test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMFG You're adding movement speed BACK into the game?

Why the HAMSTER would you do that? It was taken out FOR A REASON.

Do you know why people keep leaving this game? It's because you don't fix bugs and YOU KEEP MAKING THE SAME STUPID MISTAKES OVER AND OVER.

You just put months of work into making a "new player" friendly into and now you're going to totally HAMSTER them and all your work over by adding movement speed to azure enchants? Every veteran player is going to move away from using darks in utility to using azures in utility because who the hell wouldn't trade 1% power/defense for 25% movement speed. New players aren't going to be able to keep up with us in dungeons - again. Will be stuck walking behind us just picking up treasure - again. Will not stay playing a boring-as-hell game because they can't do anything in dungeons - again.

You need to change azures before this stupid idea goes live and stop making the same mistakes over and over and over.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Well, if you're one of the "we" you're speaking of, slow your HAMSTER down and stay with the party. Don't expect them to keep up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I just want to know if a character can move faster than a mount like "the extreme movement" before.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Well, if you're one of the "we" you're speaking of, slow your HAMSTER down and stay with the party. Don't expect them to keep up.

Although a bit colorful, OP isn't wrong.

As to your comment, why would I intentionally nerf my character because the devs have, once again, proven that they don't think things through and actually do math before they do things?

Darks are going to be dead, azures are going to be in everyone's utility slots. OP is correct, movement speed is detrimental to the game, unfortunately, as I would love to have my characters zooming around again. Except, of course, in VoS, where they have the 'stay by the light' part to artificially make the dungeon longer.

They should probably not add movement speed and make it outgoing healing for the guild boon and azures, instead.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Its prolly more of a "hmmm what the HAMSTER how can we not make the boons and the enchs a loss so they wont rage at us"
    - bye bye -
    Since I have more high end Azure than Dark in my toons (for their XP loadout) and in addition I like movement, I like this change. Not so much of losing XP though. Oh well!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Since I have more high end Azure than Dark in my toons (for their XP loadout) and in addition I like movement, I like this change. Not so much of losing XP though. Oh well!

I agree that it would be cool for us, but it isn't a very good idea for the game. It's actually a pretty bad idea.

I'd much rather see Outgoing Healing since it'll give healers an option and not destroy the new players.
  • thorncrusher#1297 thorncrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    If they put this stupid change in do we get to turn in our darks like we did radiants? It's the same thing since everyone uses darks and now noone will be.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> clueless changes

Although a bit colorful, OP isn't wrong.

As to your comment, why would I intentionally nerf my character because the devs have, once again, proven that they don't think things through and actually do math before they do things?

Because you're in group content and there are 4 other people to consider before yourself?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    For me, movement is about the quickness during fight and not much about travelling.
    > @greywynd said:
    > Because you're in group content and there are 4 other people to consider before yourself?

Have you played this game? Lol
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2021

> @greywynd said:
    > Because you're in group content and there are 4 other people to consider before yourself?

Depends on who you play it with, there is whole guilds and alliances dedicated to caring about who you spend your time with.
    No offense, just saying that we all play it differently...
    - bye bye -

> @greywynd said:

Depends on who you play it with, there is whole guilds and alliances dedicated to caring about who you spend your time with.
    No offense, just saying that we all play it differently...
    Exactly what I was saying. No reason for anyone to tell anyone else how to play the game.

It's on the devs to not put things into the game that hurt it.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Its great that they are actually trying to make the game fun again. Speed us fun. Oh, and a newsflash, the vets are already speeding ahead of the new players regardless of speed.

It's on the devs to not put things into the game that hurt it.

You must be new here.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Whenever I see posts such as Thorncrusher's here, I have to ask myself, "Where have you been hiding?". This is obviously someone who made an alternate forum account, to avoid being called out in the game by what they said in the forums. The very first thing I look at is the user activity. They joined up in February of this year to rant about Why do you hate tanks? a closed thread they created and commented in twice, 50% of their postings. The other topic created was an XB1 bug, this would explain why they are not well informed and coming in here the last minute, last hour, of the new module release. No one hates on XB1 players here.

To Mr. Thorncrusher, the users here cannot help you keep yourself well informed as to the changes on going with the game. Well over 98% of the changes are done and available on preview. I don't know if you lack access to a PC, but a very small sample of people do any open beta testing. Preview of this module 21, shows a whole new game and speed is just one of the many change in this new version of Neverwinter Online.

