test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make BOUND ACCOUNT the new rings from VoS HC - Band of Air and Ring of Darkness

aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
edited July 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Dear Devs and adventurers!

Today I would like to focus on the new rings from VoS HC.

These rings are bounded to character when you craft them. Personally, i got one of them and i'm a dps, so it's fine. Me and my friend (a DC healer) have tested the ring (with ACT ofc) and it doesn't work on heals. For tanks, in particular Paladins that dont have a DPS paragorn? How can these rings work for them? So, i got one question: Why supports should run this dungeon and mode?

Plus, the drop rate of reagents is really low. I did more than 300, both miniboss farm and full run, and still waitin for the third reagent, and this situation is for all players are farming right now.

My advice is to make these rings and especially the reagents from minibosses "BOUND TO ACCOUNT", at least support classes can obtain a reward from running this dungeon for their DPS classes. (It's the same idea from ToMM and Zariel Master weapons. Lionheart and Celestial are bounded to account, not character, like all vos rings)

Thanks in advance
@noworries#8859
@sgrantdev

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
Official Content Creator
Wizard Reworker
Post edited by aster#8001 on

Comments

• ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    As a support, I might farm it for the accuracy debuff. Did anyone test how big that debuff is?
  • ffullbusterixffullbusterix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes please, make them Bound to Account! I run as a Tank, but i need them on dps...
    I could go as dps, but there aren't enough tank in the game, don't make them become even less...
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    1. You farm countless times the VoS HC reagents that are BoC, with the character A
    2. You finally craft one of these rings with the character A, using BoC reagents
    3. Eventually you will craft the other rings using the same BoC reagents
    4. So, why are there people asking/begging for the rings to be BoA, since the reagents are BoC, dropped to the character A, and not the character B, C, D, or W? Pure nonsense!
    2fv72Fw.png
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Also, I don't need to go to VoS to suffer from a touch of wind...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mr9000rpm#7375 mr9000rpm Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve been hearing stories about dps using these rings and making the tanks life a living heck trying to maintain Aggro. Wouldn’t it be in a tanks best interest to farm these for the sole purpose of holding Aggro? How different is that from the long time tanks have worn manticore bite equip bonus ring or overwhelmed rings for Aggro purposes? I see the benefit in a tank farming these rings those this reason alone. Healers on the other hand..... the well I hope you get the drops you need from the mini bosses :)
  • redsmoke6redsmoke6 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve been hearing stories about dps using these rings and making the tanks life a living heck trying to maintain Aggro. Wouldn’t it be in a tanks best interest to farm these for the sole purpose of holding Aggro? How different is that from the long time tanks have worn manticore bite equip bonus ring or overwhelmed rings for Aggro purposes? I see the benefit in a tank farming these rings those this reason alone. Healers on the other hand..... the well I hope you get the drops you need from the mini bosses :)

How much defensive stats are you willing to lose as a tank by using them?

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Why "only" bound ? Everything should be saleable in this game...
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Apparently Healers and Tanks are supposed to run this out of "Charity". ^_^

Also please explain why you make such vague tooltips! Can we have some actual data not just "damaging them over time" or "additional damage".

Good post.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited July 2021

Also please explain why you make such vague tooltips! Can we have some actual data not just "damaging them over time" or "additional damage".

Good post.
    If they are on your friend list then they are a friend right? Don't friends help friends? If your tank and healing friends won't help you. Then you should forget about e-friends and get some real friends instead.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

I have both rings from tanking, but I'm not supposed(or im asked) to wear in HC VOS, because the DPS die if I dont wear ring that draws threat when i run...so, yes, they might help hold aggro, but only if the tank stops worrying about pulling initial threat with other ring. Most tank abilities also have low magnitude, which is what the ring procs off, so while ring of air does up damage by 15-18%, changing my dps from 15 mil to 18 mil in VOS, doesn't help when people are getting 6 mil procs x9, and then 60 mil hit on final proc.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

Good post.
    If they are on your friend list then they are a friend right? Don't friends help friends? If your tank and healing friends won't help you. Then you should forget about e-friends and get some real friends instead.
    Heh - you be lookin' for an argument which you ain't gonna get.

All content should have rewards for all classes/roles. End of story.

AND also the vague tooltips are a right lollercopter!

Stay safe mate