What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M21 General Feedback

124»

Comments

• ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Unable to claim rewards

It appears that all my 100% completed non-leveling adventure rewards can not be claimed.
    The Claim Reward button is constantly on (bottom right of screen), opening it takes me to the "Adventures" page. Going into any adventure that's complete shows no claimable button for the rewards. The rewards for each are displayed, along with each story progress being "ticked".

Edit: Appears ot be an issue with older transfer. A fresh transfer appears to work.

• werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    It seems that for the moment, we have a new Bard class, revised tutorial, rework of campaigns turned into Adventures, and characters will be now capped at level 20 (which will imply some new adjustements to the damage or damage resistance of mobs/bosses/mechanics. It is a pity because apart of some mobs like archers who are hitting too hard, or Castle Never Orcus that is really too weak, the current balance is pretty much fine).

I like the new beginner gear that will be given to the players, and I also like the new trade of blades but it will not change the routine experience of current players.
    I am questionning the lack of actual contents. For several months, we have been doing the Sharandar campaign (btw thank you for the interim rewards of the campaign) with all those repeteable quests and HEs in order to unlock Vault of stars and in order to get some companion gear. Nothing exciting but we had to do it, or else we could still farm lures in Avernus.
    But as usual and sadly, only endgame or nearly endgame players can grind VoS or any last dungeon/trial, so there is nothing else to do for the other players (and the older dungeons are not attractive because they do not contain any updated interesting gear/item on top of not giving good reward) and I am afraid it will worsen if you remove too much older contents.

We need better incentives to farm like a progress bar that would unlock some new rewards in the campaign stores (or enabling to buy things when RNG is hostile), or some kind of other gear/pet/whatever when doing the zone contents.
    Also older dungeons/trials could drop some revised items, and I hope it is part of your plan??

Is there at least a story to back up M21 and keep people entertained? I loved Chult for this aspect. A too much delayed trial (that again is likely to benefit only to endgame players) will demotivate players. It has already been said again and again but we need more dungeons/trials for everybody, especially when the campaign zone is not rewarding.

Then last, I have two comments:

With this leveling weapon/armor enchant that will be given for free, the enchant shards that you can buy with seals should give a chance to create a rank 8 enchant and not a rank 7 anymore.
    As there is no Undermoutain store anymore, how can we buy Erratic globe set or Wyvern set in M21?

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    The information provided by pressing the "?" on the companion page is incorrect.

There is no such thing as companion type.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

So considering you just gave us a clue on the calendar for when Mod 21 drops since Neverember's Recruitment starts July 27th on PC and I know you're not hosting one of those before you release Bard since that's going to be the new character everyone will want to start I'm guessing we're not getting new end game content on this next Mod? And if we're not that's fine in my mind if we're only going to wait a short time for Mod 22. Like 8 or so weeks (I2 would be pushing it) but the problem I have and a lot of the player base is having is the lack of communication from the devs. I know you want to keep some things close to the chest but considering we're about 4 weeks out at this point from the Mod dropping (since I know you folks are smart enough not to antagonize the player base even more with an event before the people want to start new toons) any sort of communication and news would be important. @nitocris83 as a PR person I'm sure you of all people realize the importance of communicating and assuring the customers and players even more so than the devs. So please just talk to us.

They posted on their Facebook page that the bard was coming to the PC on July 27th. So there should be no speculation at this point.

https://www.facebook.com/NeverwinterGame/posts/5937540269619783
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User

It seems that for the moment, we have a new Bard class, revised tutorial, rework of campaigns turned into Adventures, and characters will be now capped at level 20 (which will imply some new adjustements to the damage or damage resistance of mobs/bosses/mechanics. It is a pity because apart of some mobs like archers who are hitting too hard, or Castle Never Orcus that is really too weak, the current balance is pretty much fine).

I like the new beginner gear that will be given to the players, and I also like the new trade of blades but it will not change the routine experience of current players.
    I am questionning the lack of actual contents. For several months, we have been doing the Sharandar campaign (btw thank you for the interim rewards of the campaign) with all those repeteable quests and HEs in order to unlock Vault of stars and in order to get some companion gear. Nothing exciting but we had to do it, or else we could still farm lures in Avernus.
    But as usual and sadly, only endgame or nearly endgame players can grind VoS or any last dungeon/trial, so there is nothing else to do for the other players (and the older dungeons are not attractive because they do not contain any updated interesting gear/item on top of not giving good reward) and I am afraid it will worsen if you remove too much older contents.

