test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 20 - Tower of the Mad Mage

fachaos42#7919 fachaos42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Since the combat update what's the recommended item level and stats to run it. I play as a dragonborn rogue and my brother plays a human barbarian. Currently he has been having trouble getting players to join a group to take on ToMM. Some people straight up laughed at him for wanting to take ToMM on.

We recently finished Stardock and bought some good equipment from the seal merchant. We'd rather beat Halaster before moving onto Avernus. If it's best to leave ToMM until later, is Undermountain or Halaster mentioned in later campaigns?
Post edited by fachaos42#7919 on
Tagged:

Comments

• bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    As a DPS you should hit about 600k HP, especialy when you don´t know mechanics. Your offenisve stats should be near to 90%
    and it won´t hurt, if you have defensive stats at around 50%. At least defense and awareness. Look for a group that helps learning the mechanics. Your guilde, maybe. You can make the other campaigns first, there is no need to beat Halaster. The Weapons are pretty good, but not BIS anymore. And it is a long way from your first try, to the full Weapon set.

I wish you good luck
  • fachaos42#7919 fachaos42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    That's one of the main problems. No-one in his guild or mine want to run it. I had major issues trying to get help with CR and especially LoMM.

I'll try to get my defensive stats to 50% and offensive to at least 90%. My item level is around 39,300 so getting 600k hp is going to be tricky.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to need all the luck i can get.
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User

That's one of the main problems. No-one in his guild or mine want to run it. I had major issues trying to get help with CR and especially LoMM.

I'll try to get my defensive stats to 50% and offensive to at least 90%. My item level is around 39,300 so getting 600k hp is going to be tricky.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to need all the luck i can get.

So try to raise your IL. Make Avernus, Vallenhas and Sharandar Campaign. You get better gear than you can buy from a seals vendor. Look for the right companions (there are many youtube videos out there, Aragon, Northside, Rainer, GlacticUnderwear...) And maybe, look for a guilde that helps you with those trials and dungeons. Mine is german, so woudn´t help you much. (Because of language). Use guilde search in your options and write massages to the recruiters and ask if they help with dungeons and trials. Almost every guilde is looking for new members...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    With properly balanced stats, you'd be barely scraping in at 40k TIL and you'd need much higher TIL dps to do most of the work (i.e. you'd be carried).

45k is more like it as a minimum and that'd include having a (good) weapon enchantment of at least r12 and a mythic primary companion - preferably all companions where you use their bonuses would be mythic. The same goes for mounts where you use their powers.

You should definitely move on to Avernus at your current stage.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • shadowprince#9366 shadowprince Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    You should progress to Avernus first and bring your ilvl to about 45k to start learning TOMM. I doubt you would survive 3rd phase at that ilvl but u can start learning. Ideally I think min 48k or 49k to do decent in there.