test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMFG You're adding movement speed BACK into the game?

2»

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

Elite Whaleboy
    I can keep going if you want @blargskull
    Elite Whaleboy
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Well, if you're one of the "we" you're speaking of, slow your HAMSTER down and stay with the party. Don't expect them to keep up.

It might be a bigger problem if the entire party including tank/heal have monster speed and you are the newbie that is unable to keep up.

Equpping speed in the utility slots and from guild boons *will* reduce your combat power somewhat. But at least for scaled dungeons that doesn't matter much. Scaled dungeons are fairly easy anyways and people likely will prioritize faster runspeeds.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I don't think as many people will be using Azures for movement as the amount of people who use Darks for movement. A vast majority will still be using Forte, or in some cases incoming healing. But those who love to move fast now have more options to do so. The game is also in a state where those that move ahead of the party (aside from tanks) will be paying a much steeper HP cost than before.

I'll just leave this last screenshot here :)
    Elite Whaleboy

Last one, I promise
    Elite Whaleboy
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Mr. Arkhaium, sorry if you misunderstood my post. Did I attack you or post somewhere on this forum?

I have a nephew who plays games on PS5 and XB1. Neverwinter is not on his playlist, he tends to play those war games Call of Duty and Tom Clancy genre. I have some moderate understanding of the console players. This is the forum topic for PC, I wanted this community to understand why they might be uninformed, but at the same time, it is not this community's responsibility to keep everyone informed. Many people who use consoles to play games are not here on the forums. As for my nephew, he doesn't own a PC, just the 2 consoles and uses his phone as a PC social media center. A whole mess of users came in here and laughed (LOL) at the original post, your name is there, then below you attacked him, calling him stupid and clueless. I am simply pointing out all people have different lifestyles and there is no need to be spiteful toward them.
    wilbur626 said:

Toons can easily get to 160+ % movement speed with this change, meaning that they can in fact move faster than any mount.

I only play test here and I don't get into all the meat and potatoes of this game's secondary mechanics. I only have 3 slots on the pathetic characters I use to play test. From what Arkhaium and others have stated, there are other areas (forte being one of them) to invest your stats. As long as your character can make it through current content, why speed boosting is so important to others escapes me. I suppose it is to avoid buying the mounts.

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    wilbur626 said:

Just killing time...
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Last one, I promise

Dwarf goes brrrrrrrr
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

You're so easy.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I don't think as many people will be using Azures for movement as the amount of people who use Darks for movement. A vast majority will still be using Forte, or in some cases incoming healing. But those who love to move fast now have more options to do so. The game is also in a state where those that move ahead of the party (aside from tanks) will be paying a much steeper HP cost than before.

That's assuming you are building your character to run dungeons. I rarely do that now - the harder dungeons are full of toxic players being HAMSTER, and the easier ones offer pathetically weak rewards that do not reflect the value of the time commitment needed to complete them.

I can see a lot of upside to having a faster toon for things like professions (mat collections), running through campaign content, guild events, etc.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

That's assuming you are building your character to run dungeons. I rarely do that now - the harder dungeons are full of toxic players being HAMSTER, and the easier ones offer pathetically weak rewards that do not reflect the value of the time commitment needed to complete them.

I can see a lot of upside to having a faster toon for things like professions (mat collections), running through campaign content, guild events, etc.
    Oh for sure, ultimately that's a good thing though; providing us with options for builds.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Luckily all my toons have rank 10 Brutal Enchantments so all toons will be a little bit faster except for my main healer type that has all rank 15 Darks. But that is OK I have never worried about being able to keep up with the rest of the group with her.
  • ovacomerovacomer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Change is good.....stop whining!