We need better incentives to farm like a progress bar that would unlock some new rewards in the campaign stores (or enabling to buy things when RNG is hostile), or some kind of other gear/pet/whatever when doing the zone contents.
    Also older dungeons/trials could drop some revised items, and I hope it is part of your plan??

Is there at least a story to back up M21 and keep people entertained? I loved Chult for this aspect. A too much delayed trial (that again is likely to benefit only to endgame players) will demotivate players. It has already been said again and again but we need more dungeons/trials for everybody, especially when the campaign zone is not rewarding.

Then last, I have two comments:

With this leveling weapon/armor enchant that will be given for free, the enchant shards that you can buy with seals should give a chance to create a rank 8 enchant and not a rank 7 anymore.
    As there is no Undermoutain store anymore, how can we buy Erratic globe set or Wyvern set in M21?

I made this post a while ago, with a suggestion to implement progress bars as a standard system for controlling rewards vs effort as an attempt to soften the RNG based on its recurring farm from different places, from Dungeons/Trials even on individual mobes. if you want to take a look at the image I made as an example the link follows below.

REDUCTION OF RNG, PROGRESSION BARS, BESTIARY + MONETIZATION:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258453/reduction-of-rng-progression-bars-bestiary-monetization

image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • eminnerdev#8159 eminnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 32 Cryptic Developer

With the removal of Blacklake you can no longer do chapter 3 for Cloaked Ascendancy, stonewalling this campaign

This has been fixed! Thank you for the report! I'm not sure if/when we are patching preview next, but it will definitely be in for the live release.
  • eminnerdev#8159 eminnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 32 Cryptic Developer

I have noticed on Preview that with the removal of XP being rewarded for each combat instance, the only thing remaining to encourage extra combat are the random drops from mobs, which are very minimal.

While leveling a new character I see no inherent advantage, reward or other inducement to do anything but the absolute minimum in leveling up, or for that matter to assist another player if they ask for help (other than just by being a good person, etc). It seems like the game is now designed to encourage me to skirt around or speed run past mobs rather than to stay and fight them.

Is this by design?

We have retained something like the overflow xp system for post-level 20, where killing mobs gives a 'progress' currency for some nice rewards. Right now though for leveling it is generally true that you only need to kill whatever the questlines ask of you.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    onodrain said:

They posted on their Facebook page that the bard was coming to the PC on July 27th. So there should be no speculation at this point.

https://www.facebook.com/NeverwinterGame/posts/5937540269619783

Is it, though?

If Cryptic wants to advertise and market what should be a big event (the biggest since at least Mod 16), I'd think they'd want a clear, coherent message to be spread across all platforms well in advance of the release date and not just one seemingly random, vaguely worded 1 line FB post that most players don't even see.

But then, it IS Cryptic...the name says it all, I guess ;)
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @eminnerdev#8159 nerd I just realized something with the current changeover of Acq INC and Underdark to Adventures. I figured the boons would turn into quest rewards. My question is those of us with alts in weird situations such as finished the AI storyline but didn't do the want to go back to do weeklies for boons or finshed the Dwarven King storyline but didn't get all the boons from Underdark how will we collect those boons?

@eminnerdev#8159 nerd I just realized something with the current changeover of Acq INC and Underdark to Adventures. I figured the boons would turn into quest rewards. My question is those of us with alts in weird situations such as finished the AI storyline but didn't do the want to go back to do weeklies for boons or finshed the Dwarven King storyline but didn't get all the boons from Underdark how will we collect those boons?

You can go see on test. I did both of those adventures on test. The boons are tied to specific quests in the storyline. If you did those quests already, then you will get the boons. If not, then you just need to do those quests.

It is quite simple, once you realize what they did.

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I know I'd said in my previous message I wasn't going to bother sending anymore PVP messages to devs, but since PVP on PC has remained stable and things are still getting better via community efforts, I am willing to say a little more:

PVP Is Completely Dead On Both Xbox and PS4 and Needs Help To Bring It Back:

Xbox PVP died as soon as PVP seasons were removed and has stayed dead ever since.

PVP On PS4 remained alive for a little while after PVP seasons were taken out, but it died too a couple weeks later and has stayed dead.

