test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: New VIP rank - win win for players and Neverwinter overall

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
I would like to see a rank 13 VIP lvl.

What it should do:

If I pray on my main char - all my chars should be praying. When I collect my Dungeon reolls - all other toons should collect it too if space in Inventory.

Why this is a win for players:
Players are much faster especially the once who have 10+ chars and do everyday pray on all chars.

Why a win for Neverwinter overall:
Because players dont have to logoff and log another char in - they are much faster ready to play.
Queues and other content waiting times should decrease alot.

Why another win for you the devs:
What people do at the moment is: Login/logoff Login /logoff Login/logoff.
Not only it cost time - it costs Server processing time. Every login logoff surely cost a little bit of money.
If you could reduce that by 100000s of less login and logoffs - it would save you money and server banwith I think.

Would be cool if you coul add this.

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    We’d all have an army of alts . Log in on one toon , pray and get it on all 20 , 30 , 100 toons . Celestial Coffers till the stars come home ? It would be wonderful, don’t get me wrong , but can’t see this happening.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    onlymat said:

What it should do:

If I pray on my main char - all my chars should be praying. When I collect my Dungeon reolls - all other toons should collect it too if space in Inventory.

Players are much faster especially the once who have 10+ chars and do everyday pray on all chars.

Because players dont have to logoff and log another char in - they are much faster ready to play.

Not only it cost time - it costs Server processing time. Every login logoff surely cost a little bit of money.
    If you could reduce that by 100000s of less login and logoffs - it would save you money and server banwith I think.

I suggest they give me 24000 zen to keep playing
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    It will not happen because it means it will be easy to get a lot of p-ward and c-ward. It will hurt their bottom line a lot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    The reason they have you invoke all your characters individually for the reward, it is a login reward for being active to some degree. It would be less likely they would add anything to VIP (13th Rank) since they are based on 12 months in a year. In the time ahead, I expect they will pull some of these VIP rewards to be replaced with others, in order to keep VIP up to date with game changes. This has been done before with the removal of summoning the salvage anvil in rank 7 to correct the removal of salvage in the game.

Their goal is for players to buy VIP with cash monthly or semi-annually, just like a subscription without calling it a subscription. No one has the numbers, but I believe the vast majority of VIP is obtained without cash. VIP may need to be bolstered to increase sales for the future of the game. I seriously doubt they would ever link it to the invocation system.
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

We’d all have an army of alts . Log in on one toon , pray and get it on all 20 , 30 , 100 toons . Celestial Coffers till the stars come home ? It would be wonderful, don’t get me wrong , but can’t see this happening.

So what you do atm? I log on ALL my alts to pray. The prob is: it kills the game. While you doing it you don't play the game.
    Together with the bad bounty hunts where you wait wait and sometimes wait again you just stop playing.

Really: My Neverwinter days atm. Login ALL toons to pray. Do bounty hunts on 4 toons. I read alot of Need helas for VOS or DPS or. No not meh waiting for gunts. After hunts and too long waiting time for getting nothing well I quit. I have tons of rough AD I don't need to run anything.If some percentage of gamers are like me. The game dies. People who need to run stuff can't because noone is available.

So there needs to be a solution especially the Servers need to process every login logout.

edited June 2021

It will not happen because it means it will be easy to get a lot of p-ward and c-ward. It will hurt their bottom line a lot.

you noticed that pward an c ward is nerfed alot since some month? I mean the drop rate......

The reason they have you invoke all your characters individually for the reward, it is a login reward for being active to some degree. It would be less likely they would add anything to VIP (13th Rank) since they are based on 12 months in a year. In the time ahead, I expect they will pull some of these VIP rewards to be replaced with others, in order to keep VIP up to date with game changes. This has been done before with the removal of summoning the salvage anvil in rank 7 to correct the removal of salvage in the game.

Their goal is for players to buy VIP with cash monthly or semi-annually, just like a subscription without calling it a subscription. No one has the numbers, but I believe the vast majority of VIP is obtained without cash. VIP may need to be bolstered to increase sales for the future of the game. I seriously doubt they would ever link it to the invocation system.

