test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP, toon slot, and other tokens.

Not sure if this is the place to write this, but I think a good idea would be tokens for lets say VIP. Instead of buying VIP, you could buy VIP token, which WOULD NOT be bound to your char or account. This way you could sell them on AH, and players who don't want to pay IRL money can obtain VIP, just using in game currency. It would mean that players wouldn't have to wait the AD to ZEN exchange (Last I looked it was about 6 month wait time). The prices of these tokens on AH would adjust themselves in time. I believe this would make game much more enjoyable for players that are unable or dont want to pay IRL money, while the company still would get the profits. The same goes for char slots, a token you can buy from ZEN store and then sell on AH.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    It is a good idea for players. It is a bad idea for the Cryptic. They want your money. If you want VIP, it is either you use your money or wait for the Zax and get the Zen. Bottom line, money. There is no incentive for them to spend effort/resource to help you not spending money. They hope you cannot wait and spend money.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    lostinecstasy#6749 lostinecstasy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    That yes, but the thing would be, someone would still need to spend money , because those tokens wouldn't just appear out of nowhere, plus, it would even increase the ZEN bought, because these tokens would be a better way to turn your ZEN into AD ( both faster and more profitable), so in the end, the Company would be making even more profits. I would see this as a win - win., both for Cryptic and players.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2021

That yes, but the thing would be, someone would still need to spend money , because those tokens wouldn't just appear out of nowhere, plus, it would even increase the ZEN bought, because these tokens would be a better way to turn your ZEN into AD ( both faster and more profitable), so in the end, the Company would be making even more profits. I would see this as a win - win., both for Cryptic and players.

If they think that way, they would have done that long time ago. They specifically allow certain Zen items to be sold and some aren't. They can easily do it if they want to.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***