On PC, the removal of PVP seasons resulted in PVP temporarily dieing out here too, but there was a huge community effort here to bring it back to life, which so far has been successful. The good news is that the PC PVP community has come back to life in a much less toxic healthier form than when seasons were a thing, kick voting is pretty much dead, flaming is much rarer, and the people here all playing PVP for its own sake, they don't do it for rewards. We are also doing a wider variety of PVP types than was possible to do when seasons were a thing, including manually balanced private 5vs5, tournaments, solo que, 1vs1s, and even occasional private gauntlgrym matches happen now. The PVP community on PC is smaller than it used to be when seasons were a thing and isn't able to pop as many matches as before, but PVP does still happen daily here. Some more good news is that the item level and amount of gear required to have a good time in PVP and be useful to your team has also been reduced significantly, this is because of the item level scaling system in PVP combined with private 5vs5s happening every other day now, the teams are being manually balanced by experienced players. With proper guidance on how to setup a good PVP build, it is now possible to PVP at only 29k IL, though you do still need a few specific fancy items in order for these builds to function well. The private 5vs5s, 1vs1s, and tournaments also now have broken item ban lists that the organizers enforce.

----

It is possible to bring PVP back on all 3 platforms via community efforts. But I won't sugarcoat the amount of work it took to get PVP back on PC without any dev help. To bring PVP back to life on a platform using only community efforts, it requires at least 3 people with a lot of free time on their hands and a lot of PVP experience. It requires those 3 people to setup the infrastructure (discord and chat channel), recruit people to that infrastructure, and consistently organize/host PVP events really often, at least every other day. You also need to spam messages a lot to make sure people are aware of your events. It also requires you to go the extra mile to meet as many individual player's needs left and right as possible. The first few weeks of startup were hellish when I did this on PC, I was basically working a job for free, but if you stick to it long enough, it does stabilize and it does get better.

The devs need to chip in on bringing back PVP too, especially if nobody on consoles is willing to be a dedicated unpaid pack mule for an extended period of time.

I am considering extending a 6vs6s coaching project I'm working on to consoles, where experienced PVPers from any platform can coach teams in streamed PVP matches. This effectively outsources the shotcalling to players outside the match, which takes a lot of pressure off of the people inside the match and makes the directions clearer, which also leads to people picking up good rotating faster and having more fun.

However, that coaching project only can be applied to already alive PVP, I can't do the groundwork to bring matches back on consoles for them since I can't play on consoles.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    As a minor correction for my above post, there has been a little bit of private PVP on consoles after seasons were taken out, but its rare.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Okay I just watched the features trailer and as a PS4 player I'm a little concerned. What's this about "coming on consoles later this fall"? What happened to the 4 week split cycle? You really expect Console players to wait 2 months for "Jewel of the North" for what is hopefully a short patch since there's no new end game content? You're going to lose a lot of console players here since then at that point we'll have an extra month of no content since we've been getting everything 4 weeks later than PC for at least the last two years.
  • fattysnailfattysnail Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I apologize in advance for the bad english. My 2 cents about the russian version of the game. in english the name of the new module is "jewel of the north". I watched the new trailer and what did I see? why did you translate the name as "diamond of the north" instead of the more traditional translation of "pearl of the north". you want to be closer to the roots of dnd, but on the other hand, confuse all russian dnd fans with a non-canon translation. even in the eight-year-old trailer you had the correct one.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/p2qDf7A7Dys

such a clean trailer, where have you been all these years?
    just fyi, overpriced golden companions do not have "++walking" animation.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Feedback 1 :
    Elemental Evil and Undermountain AD rewards are not matching the other adventures (1500 vs 100000) is this intended?

Feedback 2 :
    Stronghold Consumables have had their ratings boosts severely “nerfed” is this intended?

Feedback 3 :
    Please remember to take a look at the refer-a-friend rewards now that we can expect a lot of new players joining our fantastic community.
    Elite Whaleboy
    Bug :

This guy in the Grand Emporium (Protectors Enclave) is giving wrong info on companions :

Elite Whaleboy
  • nephridil#8530 nephridil Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Currently, Character HP and Damage are adjusted in each of the levelling zones based upon the target IL of the zone, just as they are adjusted on live for dungeons. The was an issue in the past, and the decision made to NOT do this for the zones. But it is clearly the case now on preview. My 55K Warlock HP and Damage numbers dropped by 80% when I dropped in to Vellosk to wander around.
    Is this intentional?
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User

Currently, Character HP and Damage are adjusted in each of the levelling zones based upon the target IL of the zone, just as they are adjusted on live for dungeons. The was an issue in the past, and the decision made to NOT do this for the zones. But it is clearly the case now on preview. My 55K Warlock HP and Damage numbers dropped by 80% when I dropped in to Vellosk to wander around.
    Is this intentional?

