test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

True account wide.

organius#4038 organius Member Posts: 29 Arc User
It's time to move on,for the sake of a bright future of the game.My suggestion is about the binding system.The binding system itself is not very pleasant,it also restricts the players.For example,if a player played one class and decided to try another,because he was tired of his class,player will have to make a large investment in a new character.273m AD,7 years of non-stop grind or $2945 or 3600 euro to fully upgrade one character.If you upgrade a mount or companion or something else on one toon,that upgrade should be available on the whole account and account wide should mean also your gear,boons and artifacts.Why not make it so that all the binding would be on the account?As an example,you did it with collars.In mod 21 we will have a new Bard class and just imagine that you need to invest 273m AD or $2945 or 3600 euro to bring it to the endgame.I understand that you (the company) want money,but you should also think about the players.Because we are the main pillar that keeps Neverwinter online alive.Also,I really want to hear what the community thinks.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Cheaper to buy a new character slot and save the old character. Move the stuff over that you can.

Once you get to endgame it is nothing but grind.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • organius#4038 organius Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    greywynd said:

Cheaper to buy a new character slot and save the old character. Move the stuff over that you can.

My suggestion is about:"If you upgrade a mount or companion or something else on one toon,that upgrade should be available on the whole account and account wide should mean also your gear,boons and artifacts.".
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I feel like the game is already moving in that direction, with the addition of account wide mounts, and recently a few (hopefully the beggining of a new norm) Account wide companions.

I dont even mind of all of the account wide items are locked up in the zen market while the single claim items are the freebie rewards from dungeons and juma bags ect.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    cikipoki said:

My suggestion is about:"If you upgrade a mount or companion or something else on one toon,that upgrade should be available on the whole account and account wide should mean also your gear,boons and artifacts.".

Won't happen. If you want that stuff upgraded you have to do the grind to do it. They may look alike, but they are different comps and mounts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    cikipoki said:

greywynd said:

Yeah, but if you create a new toon with a different role (i.e., tank vs. dps) then all of these options would likely need to be different anyway. You'd still end up spending more.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

cikipoki said:

greywynd said:

Yeah, but if you create a new toon with a different role (i.e., tank vs. dps) then all of these options would likely need to be different anyway. You'd still end up spending more.
    Not true you need 10 mounts and 10 companions at max for each toon and only 2 mounts and 5 companions specific for each build...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

cikipoki said:

greywynd said:

Not true you need 10 mounts and 10 companions at max for each toon and only 2 mounts and 5 companions specific for each build...
    That is why so far I have not upgraded any mount to mystic but just buying mystic account wide mounts.
    That is also why I only upgraded one companion each of my 6 characters to mystic instead of concentrating that for one toon. I am waiting for account wide mystic companion.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***