test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M21 General Feedback

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    To add to the above and to make absolutely clear to the devs what the PVP community is asking for before or during mod 21:

There is no excuse for the lack of communication from devs on PVP for anything close to the 4-5 months I said I would be willing to stick around for or the months of silence before that, if they won't even give us a date for when we can expect PVP changes in a sane length of time (as in before or during mod 21), PVP will completely die baring a miracle from the community.

If this company values keeping secrets no matter the cost or simply refuse to commit to anything, I will just leave when that 4 - 5 month timeframe is up, I'm sick of being strung along by vague political speak with no date.

The PVP CDP happened a very long time ago, cryptic had plenty of time to come up with a plan and implement it
    and it keeps getting put it on the backburner.

It would be one thing if the company wanted to make sure the changes didn't get rushed and were actually good quality, but we can't just sit in the dark forever assuming something will happen, at the very least devs need to communicate.
    ---
    There is also 0 excuse for why the leaderboard couldn't just have been left intact when seasons were taken out
    instead of it staying blank like it is right now
    This being fixed alone could have made the difference between having some matches and having 0 matches
    ---
    I used to hear that the devs wanted the community to do more and wanted us to stop squabbling with eachother so much, but we are more than meeting them halfway now, we can buy the devs time to act but we can't keep PVP alive permanently without communication and changes.

Here is the quote from my other post with the 3 PVP changes we need to happen ASAP:

Razorleaf is suggesting at the very least reverting the PVP leaderboard back to how it was before seasons became a thing. Where it refreshes whenever a new mod starts. Right now its blank. This would help PVPers see who is around and some people would compete for spots even without rewards being present.

There are 2 small but impactful PVP suggestions that get the most community support right now; I highly recommend the devs implement them either before or during mod 21. This would show us PVP isn't going to be left for dead until everyone quits and would improve conditions significantly:

#1) Allowing the PVP que to recognize healer roles and split the available healers in the que as evenly as possible across both teams.

#2) Replace the solo que with duo/solo que.
    Understood to mean a single que that allows you to either que alone or as a pair, teams will be comprised of a mix of single players and pairs.

--
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • rykkardorykkardo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Nice to see the training room! That's perfect also for testing multi target things. Can you add an option to make puppets invincible?
    edited June 2021
    New rings coming out need to be disabled in PVP most likely:

Those rings combined with the watermelon sorbet nerf looks like going to be a major issue for PVPers, the rings reduce enemy accuracy according to tooltip, and the sorbet nerf just reduced people's accuracy by another 5% while also making it harder to cap power, you need capped power for PVP builds and accuracy is also important, especially for classes that don't have accuracy forte.

Best case scenario is the extra damage from these rings is enough to replace the missing accuracy and isn't horribly broken op.

Cryptic should release more accuracy and defense granting items/gear, that what we need.

I would play it safe and just disable those ring's set bonus in PVP ASAP. Better safe than sorry.

We might be fine, they could turn out to be weak according to 2 experienced players. But they still worried devs will buff them later and make them broken if they do turn out to be weak. Again, better safe than sorry, disabling them in PVP would be wise.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

You know what concerns me the most? The lack of comments on all preview sections on M21 and the new class.

The good, the bad, the hysterical - major changes have always had tons of feedback on preview discussions but this time it's barely 2 pages after half a week.

This suggests to me that many people have had enough and can't be bothered even commenting. Whether you like or dislike the changes, player apathy and/or resignation is not good.

I agree. There used to be pages and pages of feedback on changes in the past, now after over a month, there is hardly anything.

On General discussion PC, hardly any discussion.

Virtually nothing in the class forums for 6 months.

No builds to be found anywhere.

They have ripped out the heart of this game and left something that is lesser and to those of us that remember the "old" NWO, it isn't very palatable. When they tore out the complexity they promised lesser but quality content, that didn't eventuate.

We have a few new players in our guild, which is good. But nearly all of the veteran players have stopped playing. Probably some will come back and try the bard, maybe.