Really? that's cool, it means that now I can play with my beginner friends using my main character without spoiling their leveling experience, similar to what happens in ESO, this is very good, as this current scaling system should work well this new system.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
    edited July 2021
    So today we found out the PVP leaderboard is working again on PC, 4 people are on it after some of today's solo que matches.

To anyone who asks, no there are no rewards, its just the leaderboard, like it was before seasons became a thing.

This was one of the top 3 urgent PVP fixes many people asked for.

Thank you to whoever took the time to fix this for us, its small but it means a lot.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited July 2021

Really? that's cool, it means that now I can play with my beginner friends using my main character without spoiling their leveling experience, similar to what happens in ESO, this is very good, as this current scaling system should work well this new system.

Two protips:
    1. Make yourself a new character and play with your "beginner friends"
    2. Play ESO if you like the level of scaling there.

On the other hand, don't expect to a normal player want to deel with velosk level mobs like they did 6 years ago.
    Sorry, but no.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    edited July 2021
    Preview Server vs Live Server Movement Speed Test (7-17-21):

So I just tried out the movement speed on preview vs live, compared my 65% on live to 88% on preview.
    It takes me almost same number of seconds to travel between a set location on both servers.
    Was roughly 5 secs on live vs 4 secs on preview.
    This was without the new 10% speed guild boon though

So on preview total amount of speed I'd realistically have should be a little bit more than on live once I add the guild boon. Its definitely not as much as I was hoping for so far though. Maybe there is something I'm missing here, would be better to check it with the 10% speed guild boon but I don't have it on preview.

Someone should test if characters without the r15 azures in utility move slower on preview than on live, like I wonder if 65% preview is slower than 65% live. I will try to get around to it but might not have time. It may be the formula stayed the same on both servers, but there is diminishing returns for large movement speed numbers or something like that.

Update: disregard this message, wasn't good enough test and movement speed was more effective than I was able to pick up from this bad test.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited July 2021
    As some relevant info to add to my above post, my testing method was crude and probably needs to be refined more. It may not have been a full 1 sec difference, was probably 0 point something difference, was eyeball test using smokebomb as timer. Used same place to run between for both servers though.
    Might be I need to try running for longer too, maybe my path was too short to make difference obvious.
    Just running around PE with no timer wasn't of much help, didn't feel like much of a difference, hence why I even tried using SB as a timer.

Update: disregard this message, wasn't good enough test and movement speed was more effective than I was able to pick up from this bad test.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited July 2021
    Disregard both of my above messages about movement speed testing, I definitely needed a better testing method than that. Having someone give me the into the fray buff for instant 20% movement speed increase on live was very noticeable.
    When I had tried the more gradual approach of taking potions and azures on and off again on preview, wasn't of much help. And neither was switching between live and preview and running around PE, didn't feel much faster for some reason.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    The "Campaigns" window does not show anything on test. It reads "There is nothing to display. Check your display controls!"

I did not do anything with my display controls and when I look at them, I do not see anything that could turn off the campaign window.

Also, I noticed that Adventures are no longer giving boons on the test server. Is that intentional?
  • gemrilgemril Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    When you discover new LORE, the book often will not open up to the correct section or entry.

Example: Entering Vellosk for the first time, the pop up happens at the top of the UI, but hitting the key doesn't open the book to the correct section or entry, if it is able to be located at all. (just using this as an example, I don't recall if THIS event had a problem, but many others have.)
    onodrain said:

The "Campaigns" window does not show anything on test. It reads "There is nothing to display. Check your display controls!"

I did not do anything with my display controls and when I look at them, I do not see anything that could turn off the campaign window.

Also, I noticed that Adventures are no longer giving boons on the test server. Is that intentional?

This was corrected with the recent patch. Campaigns show properly and there are boons associated with the Adventures again. Yeah!
    edited July 2021
    Devs, Please Read This Before Doing Another PVP Update:

Gear Gap Issue Will Need To Be Tackled:

Currently the biggest obstacle to PVP population growing is actually the gear gap. I've been seeing a lot of people quit the game or complain because of gear gap issues recently and I wouldn't have any trouble filling groups for daily PVP events if people didn't feel the need to grind for stuff for PVP instead of coming to the events. PVP is unlikely to grow much without tackling this issue, especially now that mythic insignias have been introduced in mod 21.

I am able to matchmake people in private 5vs5s as low as 29k IL. But people still die too much from gear gap issues and its really discouraging to people even with me balancing a majority of private matches well.

This issue also becomes much more punishing in solo que since I can't ban as many broken items in solo que as I can for private matches and solo que matchmaking right now is even worse than it was when seasons were still a thing.

Any PVP system/updates introduced must involve the real classes already in the game and be sufficiently complex/challenging In order For It To be worth it:

If The Devs do remove the gear gap or reduce it a lot, that is good. Though there will of course be some outcry over that, it will undeniably attract more players to PVP, help us retain many of the current PVP players, and more people will have a good experience playing PVP.

However, the devs still need to use the real classes for this update if they do it. It is very unlikely that a PVP update would be successful in this game if the devs try to do playable champions/NPCs that aren't the already existing classes in the game. People would play it for a short time while its still new and then PVP would die again. Most of the players currently playing would also quit the game if we couldn't play our classes anymore and/or PVP gameplay gets dumbed down too much, that includes me.

I don't want to see another PVP update attempt fail and have Cryptic come to the conclusion that PVP can't be helped or that PVPers will never accept anything the devs try to do for us, so please, listen to the above.

A Note On How to Introduce More Player Choice and Variety:

Obviously removing the gear gap and/or pre-fixing our stats in PVP would reduce variety even more, which easily could result in PVP being too simple/easy and making attempts to save PVP fail.

This is already starting to become an issue even now in mod 20's oversimplified system, I released a build guide recently that literally is good on every single dps class and for every single type of PVP, its expensive and time consuming to switch to though.

To get around this issue, the devs will need to reintroduce variety to PVP in the form of things that don't require much if any grinding to get. I would suggest feats & powers updates or other non-gear related things that effect your gameplay.

New Timewindow for Updating PVP Before Its Too Late:

The PVP infastructure (chat, discord, daily PVP events) I set up with the help of Robb and Aizu for keeping PVP alive won't be enough to keep PVP going forever without help from the devs, we are on borrowed time until the devs update PVP.

The community efforts on PC to revive PVP also have made it so the PVP community is currently the least toxic it ever has been; kicking is extremely rare now, flaming is much rarer than it used to be, and everybody still playing PVP on PC is playing PVP for fun, they don't do it for rewards. If Cryptic ever plans on working on PVP again, it is important that they prevent the current community on PC from quitting so PVP has better odds of remaining healthy and a lot less toxic than it was when seasons were a thing.

I have decided to stay longer than I originally planned to.
    In order to keep PVPers here past mod 22, devs need to throw us some kind of bone in mod 22 or partway through it, preferably way sooner than that.
    Even if its not all of the PVP changes, if we see nothing for PVP in mod 22, going to be really hard if not impossible to keep people here
    so devs probably need to break a PVP update into 2 parts
    Right now PVP on PC is 100% dependent on me to keep it alive. So its very important we get some form of PVP update within mod 22 or earlier. Otherwise Cryptic risks losing the healthyer PVP community and infrastructure we have set up.

Here is an invite link to the most active PVP discord server right now, this is the discord server I do my daily PVP events on.
    I want the devs to see how much I was actually able to do on PC, devs are welcome here anytime to watch streams when they happen or even come to the PVP events:
    https://discord.gg/SSeBGh4ufu

Reintroducing Good PVP Rewards and Bringing Back The Leaderboard Is Necessary To Revive PVP On PS4 and XBOX:

Consoles currently doesn't have much PVP activity, its probably going to stay dead until the devs bring back some form of decent PVP rewards.

All Platforms would benefit from having a working leaderboard, right now it isn't working. It was briefly working recently but was turned off again as part of a company safety protocall apparently.

PC isn't dependent on PVP rewards anymore, the culture here has shifted back to playing PVP for its own sake, and not just because you get paid to do it.

It is also important to note that a big contributor to how toxic the PVP community got on all platforms when seasons existed was the rewards.
    PVP got so toxic during seasons on PC that I can only think of like 3 people who weren't toxic back then. Looking at PVP's history in this game, that isn't normal, the % of toxic players used to be much smaller than that. Even on consoles there is plenty of evidence from them talking to us and eachother that they were also toxic.

We will still have to risk rewards being reintroduced in order to get enough PVP matches at all on consoles. Thankfully the break from the toxicity of seasons and the change in the current community's mindset is very likely to reduce how many players currently playing return to their toxic behavior next time rewards get reintroduced. I'm sure we will still see an increase in toxic players though.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • nidarox#5808 nidarox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    - Faith in the Fallen: Take a leap of faith - This is a misc trophy only in the Tower district

Where has this been moved to?, I have checked the wiki and cant seem to find updated info, nor on any of the trophy hunting forums, this is a major setback for my part not beeing able to complete a part of the criteria for the platinum on my way to 100% this game. Would really appreciate the time and effort of a reply,