test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Driftwood Tavern - June 24 Stream Questions!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2021 in News & Announcements
Thread is now closed while we gather questions and prepare for the stream!

For the June 24 stream we will be joined by Senior Game Designer Salim Grant to discuss Vault of Stars: Twisted Denizens and the upcoming Bard class! If you can't make it to the stream live, leave a question on this thread and we'll try to get to as many as possible!

Please keep questions on topic!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• dosicmyth#7645 dosicmyth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    What will the buttons be for playing music on controllers? (Including how will octaves/sharps/flats be played for out of combat)
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Thanks a lot for all you job.
    Any release date about MWs? Update will be PC/Console at same time? Update for forgehammer of gond?
    Thx
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    When are the currently known VoS buggs being patched?
    and will the dmg from those archers in the maze be turned down a bit?
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    1:Concerning mod21 and the new leveling experience, why was the narrative gutted in the way it was, and why were the levels that taught and let you experience gameplay features more organically, letting you learn through design and practice, the levels that were stripped out?
    What was the reasoning to start with Neverdeath, an area that implements things that have not yet been taught to new players, the new first adventure? Is that the final state of the leveling start or will Neverdeath get an overhaul to include all that was taught previously?

2: Will Vaulted content return in the future? Will the underpinning story of the game be returned to the game or has it been permanently discarded?
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • stepmania#9336 stepmania Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Mages need more damage to bosses,control is not relevant for well-dressed characters!
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    • The 3rd miniboss in VoS leads to big fps drops (the many minions, down to 1-5fps for me on a RTX 3060) for many people. Is the dev team aware of this performance issue?
    • Where is the difference between hardcore VOS and K-Team VOS? They seem to be the same at the moment, new portals opened, same loot.
    • What were the reasons Bard was chosen as new class and not other 5e classes like Druid or Monk?
    • What was especially challenging during the new class development?
    • How do you plan to balance the Bard healer (Ministrel) compared to other healers like Cleric, Warlock, Paladin? Is Bard intended to have lower heals than healer classes like Cleric and Warlock because of the buffs it provides?
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    With the new class coming, will your focus shift to reworking the wizard?
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    A few issues.

For the leveling, I have invested heavily in a level 5 toon that I do not want leveled. But this update will automatically level the character to 20. Can we have the option of leveling up automatically or not? If not, can you work with me? I'll make a new toon and your team puts 10 mythic companions and 10 mythic mounts on that toon? Most players would be outraged if their 40 million diamond toon was wasted, but I'm not. I just want your help. Can you help? This is a very unique situation that may not apply to any other players, but this situation may require us to link up offline and work this out.

There are some lingering bugs with the collection that have been addressed on this arc site multiple times in the past but keep getting ignored. The decanter of atropol essence does not have an uncommon version in the game yet it still shows in collections. Can you change the loot tables where the decanter is green instead of blue to fix this? Or remove from collections instead. Same goes for Golden Memory artifact in the zen store. The collections shows a green and blue version, but only the epic is available.

Lastly, I have over 100 emails with the help desk with no good outcome regarding the Bruenor's Helm artifact. If we unknowingly tossed if 5 years ago, its impossible to get back. The help desk has the ability to help with a replacement, but won't. Can you help out with this?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2021

With the new class coming, will your focus shift to reworking the wizard?

wizard paragons:

Controler - Arcane powers + Cold based powers(arcane stacks + chill stacks mechanics)

thaumaturge - arcane powers + Fire based powers(arcane stacks + burning stacks mechanics)

Renegade - arcane powers + lightning based powers(arcane stacks + lightning charges mechanics)
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    I have a question regarding the Adventurers Guild hall decorations. The portraits that we can find on the walls are of the members of the Cloaked Ascendancy, why were these chosen ?

@nitocris83
    Elite Whaleboy
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    When will you fix the Avernus hunts ? ATM , no one in group is getting a Zariel favors . Only leader receives favors .
This discussion has been closed.