test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Noob question

kelryonlorkelryonlor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
So i was with a friend and we are both new to the game. We were going through beginner missions and we both hit lvl 16 and the the quest The Cloak Tower. Pretty much the first "party" quest you get to it seems. So we work our way to the tower. I hit lvl 17 on the way. He is 16. It makes me start up a queue. From there we get two more 16s in our group. After a few minutes a lvl38 shows up and we go in. It was nearly impossible to get thru. That quest was at least 20x harder than anything up at that point and we never even got all the way thru it. We got to the final boss and just kept dying. He could one hit most of us as soon as we would port in. So my question is were we in a much harder quest because the 38 joined us ? If it always that hard why is it so much harder than everything else around it ? Its a huge turn off for new players. I love a good tough dungeon But not losing the entire party over and over again except for the 38 as soon as we port in. Thats just stupid.

Also I was thinking of getting the Catti-Brie companion. Will she unlock for everyone on my account or just the 1 toon ?

Thank you so much for any help.

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    > @kelryonlor said:
    > So i was with a friend and we are both new to the game. We were going through beginner missions and we both hit lvl 16 and the the quest The Cloak Tower. Pretty much the first "party" quest you get to it seems. So we work our way to the tower. I hit lvl 17 on the way. He is 16. It makes me start up a queue. From there we get two more 16s in our group. After a few minutes a lvl38 shows up and we go in. It was nearly impossible to get thru. That quest was at least 20x harder than anything up at that point and we never even got all the way thru it. We got to the final boss and just kept dying. He could one hit most of us as soon as we would port in. So my question is were we in a much harder quest because the 38 joined us ? If it always that hard why is it so much harder than everything else around it ? Its a huge turn off for new players. I love a good tough dungeon But not losing the entire party over and over again except for the 38 as soon as we port in. Thats just stupid.
    >
    > Also I was thinking of getting the Catti-Brie companion. Will she unlock for everyone on my account or just the 1 toon ?
    >
    > Thank you so much for any help.

No...The Cloak Tower quest/dungeon is insanely difficult and, as far as I know, currently broken for the very reason(s) you stated. Don't worry, other dungeons (currently) do not behave like that.

Don't get the Catti-Brie companion. Seriously. She is the worst of the bunch. (She is an account wide unlock so all your toons can claim her.). If you do decide to get one/some of companions of the hall, buy them off the auction house rather than the Zen store.....
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Yea, they've recently done something to the dungeon and now it is very unbalanced and way too hard for what it is supposed to be and mobs kill people very fast. It used to be very easy to run through but they changed the difficulty and have effed-it-up. The final boss fight is ridiculous, there is something wrong with the mobs spawning and they just keep coming in wave after wave every handful of seconds to the point it's hilarious. Broken. I am a lvl 80 cleric and my IL has just passed 50k who does this dungeon as part of my daily random queues often, and I find the mobs go for me and only me almost all the time, they have killed me on several occasions swarming all over me lucky I have my soulforged and lath buff and am good at dodging around, but it is kind of a sick joke, they just keep coming and they ALL follow me around and hit like trucks. It's nothing like it should be for those doing it for the first time. The key to getting it over and done with (and this also applies to some other dungeons in Neverwinter) is trying to ignore the adds and only focusing on killing the boss as fast as you can and just dodging around and avoiding getting hit by the adds while you hit the boss. As soon as she dies, the adds all disappear. If you keep trying to kill adds the boss will just stay alive and more adds keep spawning and it will become impossible. Fortunately if you need to complete this dungeon for achievements or campaigns it comes up all the time in the regular dungeon daily random queue (as opposed to the epic dungeon daily random queue) and you can also elect to do it at any time in a PUG group or private group so if you can't complete it at the current time, you will sooner or later.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's been reported here a few times and had a response too. That was a while ago and nothing changed.

It used to be the easiest dungeon but became insane when they introduced their scaling system at the start of this year.

@nitocris83
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I strip down to my undies to run it as my level 80. That gives me an item level of just above 5000. Being modest I put on a costume, that way I don't look like the Naked Cowboy.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User

So i was with a friend and we are both new to the game. We were going through beginner missions and we both hit lvl 16 and the the quest The Cloak Tower. Pretty much the first "party" quest you get to it seems. So we work our way to the tower. I hit lvl 17 on the way. He is 16. It makes me start up a queue. From there we get two more 16s in our group. After a few minutes a lvl38 shows up and we go in. It was nearly impossible to get thru. That quest was at least 20x harder than anything up at that point and we never even got all the way thru it. We got to the final boss and just kept dying. He could one hit most of us as soon as we would port in. So my question is were we in a much harder quest because the 38 joined us ? If it always that hard why is it so much harder than everything else around it ? Its a huge turn off for new players. I love a good tough dungeon But not losing the entire party over and over again except for the 38 as soon as we port in. Thats just stupid.

Also I was thinking of getting the Catti-Brie companion. Will she unlock for everyone on my account or just the 1 toon ?

Thank you so much for any help.

It's not your fault. That dungeon is super difficult since the 'combat upgrade' and still hasn't been fixed. You'll be fine in other dungeons.

Also, I wouldn't recommend getting Catti. Either buy the whole set of 5 with a 25% coupon or wait for one of the others.
  • kelryonlorkelryonlor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank you all for your responses. Be glad when they fix it. Would love to try again one day.