We can tell you the speed boost is not linked to the same enchantments as before. This doesn't change the fact that people will drop a bundle or grind to get back their "turbo boost" back. This community also knows the developers seldom comment here, kind of like lightning strikes, they are very aloof. I am amazed at the vast new changes to this game and few reversals they have chosen to do. That is not saying they made correct or good decisions.

@jules#6770 and @greywynd As for all the censored comments and colored commentary, Mr. Thorncrusher sounds just like my wife in that respect. Wendy can walk into a bar, five minutes later, all the sailors come out holding their ears. She somewhat practiced self control on these forums.

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    This topic goes back to the way that things have been deleted from the game only because some players did the wrong thing, some people then moaning incessantly that it was unfair so it was blanket-removed to appease them and the majority of the playerbase then suffered for no reason.

Movement speed for the record was an extremely good stat. Just because it meant you could run faster than some other people who did not currently have the same level of that stat (true for most stats really when you think about it, everyone has the ability to get the same level of certain stats as others if they so choose to, it's not some special magic only certain players can have) and that some people were simply selfish procks who didn't care about their teammates in PUG groups and could not control themselves and act as a team and stay with the effing team to fight together and instead got-off on being heroes who thought they should show-off and kill everything on their own and run ahead leaving lower level players to run along picking up treasure and little else, was a ridiculous reason to take it out. Would have been better to just think of ways to publicly shame those players who did the wrong thing by others and abused the speed rather than removing the speed and penalizing everyone else.

My second main ever was a GWF who I played for several years and speed was everything in my playstyle, and at least at that point in time (not sure about how it will be when it comes back) not only did movement speed increase the speed at which you ran along the ground but it also increased the speed you did everything else which made your at-wills and animations go off slightly faster. It affected ALL movement. I didn't realize it to begin with as I was adding it slowly over an extended period of time, but at one point when they increased the game from max lvl 60 to max lvl 70 I had need to suddenly take out all my darks and put in all azures instead to increase the XP and get to 70 asap and with this removal of the darks it was suddenly like fighting under water or in treacle compared to what I was used to. At-wills and other animations seemed to be slower and more labored compared to what I was used to. At first I thought it was just my imagination but it sure felt slower and like I was fighting underwater which was the way I described it at the time. I forgot about it and kept going and kind of got used to it a bit and stopped noticing, I reached lvl 70, immediately put all my darks back in and whoosh whoosh whoosh, fighting (not just running) was back to what I knew as normal again and I knew I was correct because the difference to me was kind of clear between having them in and having them out.

I actually never got max ranking darks in all of my utility slots though most of them were getting quite high, because at some point I got so much running speed that I was constantly over-shooting my mark as I would be dashing around everywhere and placing myself in exactly the spots I wanted to be very fast, hitting a bunch of mobs then dashing through them and doing an instant 180 degree turn and hitting from behind, rinse and repeat, but to do that I had to be close to them as a GWF to get the hits in so it was pointless if I went too far away from them and I had to be precise in where I stopped. I found after a certain point I was going so fast I was going past the point I wanted to stop and could not stop properly and was over-shooting all the time and having to correct my position where before it had been perfect for me, so I even removed one dark to one rank lower and stopped at that because I found the perfect amount to get where I needed as fast as possible but without over-shooting. Too much of a good thing is indeed possible and I found that out, but I was able to control it to the nth degree and stop where I needed to by adjusting the stat up or down, that to me is what a game should be - customizable to your specific needs.

But on the comment of outgoing healing, being a Cleric healer today I agree we need that stat boost from more things, it's currently too scarce a stat with too few source options, and when I read @maxzius#3795 say they'd rather outgoing healing instead of movement speed I wasn't mad at the notion even though movement as a stat is so awesome and useful and I'm so happy to hear it's coming back in whatever form. When they took it out I was very upset because it damaged the game imo. I don't know why they can't introduce a new enchant which has outgoing healing plus some other garbage on it and then we could have both.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Why the HAMSTER would you do that? It was taken out FOR A REASON.

Do you know why people keep leaving this game? It's because you don't fix bugs and YOU KEEP MAKING THE SAME STUPID MISTAKES OVER AND OVER.

Yeah, the change is coming in, like, 3 days. It's a little too late to campaign for removal at this point.

