test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jewel of the North Launch Week - General Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report general bugs related to the new module, Jewel of the North, other than Bard or Leveling. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Comments

• cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Inscribed Garment Box (used to have the +exp shirt/pants) can be claimed, but not opened. Error text states I already own all the items. No gear on toon.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Right now every time a character touches Protector Enclave the game crashes and the character is "dead" because it crashes every time I try to log into that character.

Sharandar loaded fine, Velosk was fine and Moonstone Mask loads fine too.

The Protector Enclave loading crash does NOT happen in the Preview server.
    Glory Of Neverwinter can be claimed, but does not open. Fresh out of intro questline. Double clicking does nothing. Right click and open does nothing. Back to Not Being Pleased again.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Protector's garden is once again locked for any visitors.
    OK, I need a dev response on Discord. So, created a new toon. Got just to the point where claims agent is available. I CAN NOT CLAIM another Glory Pack/Recruitment Order. I know for a *fact* that I had several. I took enough whale comments to remember vividly.

So, I can't use it on the toon I claimed it with. The game now thinks I don't have any others, and I'm a little cheesed to have to test with 5k zen items, that are now.. "missing". The whole POINT of the recruitment order was to bypass levelling, some zone grind, etc. Now, I'm stuck with:
    1) Sit around and wait for it to be fixed (loss of playtime, enjoyment, etc)
    2) Go ahead and level the toon (what's the point of the glory pack, then...)
    3) Inscribed Garment box that can't be used - can claim it, can't open it.
    4) As #3, what toons DO have it - it's *useless*. Can't slot chants, has no procs, and is basically pointless in the new level scheme. Why does this item even exist? It's a waste of pixel and bag space.
    5) Missing items that aren't cheap
    6) Claimed items that can't be reclaimed now.

I can be contacted in Discord. @paladinpizza and also in game, same @handle. I need a dev response. I know it's launch day, but these are things that should not have made it through QA. I need a resolution to this, because this is *financial*. I don't' mean to sound.. well, yes, I do. I need to speak with someone.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I remove this and post to the "general bug".
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I can't access the door to Protector's Garden again.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    All my Maze engine currency just vanished. Before I had a lot of Tales of the adventure and alliance supplies and now they have vanished from my inventory. They aren't in the obsolete currency part of the currency tab and they can't be exchanged at the antiquities vendor.
    You cant interact with a lot of the merchants on the market in PE anymore. For example the armor merchant or the Weapon merchant. The only ones that are working are the Professions supplier, the potion merchant, the battle potion merchant, both seal traders and the neverember incentive trader.
    Ok this is probably not a bug but a small oversight. If you've already used all the invocations of the day you can't complete the mission where you have to learn how to invoke and have to wait until the next day.
    edited July 2021
    From the other bug thread:
    @nitocris83
    So, created a new toon. Got just to the point where claims agent is available. I CAN NOT CLAIM another Glory Pack/Recruitment Order. I know for a *fact* that I had several. I took enough whale comments to remember vividly, when I purchased them when they were first released. Pack was able to be claimed, but cannot be "opened" - either by double click, or right click/open menu. Same applies with Inscribed Garment Pack..

So, I can't use it on the toon I claimed it with. The game now thinks I don't have any others, and I'm a little cheesed to have to test with 5k zen items, that are now.. "missing". The whole POINT of the recruitment order was to bypass levelling, some zone grind, etc. Now, I'm stuck with:
    1) Sit around and wait for it to be fixed (loss of playtime, enjoyment, etc)
    2) Go ahead and level the toon (what's the point of the glory pack, then...)
    3) Inscribed Garment box that can't be used - can claim it, can't open it.
    4) As #3, what toons DO have it - it's *useless*. Can't slot chants, has no procs, and is basically pointless in the new level scheme. Why does this item even exist? It's a waste of pixel and bag space.
    5) Missing items that aren't cheap
    6) Claimed items that can't be reclaimed now.

I have put in a *substantial* amount of time on Preview playtesting bard, breaking it down for my guild, and had everything prepped for a great Day 1 experience - gear ready to equip, mounts, etc. Now, it's all for naught, and I am unable to use or claim items I invested RL dollars in. And I don't have a lot of hope for a CS ticket, as most things historical can't seem to be viewed, etc.

Edit - additional info: Inscribed pack gives me "You already have all these items" error return, even on a freshie toon. No error or action at all on Glory pack.

Edit 2 - Even more shenanigans... the Inscribed Shirt/Pants that I already had on multiple toons.. with chants slotted.. the chants are gone. Poof. Disappeared utterly. (edited because.. well, again.. sometimes sleep deprivation makes Cthon make mistakes.. However, if they're gonna take away the main reason for buying these, how about instead they GIVE US a slot we can put something in, or something to compensate. Otherwise, these have a usefulness of about.. 1 day..)

Submitted Ticket #558475
    Post edited by cthon on
    Created a bard and although Protector didn't crashed for it, Missing Doomsguide mission crashed when I walked into the location named "The Soldier's Memorial", and it keeps crashing, so bard character is "dead" too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    pitshade said:

I can't access the door to Protector's Garden again.

Same. I just heard some people saying this in Zone chat and went to check and yup, locked out. Again.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • edward45#3315 edward45 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Everytime I try to go to Protector Enclave the game crash.
    Also all my characters are in Protector Enclave, I can't enter the game with either of them.
    Post edited by edward45#3315 on
    I think my Reanimated Destrier (dead horse) is bugged. When I mount it it now rears up and whinnies (besides making the usual special unique whinnie-ng scream when the cloud appears) and I know it must be a bug because there was nothing wrong with it before and why would they change it for no reason and also now make two whinnies which are different to each other. Also it looks like I'm trying to get attention by rearing up by hitting the space bar. I'm sure it's bugged because surely they have better things to do than change something which was perfectly fine to begin with and make it make no sense by giving it two voices. Fix it please.
    Bounty Bags (Ashmodai, etc) give messages of "You already have all the items" and won't open.
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    People are leaving Iinfernal Citadel on new RADQ leaving it BUGGED and impossible to finish. (skip to 1:17)

https://youtu.be/3Ig73rBErQk?t=79
  • abuzittinreyizabuzittinreyiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Quest: Artifacts and Insignias
    Level: 17
    The issue: When you discard the insignia that is given to you by the quest, there is no way of completing it. And since you can not abort the quest, your bard will be stuck at level 17 forever @nitocris83
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Companions from the recent legendary account wide companion pack have all now switched to being bound to account.
  • dazdranagon88#4986 dazdranagon88 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Hello. When buying equipment in the Protectorate from the seller for the seal currency (for another class), the equipment is tied to the character, and not to the account as it should. Thus, it cannot be transferred to another class.
    English is not my native language. I apologize for the inaccuracies.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

Hello. When buying equipment in the Protectorate from the seller for the seal currency (for another class), the equipment is tied to the character, and not to the account as it should. Thus, it cannot be transferred to another class.
    English is not my native language. I apologize for the inaccuracies.

This is for the Adventurer Seals. The epic seals seem fine.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • aaniamen#8481 aaniamen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    With Mod 21 going live I cant access the Summer companions ( Drizzt, Breunor Wulfgar Regis Cattie etc...)
    I purchased this month now. They aren't available on the Gift merchant where the Account based mounts are.
    They where there as of 2am PST this morning when i checked.
    edited July 2021
    Seems to be an issue with dodging, it is not instant like it has always been and now has some kind of 1 second or so delay but not always, just a lot. You hit shift and W and you stand still for long enough to not move and get hit or knocked when you had plenty of time to get out of the way. A couple of times I held down shift + W and only started to run for a few steps with no dodge then dodged in a delayed fashion, most times though I just don't move/run and remain in the same spot and there is a delay before you actually do dodge. Class here is Cleric on heal build.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Seal Merchant in Adventurers new hangout offers “The Wanderers Orb” —- cept it’s a Book, instead.

Now would be a good time to change it to the graphics of the Unicorn Orb. (Was the only large orb in the game and it went away many years ago. Should still be in the program tho)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Renegade Drow Pack - Reclaimable
    One of the items within the pack - Greycloaks legacy - requires Bard items in order to open.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    If you discard wooden insignia can't get a new one and complete the new Artifacts and Insignia quest. Cant drop quest to re-start either.

Same thing with etched glass enchantment and how enchanting quest
This discussion has been closed.