test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prophecy of Madness needs nerf

Omg , just did a prophecy of madness skirmish today and oil boy did I ever get hammered. Everyone was dying left right and center. I am no rookie to this but ever since you change the combat rework these dungeons are a nightmare I don’t know if every enemy has combat advantage or what but I’m getting creamed from two ranged guys five hits dead and they do not have combat advantage so something is wrong in there you need to fix please thank you.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It would give more context if you could say your level, item level and class. I've found it doable on my 30k warlock (one of my lowest characters) so context to compare would be useful.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    What? Maybe you're simply too low? I can do it still solo so it's not the game...
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    45 k il, ranger warden , it was a bloodbath . The enemies must all have combat advantage or something . Everyone was dying constantly. I did throne as well a week before and that is harder ( since rework ) but ok to do .
    Maybe it was glitched ? I could only take 3 to 4 hits before dead , very weird .
    Done IC , VOS etc , and this was like , wth is going on here . I used it as test dummy practice and these enemies hit harder than any in game for some reason . Maybe scaling got skewered ? But it was a joke imho to waste any more time in a redundant map with ZERO Dwarven Spelunking drops to boot to get smashed like this whether or not it was bugged or my toon was bugged . There was never one time enemies had REAL combat advantage on myself . Btw , everyone died , 2 people left before end .
    I’m not wet behind the ears for context , I know how most in game stuff mechanically functions , or doesn’t in this case .
    edited April 2021
    huh interesting. I normally only queue for skirmishes on my lower geared toons, usually a wizard or warlock at around 30k. Maybe it's a scaling problem as you suggest. How many mount collars do you have equipped? I know they really mess with scaling.

My warlock & wizard can't take hard hits so they use a barkshield and dodge constantly and the wizard is full on control - relying on freezing enemies before they can strike too much. But yeah, that shouldn't be an excuse. I'll take my 42k ranger into PoM tonight to see what happens.

3 epic collars . I just recalled , We did it a while ago with friends and it was zero problem. Maybe a month or so . I’m pretty sure it’s a scaling problem or just another weird thing . I swear the enemies had full time combat advantage even though they didn’t . But who knows , if I get it again , probably just leave . There really is no reason to even do these maps , 6900 Rad is not worth it and wasting keys for 0% Dwarven Spelunking drop , is just insane
    Ty 4 the help
  • redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User

What? Maybe you're simply too low? I can do it still solo so it's not the game...

Of course you can. Dungeons => S C A L E
    Murder time is fun time!
  • redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User

Omg , just did a prophecy of madness skirmish today and oil boy did I ever get hammered. Everyone was dying left right and center. I am no rookie to this but ever since you change the combat rework these dungeons are a nightmare I don’t know if every enemy has combat advantage or what but I’m getting creamed from two ranged guys five hits dead and they do not have combat advantage so something is wrong in there you need to fix please thank you.

Get your awareness/combat advantage higher and watch the mobs. As a Ranger (warden) you can buff combat and defense for the team. Don't just rely on the Wiz to control while they are all spread out.

Drag mobs right on top of the tank. Rock the penetrating arrow dps the HAMSTER out of them from the outside (while balling them up on the tank). If you have a carpet of flying, the round up action on the mobs is super helpful. If not, use Tyrannosaur Rex'em

Once they are on top of the tank, you can switch stances and roll around them with Storm Strike. Having a fighter companion that's aoe is also very helpful for this.

Good luck!
    Murder time is fun time!
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    PoM is broken, scaling is broken here; I personally don't have any problem to make it, but "gold score" in 1 and 2 phases is so hard to get, cause respawn timers are too long and phase timer is limited to 4min.

Also you can't make Lesser Demonic keys anyhow now, you forced to use Greater Demonic Keys or Golden Dragon Keys.
    And every time I happen to get here, I see how low-lvl adventures to open that 100% scam chest -_-
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    johnnystranger's testimony is completely correct. Illusionist's Gambit, namely in the two versions of Fire, Prophecy of Madness and Throne of the Dwarven Gods, are extraordinarily difficult and, in the first one, skimirsh often fails as everyone dies. I have years of play, so it's not a lack of experience.
    Post edited by franciscoperola on
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I found 3y old screenshot, back in the day PoM was like this, two-man job: halfling AC/DC as a reward
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

johnnystranger's testimony is completely correct. Illusionist's Gambit, namely in the two versions of Fire, Prophecy of Madness and Throne of the Dwarven Gods, are extraordinarily difficult and, in the first one, skimirsh often fails as everyone dies. I have years of play, so it's not a lack of experience.

I am fairly sure the fire floor and fire stream damage in llusionist's Gambit is somehow using combat advantage in its damage calculation and will kill you dead way too fast. If you can get an instance without the floor fire, the first level is pretty easy otherwise.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

I am fairly sure the fire floor and fire stream damage in llusionist's Gambit is somehow using combat advantage in its damage calculation and will kill you dead way too fast. If you can get an instance without the floor fire, the first level is pretty easy otherwise.
    Yeah the fire floor in IG is WAAAY overpowered!

• franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User

Yes No doubt. All zones and dungeons where there is fire, or enemies use fire, the damage is overestimated.
    Programmers have the statistics, just look at them carefully.
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Do I need to mention Ustilagors in IG? But yeah, Prophecy is a slaughterhouse and it's a Skirmish.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Just ran it on an alt I never use, slapped random gear on for 33k il. Ran a pug group prophecy of madness and 1 left at fireplace before beginning. Ran fine without issues 3xDps and a tank, highest il was 43k tank and had only 2 deaths in group. I setup my alt with def at 45% and awareness 43% and didn't die.

Could be your group was just opening all portals and not killing fast enough. That will do it quickly in a weak group getting overwhelmed from adds ca.
    There was no overwhelming there was the fire guy that could three shot me at 49K item level with zero combat advantage