But you can always wail and gnash your teeth here in the forums if that helps - it's what we all do, mostly.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I went back into Preview to have a look. My base movement boost was +3% from my Dexterity. I unequipped everything to make certain. Then I bought some rank 12 azure and was able to only raise my movement boost to +13%. These are limited by the utility slots in your gear. This means you cannot outrun horses, it means whatever distance you can cover in 60 seconds, you can do in 54 seconds. Not that big of a factor when the dungeons and maps are small. I imagine players will crank up the dexterity and grab rank 15 azures to put in as many utility slots they can hold. Should someone manage to boost to +20%, it would still be small benefit to them. I would think recharging would be a lot more important in combat than who can retreat the fastest.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There is also a trade off between the Darks and Azures. Slotting all utilities for pure speed would mean a drop in Forte, reducing the effectiveness of the character.

I for one will aim at putting in one high ranked Azure plus the guild boon for my main characters, the rest of the slots will keep the Darks.

As I mostly run healer or tank in group content, anyone outrunning me into mobs with a full set of azures is welcome to do just that :)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @hotfrostworm said:
    > I went back into Preview to have a look. My base movement boost was +3% from my Dexterity. I unequipped everything to make certain. Then I bought some rank 12 azure and was able to only raise my movement boost to +13%. These are limited by the utility slots in your gear. This means you cannot outrun horses, it means whatever distance you can cover in 60 seconds, you can do in 54 seconds. Not that big of a factor when the dungeons and maps are small. I imagine players will crank up the dexterity and grab rank 15 azures to put in as many utility slots they can hold. Should someone manage to boost to +20%, it would still be small benefit to them. I would think recharging would be a lot more important in combat than who can retreat the fastest.

Toons can easily get to 160+ % movement speed with this change, meaning that they can in fact move faster than any mount.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

> @hotfrostworm said:
    > I went back into Preview to have a look. My base movement boost was +3% from my Dexterity. I unequipped everything to make certain. Then I bought some rank 12 azure and was able to only raise my movement boost to +13%. These are limited by the utility slots in your gear. This means you cannot outrun horses, it means whatever distance you can cover in 60 seconds, you can do in 54 seconds. Not that big of a factor when the dungeons and maps are small. I imagine players will crank up the dexterity and grab rank 15 azures to put in as many utility slots they can hold. Should someone manage to boost to +20%, it would still be small benefit to them. I would think recharging would be a lot more important in combat than who can retreat the fastest.

Toons can easily get to 160+ % movement speed with this change, meaning that they can in fact move faster than any mount.

Can't wait to see the videos on that. Halfling TRs outrunning t-rexs, giant snails and floating stock pots.
    edited July 2021
    wilbur626 said:

> @hotfrostworm said:

Just for the heck of it, I checked my Barbarian in Preview. He is a half-orc. He was not 'modified' for preview and he is a pretty old copy of my Barabarian and has item level of 29757.

Without putting any Azure to utility, he has +43.5% movement in which Ability scores is +6%, Buffs +25% and Bonus +12.5%.
    I don't know where the movement Buff and Bonus came from. So, I assume if I put 6 Azure to utility slots (with Markos' ring), he can be +73.5%.

However, mount speed Gallop is +140%. My +43.5% movement barbarian is noticeable slower than Gallop speed mount and slightly slower than Trot speed (+50%) mount. Yes, I did check to make sure.

If you can make the character to have +160% mount speed, please teach us.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    I really dont care about movement speed and thats a fact :expressionless:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcdZVSbGzww
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    If you use dominance insignias and intend to upgrade them to mythical, you will probably have to switch to azure, as you will have a lot of % power via STRONG. Now just wait for the scenes in the next chapter.

If memory serves me correctly, when they removed the dark enchant move we all switched to tactical which gave 5% incoming healing which then turned to 3% and then turned into what it is today. And if I'm not mistaken the dark also went through this process. That said, do you really believe it's going to stay 5% for a long time? Lol

• thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    So… what’s the run speed on mythic collars and the mythic runspeed equip power on mounts?

5% on a rank 15 doesn’t make sense to me.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    @wilbur626 how did you make +160% movement? Show me the money!!

Just killing time...
    edited July 2021
    > @blargskull said:
    > @wilbur626 how did you make +160% movement? Show me the money!!

5x azures, guild boon, campaign boon, scroll of fate, lightwine, masterwork neck/belt, mount equip power, Max DEX, into the Fray, Momentum feat (Fighter Dreadnaught feat), Greater Endurance (Fighter feat), 2x Gladiators Guile. Movement collar, Electrum Ring of the Herald.

I think I stopped trying at 169,7% movement.

Edit : I checked again, and my numbers were a bit low
    Elite Whaleboy

Elite Whaleboy

Elite Whaleboy