test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mobs Damage

modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
Deard Devs,

Taking advantage of the fact that you are actually nerfing many things, please take a look on mobs damage, and nerf it too, beacuse this is just ridiculous.

Yes, i know- i am DPS not tank- but this is RANDOM dung, and the smallest mobs are hitting like truck- my chaaracter is 52,5k with BiS eq, and i am just 2 shotted by "Runner"- every boss in game wish to have damage like "quicklings"- they are freaking scarry, and i got some nightmares last nights about them.

Ok, let's be more serious- Just look at mobs dmg- it is just to high, "nerf plis" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQbKlnZH90

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    It's the CA advantage being out of whack. I noticed you had your back to them as well which is even more damage. I think this is a way they are trying to fix the issue of some DPS running forward and leaving everyone else behind. IDK lots of people are having issues with it, it needs more fine tuning for sure.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Run ahead + fight in the very middle of the mob kill you fast.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    So make sure to try to put stats in def and awareness where you can, as well.

Seen alot of dps complain about getting 1 or 2 shot deaths and running around as glass canons with 37k def or lower as well as 35k awareness or lower with less than 630k hp to boot in unscaled content, its even worse in scaled content.

Did a Voss the other day where a dps kept dropping , and died in about 2 seconds just stepping into void puddles as well. Needless to say he died over a dozen times while no one else had more than 1 or 2 deaths besides him by the end. Tbh, I'm not sure how he even got stats that low without trying to avoid def/awareness altogether.

But, sitting and taking hits in the middle of a mob like that isn't advised either, you will still eventually die after 3 to 5 hits with def/awareness close to 50% and decent hp, depending on if you take crit and ca hits.

But, If your asking devs to be able to take 10 or more consecutive hits and be unscathed, why bother having a tank as a class anyways at that point.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • dagmurdagmur Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    This discussion again misses the actual fact, that it is the changes to the game that cause DPS classes to die quickly. So DPS classes should do max damage AND have max defense at the same time? Apparently these developers don't realize that many players are simply overwhelmed with the changes. We want to play, not solve math problems! Why don't you get this?

Why do we suddenly need two crit values? Why isn't it enough to have defense and maybe resistance or whatever? Why do you have to constantly make a game more complicated? Developers seem not to realize, that it is us, the casual players, bringing money into the game and paying their salaray when we buying Zen for real money.
    edited June 2021
    dagmur said:

This discussion again misses the actual fact, that it is the changes to the game that cause DPS classes to die quickly. So DPS classes should do max damage AND have max defense at the same time? Apparently these developers don't realize that many players are simply overwhelmed with the changes. We want to play, not solve math problems! Why don't you get this?

Why do we suddenly need two crit values? Why isn't it enough to have defense and maybe resistance or whatever? Why do you have to constantly make a game more complicated? Developers seem not to realize, that it is us, the casual players, bringing money into the game and paying their salaray when we buying Zen for real money.

Does DPS classes did quickly? I play 6 classes, Rogue, Warlock, Barbarian, Cleric, Ranger and Paladin. I played my Cleric as DPS too. They don't die quickly. No, I did not spend any money or AD to upgrade because of the change.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2021
    Well, not dying in runs is the biggest overall increase to damage you get, res sickness is a brutal reduction to outgoing damage if you die often. So, building into def/awareness is part of stat balancing for dps as well. In the end, dps don't do much damage laying on the ground...also, try avoiding combat mechanics , ca damage, dodging aoes, etc.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

So make sure to try to put stats in def and awareness where you can, as well.

Seen alot of dps complain about getting 1 or 2 shot deaths and running around as glass canons with 37k def or lower as well as 35k awareness or lower with less than 630k hp to boot in unscaled content, its even worse in scaled content.

Did a Voss the other day where a dps kept dropping , and died in about 2 seconds just stepping into void puddles as well. Needless to say he died over a dozen times while no one else had more than 1 or 2 deaths besides him by the end. Tbh, I'm not sure how he even got stats that low without trying to avoid def/awareness altogether.

But, sitting and taking hits in the middle of a mob like that isn't advised either, you will still eventually die after 3 to 5 hits with def/awareness close to 50% and decent hp, depending on if you take crit and ca hits.

But, If your asking devs to be able to take 10 or more consecutive hits and be unscathed, why bother having a tank as a class anyways at that point.

I asked Devs to not dying in 1 second on malabog from "Runners". This is based RANDOM dung with IL 20k.
    As i said, i know i am not tank, i can understand DPS can die easy, but sorry, this is just exaggeration in every way. The smallest monsters in the game that don't even reach your knees are just melting you like naked character without any gear, this is crazy.

PS.You can't have to much defense and Awerness and have all offensive stats capped- and this is what all want from DPS- max damage.
    edited June 2021
    https://postimg.cc/p5WbNr0L
    Just tried solo to that point and I didn't have any issues, I have power, ca, crit, critsev at 90% with 50% accuracy and awareness, with def at 45%. Using wildstorm, superior, and caprice puts hp at 700k unscaled solo and no overloads used. I can build around using sorbet, overloads, etc. and get accuracy to 70% and fluff it to 85% but not exactly required or worth it for malabogs.

Also, dont get obsessed with capping stats vs running optimal dmg builds. Keep in mind damge is negligible at 88% vs 90%. Especially if your overcapping and wasting stats that could be utilized somewhere else.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
    edited June 2021
    modlesie said:

PS.You can't have to much defense and Awerness and have all offensive stats capped- and this is what all want from DPS- max damage.

That is the problem. It is not about you do max damage in DPS. It is about you survive enough to do damage. The game does not ask you to do max damage. You asked yourself to do so. Balancing enough is the art.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    So, since I went back and read one of his lovely post, will say same to Modlesie.

"Please stop talking nonsense and learn how to play Fighter, a fighter has no problems with situations like that, turning your back, being alone, not making use of your shield slam cc. GG,WP." Btw, you mentioned in 2018 you quit and told someone else to too.

Anyways, good luck not getting rekt.
    edited June 2021
    Well, he definitely won't be completing vos kteam twisted denizens any time soon...
  • dagmurdagmur Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    As always in such discussions, the fanboys of the game come and tell how superior they are. How about giving real help to the questioners? How about finally admitting that the developers went down the wrong path with the changes? Making fun of others is not nice, nor does it show maturity.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    dagmur said:

As always in such discussions, the fanboys of the game come and tell how superior they are. How about giving real help to the questioners? How about finally admitting that the developers went down the wrong path with the changes? Making fun of others is not nice, nor does it show maturity.

Fanboys? Sorry to tell ya, but I don't play this garbage anymore. I gave him the exact attitude he has given others in the past. Did you even watch the video? Who expects to survive turning your back on enemies? He didn't use anything in his kit to help him either, he has an instant knockdown/cc as a fighter and doesn't have it equipped. He claims to be BiS, so is my fighter, pre-combat rework bis, this situation only happened because he let it. If we had changes to the game based off the stupidest thing people do, then we would have a walking simulator.

No one claimed the devs are doing things right, but saying dps shouldn't die for going alone, guess what too bad, tanks and healers are already leaving the game because how we've been treated (saw you complaining about your pally, yet you want dps to even less need you, great.) We already have second boss in vos done without a tank, people claimed tomm was done tankless (though don't see any videos of it) I know people who've done zariel tankless, yet asking to buff up dps survivability when they do everything wrong?
    edited June 2021
    I gave advice on how to fix stats, how to not die in combat, and included a screenahot of solo running as a dps to the point where he died and did it deathless myself.

https://postimg.cc/p5WbNr0L

So, real advice to questions given.