholar is only offering refunds (in AD) for 3 campaign completion tokens - Maze Engine, EE and the original Sharandar campaign. Since they do not include the Level 70 token on the list, they must be addressing it differently.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

has anyone already opened it? all items account-bound?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm grateful that they gave us a copy of the new replacement Knox pack, but mine doesn't work. A guildie of mine used one on his bard at level 2, now he's 20. Using it on my bard at level 2, doesn't even open. Double clicking and right clicking do not work.
    edited July 2021
    Well, same here, i can't open the Glory of Neverwinter Pack on my new Bard either... finished the Intro, finished the training, tried relogging and even restarting the game, still can't open that bloody box!

And btw. i had 2 Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Orders, so why did i only get 1 Glory of Neverwinter Pack?!

Ticket #558336
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    edited September 2021
    Update to the first ticket: Solved with a "Devs have to fix it." reply.

Created a second ticket for buying the wrong item from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store during the last sale, it took a few days, but finally got the item removed and the bars refunded
    (Hint: It might help to let us sell back any items for the original price as long as we didn't equip or refine them.)
    by a Special GM, so i thought no harm in asking that one for help regarding the missing second Order, right?

Wrong.

Answer from the Special GM, you never bought the second pack and therefore you'll never get a replacement for it. Ticket solved.

What? :angry:

For HAMSTER sake, i had those two Orders sitting so long on my account, that i saw them changed/updated at least once or even twice before they were removed with Module 21. I've been playing the game for years, and i've spend several thousands of ZEN each year, but now you're telling me that i'm trying to scam you out of a 5k ZEN pack?

Best part, in most other games there's a history of item shop purchases available to the customer, so that in case something goes wrong, we've a clear proof of what we've bought or not... but for NWO there's nothing... so, i can't even provide any proof for the purchase of the second Order.

Just HAMSTER wonderful...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?