test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vos HC Band of Air and Ring of Darkness rings bound to character

mez#1836 mez Member Posts: 5 Arc User
New released ring, Band of Air and Ring of Darkness obtained from VoS hardcore, are bound to character although these are basically DPS rings so what about healers and tanks? I'm a healer main and I'm expected to spend hours of my life in a dungeon, trying not to die and keep others alive just so my DPS friends get their rings while I'm gaining nothing.

If they were bound to account that would be a different story, I could just farm them on my healer and later if I end up crafting them, simply give them to my DPS toon. I also have another suggestion if devs are insistent of these rings being bound to character, can we get a legendary ring choice pack at the end of the dungeon? I'm so sick of that RNG and this game just doesn't give me the ring I want. So I don't really mind if those 2 new rings are not useful for me, a healer, but at least if I'm guaranteed that at the end of the dungeon, I will get whatever old ring I choose, I would gladly enter hardcore teams and help DPS to get their new rings.
I mean, with all the RNG going on, don't we deserve a guaranteed ring choice pack after finishing Vos HC?
But the main focus of this discussion is those 2 new rings being unreasonably bound to character (not account) despite healers and tanks hardwork.

Comments

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    These rings are nice for tanks too. You'll generate more aggro and a ability to do more damage in a group of mobs.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • ffullbusterixffullbusterix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes please, make them bound, but to account, not to character... I have a dps and a Tank, i have to run as tank because there aren't a lot of tank that can run this dungeon hardcore easy, so my friends can get the rings... and then I have to do this again with dps? Please!!!
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

Lol.... those rings are totally sh**t for tanks dude... xD

Both of them give u 2500 Comb Adv + 3375 Crit Strike + 3375 Crit Severity.... Crit Strke could be interesting in order to active properly the bonuses from T3 set pants+shirt. So....yep, u get almost 6k useless stats.

Then, the set bonus is huge dmg (useless for tanks) and a accuracy debuff...xD

No way....jajaja... // its like 3737464627822882 times better the condemned (probably it gives u more agro than the dmg from new rings) + an awareness ring. The question is: why are u trying to convince tank to do hundreds and hundreds of this HC runs if the rewards are really bulsh**t for them?

Wow. Another tank expert :D
    Today on hardcore two dps had these rings. And our tank wasn't losing aggro.
    Coincidence? I don't think so :)

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    So you say that on Xbox or somewhere the dps are so awesome that tanks can't keep aggro?
    Well. Or maybe the tanks aren't so good?
    As I understand it, you did not take this into note ?:
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @mushellka Not every tank class has smite that is always ready... Other classes have cooldowns on the aggro powers, so yes, it is easy to lose aggro for roughly 10 secs on various occasions.
    edited July 2021

I am telling you from my own experience.

When everything comes together (Bronz. Frost, dread, Rex, Swarn, Cauldron, Death Scor, Spined / Succubus, Armor Break, Dulled Senses / Vulnerability) it is so painfull maintain agro.

In my case, there are several players that when using all of the above, I always lose it (I don't know if because they have a great build or because they are very good with rotations).

And it's not that I'm a "newbyie" .... I use all the sources of agro generation (when I play with them, of course) ... and nothing.
    If I have to imagine them with a set that allows them to do a proc of .... I don't know, 7-9-10M with a single hit .... at that moment it is literally impossible for us to keep the aggro. (In fact I have already seen images with a proc of 14 million damage).

That's why I say it ... If you say that the tank held it, it is because it did not do enough damage.

But anyway, today this conversation no longer makes sense because the rings have already been nerfed. We'll see how they look at the end.

All right. I don't like to be treated patronized. I'm not writing this to be mean, either. I'm just sticking to the facts. In this run the hits were a bit bigger than those you mentioned, around 8-12kk. Maybe the combat tracker log will convince you then:

tracker
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    > @mushellka said:
    > All right. I don't like to be treated patronized. I'm not writing this to be mean, either. I'm just sticking to the facts. In this run the hits were a bit bigger than those you mentioned, around 8-12k. Maybe the combat tracker log will convince you then:

Out of curiosity, what tank was it?
    A fighter that know what he’s doing should have no problem holding aggro regardless of damage dealt by DPS. Paladin has smite so they are safe aswell. I don’t know how a Sentinel Barbarian would handle this tho.
    Elite Whaleboy
    I don't really play with barbie, so I can't answer that question.
    Good fighters can handle this kind of aggro very well, I know that :)
    But the tank in question is a paladin.
    rikitaki said:

@mushellka Not every tank class has smite that is always ready... Other classes have cooldowns on the aggro powers, so yes, it is easy to lose aggro for roughly 10 secs on various occasions.

Don't forget that for this "always ready to use" you have to pay in divinity, which other classes don't have :)
    edited July 2021

Not that I don't believe it, but I would like to have a video of it to see if it really "maintained" aggro or "insta-recovered" it after those hits.

Still, according to what you wrote later, there was a Vanguard there. That class is the one that is easier to maintain aggro (more aggro generation sources, lower CDs and no dependence on divinity).

I would like to see how a Justicar performs there (although I imagine that in a couple of weeks I will check it out for myself)

mushellka said:

But the tank in question is a paladin.

edit:

That was hardcore. If the tank had lost aggro on the boss for a moment, we would have been done in the same instant.
    Post edited by mushellka on