test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barbarian after combat change

As I'm a little bored and with free time, I decided to create this topic for some reflections I saw regarding the class and how I believe this has affected its performance.

AOE: About this it is necessary to understand how the Overpenatration feat works and how this implies the damage. In my view you need to have the required stats fixed, for you to arrive and have the potential to blow up mobs which makes you delete items with the Escalating Torrent gear buff, as they take some time to activate and with the nerf that it resets after some time even being in combat makes it an item not as encore as many imagine. There are some possibilities to have these stats fixed even with some variables, but they are much better than using the equipment with the mentioned bonus.

AOE x ST: the class different from other DPS classes can only reach the 3 stat cap, this forces you to prioritize what to invest in. In AOE it would be better to focus on the Critical Strike cap so that your "Forte" which is Critical Severity is effective. In the ST build you would focus on Combat Advantage. I believe from what I saw of the new damage formula that there is no longer the same synergy that there was between Critical Severity and Combat Advantage, now this only exists when in CA position. Still on status, would Accuracy be the new Armor Penetration? I think so.

Features and Class Features: Escalating Rage (F), I've tested it, it's interesting but it needs to be improved and currently unusable (congratulations to those who manage to use it, if anyone does!) even if you use Brutal Critical (F) and Impatience ( CF) and Steady Rage (CF). In that same combo would enter the Unstopable Spin. Also in this topic, why are we the only class that requires a status cap like Overpenetration? I don't know of another class that has something similar like in Escalating Rage - If Battlerage ends after Rampage dissipates you will be incapacitated for 3 seconds and unable to take action.

Finally, I would like to mention that the cast time of Indomitable Battle Strike, Frenzy, Axe Storm and especially Avalanche of Steel (I never understood your rework, it was beautiful) are very high. On the first 2, because they don't have a target, it's very easy to not hit any target. Brash Strike has an ugly animation and its backswing (something that exists in Dota2 and I believe it applies here) gets in the way a lot - for those who played at the time of Sure Strike will understand better than I'm trying to demonstrate with words -, it's very similar to from Relentless Slash, but this one is supposed to be in the area and that makes it somewhat acceptable.

Comments

• zakarum#5949 zakarum Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I already thought about testing Escalating Rage but the initial considerations regarding the rotation complication made me abandon the idea. Based on what you wrote I will try to explain my perplexity about Barbarian in these last MOD's.
    AOE: High coldown and high cast time for higher magnitude encounters, I focus on getting the rage bar up faster with Roar and Not So Fast, and since we don't have any "save" buttons, I still use it. bloodletter to last in the field. Personal opinion, I only see competent Barbarian on AOE with a lightning in the slot (we depend on 1 enchantment to do something).
    ST: Here I wonder what you thought when building the class, focused on the use of encounter or at-wills? Only Punishing Charge and Bloodletter have 100% hit chance when used, if you use Frenzy or IBS and your party's Tanker walks with the Boss you just blew the back of his head. IBS and Bloodletter have a CD befitting the magnitude, Frenzy makes up for its 1250, and Punishing Charge? 650 magnitude per 16sec CD (and good luck trying to get the Recharge Speed ​​up) just to activate Trample of the Fallen? I don't even need to say anything about Brash Strike, you said it perfectly.
    OVERPENETRATION: 2 ratings capped for 5% more damage, that's for real. Any barbarian knows the Item Change Odyssey to try and exploit this feat.
    In aoe I have been focusing on Accuracy, and ST in Combt.Adv. All I've heard has been friends telling me to drop out of class, cheers barbarians.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I already thought about testing Escalating Rage but the initial considerations regarding the rotation complication made me abandon the idea. Based on what you wrote I will try to explain my perplexity about Barbarian in these last MOD's.

Escalating Rage has two problems of having archaic programming (that the dev team doesn't know how to/refuses to touch) and not enough reward to offset the risk.

If you get the max Rampage stacks and pop Rage, your Rage will end ~3-4 seconds before the Rage expires.
    And the reason that bug exists is because the GWF's old Unstoppable timer was based on an actual timer and not the amount of Rage in your bar.
    This bug has been reported before, but apart from the usual "circling" from the "Community Manager", nothing has been done to fix it.

Even if the bug is fixed, if you wanted Rage with a 20% damage buff and slower rage generation, you would be better served by purposely picking no last feat to avoid the stun penalty.

I don't know of another class that has something similar like in Escalating Rage - If Battlerage ends after Rampage dissipates you will be incapacitated for 3 seconds and unable to take action.

I actually would not mind (interesting) penalties on feats, provided the reward was just as strong for bearing the risk.

Imagine if Escalating Rage allowed you to cast your encounter powers without cooldown while in Rage, but you were stunned for 1.25 seconds after Rage for each encounter you used while in Rage.
    Also imagine that Rampage would still factor into the feat, except that getting 10 stacks of Rampage would remove the stun penalty from using encounters in Rage.

I would say that the reward of free encounter power uses in exchange for being stunned afterwards is a big enough reward to offset the risk.

If you don't want to take the stun risk, just don't use any encounters while in Rage.
    If you got your 10 stacks of Rampage, go wild on the enemies while using all of your encounters.
    If you can anticipate you have time to get stunned on a mechanic (like getting stunned on a rune on Zariel), you can tailor your number of in-Rage encounter uses to be stunned when mechanics force you to do nothing.