test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not rewarding the Figurines when you open the pack

jax74jax74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
So, I forgot the event only ran a week and I missed out on a few alts, but knowing the last chance vendor was still there I decide to grab a couple of bags off the zen store so I got get the Book of the Fey and a Cloak for my Mage.

Opened both bags, got the message say I had received three figurines each time, clicked on the vendor, no figurines! Decide to check the two alts that I did remember to use, and their remaining figurines have vanished.

Clearly something is wrong, if you gonna wipe the event currency players should get fair warning! And if you're still going to sell them I should get my figurines or I shouldn't be able to buy them off the store...

Comments

• Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    You do get the figurines, but since they expired 3 hours ago, they immediately disappear again. I thought someone reported that as a bug at the start of the event, but I can't find the thread now! Sorry.

I agree this is a bug, like that thread that I cannot find described, the Figurines used to last for a month, so they would last 1 or 2 weeks after the event. I also just lost ALL of my figurines from the entire event because I forgot to spend them before the maintenance. Now there probably is a last chance store, but since I got robbed of my figurines, I can't spend them there. Because I have none. Because they expired when the event ended.
  • Options
    mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Well its a great advert for promoting the zen store for those last chance top up purchases... NOT!

Can't believe this would be by design surely, so I hope it is a bug and something gets fixed quick smart, then again I can't believe this was not tested before the update went out - - for now at least AVOID the ZEN store like the plague.

I know the figurines are time limited currency, but why put the last chance vendor up with no way to purchase items that players saved the currency for.. The figurines should expire the same time as the last chance vendor disappears - - BAD FORM!!
  • Options
    Went and searched my history to find the thread I was talking about. Turns out, it was not a forum thread at all, it was a Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/o3b0ys/protectors_figurines_disappear_as_soon_as_the/
  • Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    @nitocris83 in your post you said to contact customer service:

1. Firstly, we've been told recently when CW was still here that you guys outsource customer service.

2. Customer service typically bans people who ask for refunds even when it is not the player at fault, usually give them the ultimatum "we can refund you but we will be banning your account"

Please make sure, before anyone has to deal with these issues, that there is clear communication with customer service, also give the players a bit more info on how to go about it; will there be a real refund? Will you guys be only giving zen back? How should these players phrase the situation so they're not risking their accounts and money.

I've personally seen people banned for asking for a refund when its come down to NW's teams' fault. There has also been similar issues for other mmo companies, so please handle this thoroughly.
  • Options
    sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    99% of the time any time I've ever submitted a ticket, I've been answered with "we can't do that" to fix something.
    I didn't receive...
    This item bugged in my inventory...
    This equipped and it shouldn't have, please unbind it for me...
    etc... etc... etc...
    Then I've witnessed people who have literally sold their accounts (which is a severe no no) and they've submitted tickets and gotten their accounts back. How does this make any sense?
    Not sure why customer service behaves this way. They also have someone operating these forums who isn't paid by the company, who bans people, mutes people, "warns" people, for simply speaking their minds. That too isn't right.
    Bottom line? The system is broken.
    It doesn't matter that many of us have been loyal since the beginning or at least for 5+ years.
    It doesn't matter that many of us are paying customers and help keep the game running.
    What matters is they push the "I win" button and don't seem to mind that it is keeping us players unhappy...
    I miss Chris... I wish we could know what happened. He actually seemed to care and addressed real problems.
    He didn't go on and on about things that have nothing to do with the game.
    He didn't give false information.
    He answered our important questions and didn't ignore us.
    I may be going a little off topic but I feel this needed to be said.
    Why do I keep playing the game? I love the game, just wish the team managed the community better...
    The ban hammer of power needs to take a chill pill. We play the game, we know the game, we care about the game, we should be able to voice our minds in a civil manner without fear of repercussions.
  • Options
  • Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    @nitocris83 just want to say thanks to you and the team for acting fast and avoiding people to have to contact support. This didn't effect me as I didn't partake in the event, but certainly appreciate when you guys address issues that plagued many in the playerbase.