test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VoS hardcore 1st miniboss bugged by patch

anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
There are 5 times as many quicklings as there were before, and they aggro from beyond the waterfall. So you'll be fighting the 2 corpse flowers and the mobs around them, and suddenly you get 30 quicklings and the miniboss on you. The quicklings then continue to spawn throughout the fight. The lag is also unbearable in this part.

@nitocris83

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Aggroing from beyond the waterfall shouldn't happening.
    On the other hand.. I love the increase of these critters spawning (they go down fast enough with DPS who are using their brains)..
    To avoid this, adjust your positioning, you don't need to fight those spawns from flowers at waterfall area..

Positive thing is that the point's youre making makes it less boring :)

@anna#4890
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I'm sure it's a swell experience... if you do not have the lag. But the 30 or so quicklings made the lag bad enough to prevent our powers from going off reliably. If the point of the patch was to adjust quickling numbers and lag, then it did the exact opposite.

Honestly I do not need to be kept on my toes and re-learn how to play (aspects of) the game every other week just for the sake of 'making it less boring' but maybe that's just me!
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    anna#4890 said:

There are 5 times as many quicklings as there were before, and they aggro from beyond the waterfall. So you'll be fighting the 2 corpse flowers and the mobs around them, and suddenly you get 30 quicklings and the miniboss on you. The quicklings then continue to spawn throughout the fight. The lag is also unbearable in this part.

@nitocris83

ye, there was more, but maybe like 10, but easily doable,

and aggroing form behind waterfall only if u use Wings, they hit stuff way further than they should.
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    @anna We found the same, you didn't even have to be inside the waterfall to agro the quicklings, more quicklings, more lag and our tank, which prior to the patch and a team who knows what to do, had their tank one shot even before the healer could finish healing with intercession. One of our runs had 2 dps stuck outside the waterfall and could even get in to help. Please take it back to the prepatch where there were less quicklings and it was good tank practice for positioning etc.

I thought the hc Vos mini boss modes were a great way to get lower level players to learn it slowly and get some gear drops and was impressed with the idea. Now it is not doable by the lower end qualifiers.
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    It seems that when they code something to a (-) value, they end up fat fingering it to a (+) value instead. Hence the current bug with biltethorn ADDING Movement speed to adds... Oh and also... They're english needs a teeny bit of help. How do you lower a value by a NEGATIVE value?