test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cradle of the Death God... Atropal out of circle

lissblissb Member Posts: 18 Arc User
So, this is a first, but I was just in a Cradle run where Atropal simply teleported out of its "cradle" after one of those "push n pull" mechanics. We had Acerak's intermission, then the push n pull, and after that Atropal just disappeared from the center of the ring and reappeared outside.
unknown
unknown-1

Pictures aren't good because it's hard to focus when a baby god is going berserker at you.
Anyone seen this before?

Comments

• oberonsghostoberonsghost Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I've also noticed recently the baby at random doesn't sink before the push pull mechanic.
    I take it it's a new feature to make it more challenging.
    Which is ok for the ranged dps who can stand back but for tanks and melee it sucks them in which really blows.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I was streaming to my channel and noticed this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN6ojGQiEoM

Look between 16:35 and 16:41. Also, the directions of pull/push are reversed !!!
    2fv72Fw.png
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Something similar happened in mod 14 with one of the Barovian hunt helmets. Either the one that pulled mobs or repelled them and the death baby wasn't immune until a patch was applied.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    When you hit/kill enemies now in many levels they pull towards you when they die (where previously they were pushed away). It's hilarious in some areas.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    I've seen this happen twice, so far ...
  • lissblissb Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    exgardian said:

I was streaming to my channel and noticed this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN6ojGQiEoM

Look between 16:35 and 16:41. Also, the directions of pull/push are reversed !!!

That's exactly what happened to me, too.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    The magic wand that has several buffs (not cataloged by the way) in the campaign store of module 15 "AI" also makes this happen.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Babies are hard to wrangle! I'll check with the rest of the team on this :)
  • lissblissb Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Babies are hard to wrangle! I'll check with the rest of the team on this :)

Thank you so much! <3
  • lassorlassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 60 Cryptic Developer
    I've been looking into this and the issue is almost certainly a knockback that is ignoring the CC immunity of the Atropal. I've already found and fixed three cases where this was a possibility with an item power and two companion powers, however I'm not convinced I found whatever was the culprit of the push in the video provided, considering how far away the Atropal was relocated.

Based on positioning, I'm fairly certain it was either the player Lunatic Queen or SuperSteve that pushed the Atropal. SuperSteve seemed to just be using his Barbarian powers so it most likely wasn't him. I can't quite make out the details of what Lunatic Queen was doing at that moment, but if anyone can identify what she might have used then that's likely the culprit.
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I think the problem isn't in CC, because the boss in the video instantly teleported a long distance, while all CC moves enemies gradually. The movement of the boss resembles the NPC teleportation, which they use to escape a collision. Here is a video with example:

https://youtu.be/TxzY2yZyHys

Maybe some companions or summons pushed boss? Or maybe in some cases boss trying to move? I tried to repeat this bug in different cases, but nothing happened, I can't understand this bug.
  • lassorlassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 60 Cryptic Developer
    The Atropal does not have the means to relocate itself. In the video provided the Atropal gets pushed on three occasions but it might appear to look like it teleported due to the frame rate on the video and the large size of the boss.

I've fixed two instances of powers that were capable of pushing the Atropal that will be detailed in the patch notes for the build those changes get picked up on. I'm not confident I've found the source of the push that was shown on the video but fingers crossed. If anyone experiences the Atropal getting pushed around after my fixes go live then please respond to the thread. If we end up needing to revisit this then any information or guesses on what might be causing the push would help immensely, otherwise I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Why can't you just code the Atropal so it can only exist in a set area on the map under any circumstances and is incapable of moving elsewhere past this boundary and have this command override any control effects?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Bug isn't fixed, it happened with me yesterday. I'll try to find a way to reproduce it.