test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter pvp improvemnts

xartan1xartan1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi all,

I'm Xartan Tha Great, one of those OG PVP players. I've been playing Neverwinter since 2013 and it's my favorite game of all time. I miss the old days and the old PVP queue when it was possible to queue with friends. I believe PVP is the ultimate endgame activity and will help to keep some players busy once they've attained best gear. In order to make PVP as good as it was some changes have to be made. I also have a PVE-related post in the right section of this forum, and you're all welcome to go read it.

I would like to see more PVP incentives. Players should be able to gain rewards for PVP. Just like with random dungeons and trials, PVP should give small amount of rough astral diamonds. There have to be two leaderboards with their own rewards. One for normal Domination queue and another for solo queue. The solo queue system was fine with the season reset, but also in need to be tuned. To avoid PVP farming exploits and abuse, I would put a limit to how many tokens each account could gain per season. So you couldn't participate with 10-50 characters and have the reward for each of them. But why two leaderboards? To give the possibility for people to queue with their friends for pvp and to have more rewards. Also it will bring back premades for 5vs5 and 10vs10.

It would be nice to have work put into class balance. This is not the main reason for why PVP is dead, but it could help. Here is what I believe is the minimum. I know Fighters and Wizards need nerfs. Please no complete reworks or big investments of energy. For Fighters, the stamina for Dreadnought have to be reduced some. I would see a need to have Shield Slam's magnitude and control reduced as well. For Wizard, all control bonuses need to be tuned down. If we talk about buffs, Rogues and Tanks need some love. Rogues need their single-target encounter and dailies' magnitude increased a bit in order to match Rangers' damage. PVE and PVP, those two classes should be on the same level. Paladins, Fighters, and Barbarians also require some increases in skill magnitudes. This would help with the threat meter in PVE and make them more valuable in PVP. Sadly, right now it's really a disadvantage to have a tank in your party for PVP.

Thx all!
Xartan Tha Great

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    If PVP rewarded rough AD, would have to be only on wins, otherwise we will get lots of AFKing from PVE farmers.

I forgot to even mention my own class in my own adjustments thread, this is what I added today:
    "Rogue's issue right now is it is the lowest sustain class in a world where classes with high sustain are what actually wins games, WK has even worse sustain/consistency than assassin does but it does have really high dps per rotation. What both rogue paragons need is one of 2 options:
    Option 1 would be to improve rogue's sustain/consistency, the best way to accomplish that would be to make it so rogue no longer loses stealth regeneration progress when taking damage, our stealth meter progress visibly jumps down when we get hit still, it isn't just slowed.
    Option 2 would be to increase rogue's encounter and at will dps to point where they no longer are dependent on 3k damage mounts."

I like the 2 separate leaderboards suggestion and I've supported it before, solo que does need a separate leaderboard from the premade allowing regular dom que if both of these ques are to remain in the game.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • jabberghast#1974 jabberghast Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Another request: Can you fix the exploit that you take more damage on a deflect if your enemies accuracy exceeds your deflect severity?
    We're basically getting punished for deflecting incomming hits and with some classe's forte giving deflect chance, there's no way to play around that issue.

Thank you

Btw. arbiter has less sustain than rogue if tournament rules are applied (banned HG/Bastion). Rogue at least has sustain through stealth. Still rogue needs a little buff in sustain, your proposal should do the trick.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't buff rogue's dmg or it will one-shot-out-of-nowhere again and nobody wants to deal with that again.
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Barbarian needs way more stamina re gen in domination and should do more burst damage then a fighter with a shield.. Which makes no sense as it is.

Deflect needs to be fixed.

Rogue encounters need a buff slightly.

All companion bonuses (item level included) should be removed from all pvp once you are flagged up or in a pvp match.

Mount abilities are to strong in pvp especially tunnel vision.

We need a different game mode to play id like to try 2v2s or 3v3 deathmatch. That could be interesting.
  • jabberghast#1974 jabberghast Member Posts: 27 Arc User

We need a different game mode to play id like to try 2v2s or 3v3 deathmatch. That could be interesting.

Yes it would be. But usually deathmatches in a MMO-setting results in a broken-class-fiesta. It's like chicken-PvP, at the start everybody is interested and playing it a lot, but when you only see the 2/3 best performing classes doing well in that game-mode, players start leaving that game-mode alone and then the ressources in developing that game-mode are basically wasted. Which is why you rarely see deathmatches in MMOs. Maybe it could work as a limited-time-event.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

Another request: Can you fix the exploit that you take more damage on a deflect if your enemies accuracy exceeds your deflect severity?
    We're basically getting punished for deflecting incomming hits and with some classe's forte giving deflect chance, there's no way to play around that issue.

Thank you

Btw. arbiter has less sustain than rogue if tournament rules are applied (banned HG/Bastion). Rogue at least has sustain through stealth. Still rogue needs a little buff in sustain, your proposal should do the trick.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't buff rogue's dmg or it will one-shot-out-of-nowhere again and nobody wants to deal with that again.

That deflect/accuracy issue should get fixed, but to fix it will require devs to change other variables too most likely. Otherwise the result is players will be even tankyer than they already are.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC