test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Horrors Revisited (weekly) not completing

anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
I have just done this repeatable after finishing the main questline, and once I listened to the elf a-hole and the Queen of Air and Darkness (unecessarily long unskippable drivel if you've already listened to him before btw) and took the portal back to outside of the ruins, the quest did not complete. It keeps telling me to re-enter the ruins.

Suffice to say I do not want to listen to that a-hole anymore than I need to!
Tagged:

Comments

• thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Same here, I can't complete it. After listening to all the dialogue, the quest instructions in the ruins tell you to go to speak to Thradisar in New Sharandar. However, after leaving the ruins it tells you to enter them again. This is happening when doing the quest as a party and solo.

Maybe the time loop problems of the Night Diamond have become stronger?

EDIT: I've tried dropping the quest and picking it up again, same problem remains. Speaking to Thradisar in New Sharandar does not fix the problem either.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Solved: The quest tracker leads to the ruins and lets you replay the story mission entirely... What it is supposed to lead you to is the portal next to Etrien, which you enter and then complete the repeatable quest as intended.

Sigh.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    anna#4890 said:

Solved: The quest tracker leads to the ruins and lets you replay the story mission entirely... What it is supposed to lead you to is the portal next to Etrien, which you enter and then complete the repeatable quest as intended.

Sigh.

Thx for that info. I ran it 3 times and was thinking that maybe there was a problem on my end.

I guess nobody had ever tested the pathfinding of that quest because that bug is so obvious.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    After compIeting the campaign storyIine, and this quest becomes avaiIabIe to compIete the weekIy hauI, the compIetion isnt checked
  • jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I am told to enter the portal to go back to New Sharadar, but as soon as I get there I am told to go back into the ruins. This weekly can not be completed right now.
  • dracomanciendracomancien Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    The original enter is on the map but it's a trap :) It's not the good one.
    You have to use the light portal near the quest donors, there's only the main fight of the dungeons to do to complete the quest (with hags in shadow form and no cristal to use).
  • jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 40 Arc User

The original enter is on the map but it's a trap :) It's not the good one.
    You have to use the light portal near the quest donors, there's only the main fight of the dungeons to do to complete the quest (with hags in shadow form and no cristal to use).

Thank you. That worked great.

• bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Yes I too was fooled by this quest. The text of the quest points you to the ruins so off you trot only to find the quest will not complete but if it said “take the platform portal provided to the ruins” in the quest text that wouldn’t happen … sounds like an easy fix
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

This issue was already escalated, thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    @percemer If feedback is being given to the devs, can I also add that going back to the dungeon is better than hopping into the portal. It's a fun mini-dungeon, and looks really cool! It's a shame that you only get to see it once (unlike the other hag lairs), and are instead skipped to the final fight.