Thats the Problem while you login to all your alts you are NOT active and it costs time for the Servers to handle.

onlymat said:

What it should do:

I suggest they give me 24000 zen to keep playing
    this makes sense...... not!
    edited June 2021
    onlymat said:

you noticed that pward an c ward is nerfed alot since some month? I mean the drop rate......
    No, I noticed it does not. I have been doing that for years. I know what I expect and for me, the drop rate did not change. I actually posted my number (that was ran at that moment) when that thread was posted.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261093/you-nerf-celestial-coffers-smh

Just for the heck of it, I have just gone to SH (5 minutes ago) to open 200. I got:

10 Enchanting Stone rank 5.
    7 c-wrd
    60 p-word
    268 Peridot
    142 ES4
    148 ES3

I am in PC though.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2021
    onlymat said:

Thats the Problem while you login to all your alts you are NOT active and it costs time for the Servers to handle.
    They don't care about your login and logout which costs little. People has been doing that for the past 8 years. If they care, they would have done something.
    What they care for this mechanic is the number of user "shown" at the given time.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User

VIP is never bought without cash. Someone paid for the zen used regardless.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    onlymat said:

Invoking requires the character to be active. Active does not require the character to be running around a map.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2021

The invoke need complete rework. It's outate both by way how its operate/work and how/what it reward players with.

First of all this feature was desing to reward players who play this game, but eventually it was exploited in other way. The Invoke system become farm ground who those who have most alts across main account or even alt accounts.

First of all, it need to reward players who play game, thats mean Time counts only when players is loged in game, and also reward counted account wide.

Other thing it's need to reward players with reasonable daily stuffs.

Current Celestial Synergy is farmed mainly for Coalescent Ward, the Preservation ward it's also Ok. rest are trash.

Current rewards are seals of Arden Favours and Celestial Synergy.

When comes their rewars.
    Ardent Favours - Mostly you spend for potions. Others are two horses, one Uncommon Rank and other Rare rank.
    Then there is epic Companion Angel of protection. Which price in AH is 70k ad.
    Rest are trasmutes and Celestial Dye pack, more less trash.

But it's not for that most players farming invokes.. THey farm for x2 stuffs. Primary For Coalescent Ward and second for Preservation Wards. Thats it.

What you suggest is imrove life to those who have hordest of alts across multiple accounts.

It's enough that there where and still are ones who use various scripts and bots to do invokes for them, now you suggest add feature which will do very similar stuff..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    greywynd said:

VIP is never bought without cash. Someone paid for the zen used regardless.
    Agreed, what I meant by that is direct sales. I don't believe the majority who purchase the zen do so to buy VIP.

As for what @onlymat claimed about the reduced rate of drops from celestial coffers on wards, my wife would have been yelling about it. She was playing 8 characters until last month and she pulled in 1 or 2 coalescent wards per month plus all the green wards. I think we calculated about 1:40 drop rate on those blue wards. On average she would open about 43 per month. At that rate @plasticbat got 7 blue wards and at 1:40 they should have pulled about 5 from 200. It might have actually been improved recently.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    "Just for the heck of it, I have just gone to SH (5 minutes ago) to open 200. I got:

7 c-wrd
    60 p-word
    268 Peridot
    142 ES4
    148 ES3

I am in PC though."

Fascinating figures. My only ever experience of opening was terrible.

I saved up for a while and had about 100 and opened them zero Coals, I cant remember the p-wards though.

Funny story though. When I was pretty new I opened one up and got this weird blue thing which I had no idea what to do with, so turned it into RP. Yeah you know the rest...

"Just for the heck of it, I have just gone to SH (5 minutes ago) to open 200. I got:

7 c-wrd
    60 p-word
    268 Peridot
    142 ES4
    148 ES3

I am in PC though."

Fascinating figures. My only ever experience of opening was terrible.

I saved up for a while and had about 100 and opened them zero Coals, I cant remember the p-wards though.

Funny story though. When I was pretty new I opened one up and got this weird blue thing which I had no idea what to do with, so turned it into RP. Yeah you know the rest...

I usually open 300 and the ratio is pretty consistent. As I said in the post, "Just for the heck of it", I only opened 200 for that post.