I think the greatly decreased veteran player numbers are showing up in the lack of feedback and response.

edited June 2021
    I'm not going to bother with sending the devs anymore messages for now about PVP, unless I come onto a stream to try to get answers. Devs have stayed silent and if they don't speak up soon about PVP, as in within the next 4-5 months. It will be too late and I will probably leave the game. The community is bending over backwards to buy the devs time to save PVP. We can't keep this up forever and right now 0 public matches happen.

- I have been using PVP Arena discord to host private 5vs5 matches every 2 days, so far this is going well. But again, I can't keep this up forever. Devs need to do something to revive PVP public matches.
    - Robb has been hosting 1vs1s and item farming runs to help too.
    - Aizu and roniki host PVP tournaments roughly every 3 weeks

If you want to check on the state of PVP at any point and see if any of us are still active, you can find what is left of us here, PVP Arena discord is currently where most things happen.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1261570/a-list-of-active-nw-pvp-discords-and-the-pvp-custom-channel-that-is-growing-the-most-right-now
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Other than the Bard, what is mod 21?
    What’s the new content?
    New characters?
    Story?
    Rewards?
    Is it just Sharendar part3?
    Seriously asking because
    There is nothing to read about that says anything more than Bard and level now capped at 20.
  • bkjvkbkjvk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @eminnerdev#8159 since the queues got formatted and some serious dungs happened to be in REDQ please consider making Queue option [Keep queue group together] marked as default. It's simple change and a lot of player will be very thankfull for that, pls consider :) I know a lot of players always have to remmember to mark it and newbies have no idea of this option.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited June 2021

lantern22 said:

On General discussion PC, hardly any discussion.

Virtually nothing in the class forums for 6 months.

No builds to be found anywhere.

Too many repeated overhauls to game mechanics, and without any real explanation of the strategy behind the changes. Why would anyone want to invest the time and effort needed to create and release a new public character build in this environment?

well yes, that makes sense
    rjc9000 said:

What is there really to discuss when most classes are so homogenized that you can devolve the classes down to "tank, healer, ranged DPS, and melee DPS" (at least in PvE)?

game seems to be turning into a remake of the old 1985 game called Gauntlet

:(

pity really
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    The latest patch introduced some weird item level issues to the Great Protector set :

Elite Whaleboy
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @lantern22 said:
    > well yes, that makes sense
    >
    > game seems to be turning into a remake of the old 1985 game called Gauntlet
    >

Barbarian needs food!
  • kohanaskohanas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

The latest patch introduced some weird item level issues to the Great Protector set :

Yeah, I've noticed that on more than one artifact. The highest item level is at green and going down the closer you bring it to mythic....
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

There's nothing to see here - these are not the bugs you are looking for - move along, move along.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This same "bug" occurred...a year and a half ago?
  • kohanaskohanas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I don't know if it's as intended, but when I visited the dragon areas in Neverdeath, etc. I noticed that they're missing. Is this as intended? Are those encounters gone now?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I think it is intended with the dragons being missing. I believe somewhere they said all of the Tyranny of Dragon campaign will take place in the Well of Dragons now, so no dragons in other zones now.

I think it is intended with the dragons being missing. I believe somewhere they said all of the Tyranny of Dragon campaign will take place in the Well of Dragons now, so no dragons in other zones now.

That was confirmed in a dev post. The only dragons are going to be in dungeons or WoD.

The weird thing is I can still see the cultists doing their summoning circle thing on Preview if I look through the bars on the fence in Neverdeath Graveyard.
  • voymasa#7191 voymasa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    The orb that allows you to exit the training hall area back to the adventurer's guild, is hard to see, and not what experienced players expect of magical portals in game. The normal portal are usually glowing doorways that are either open already, or open as you approach. The darkish green orb against the dark starry background of the training hall, is hard to see. Please make it easier for players to see, so they know where to go to exit the room.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    So considering you just gave us a clue on the calendar for when Mod 21 drops since Neverember's Recruitment starts July 27th on PC and I know you're not hosting one of those before you release Bard since that's going to be the new character everyone will want to start I'm guessing we're not getting new end game content on this next Mod? And if we're not that's fine in my mind if we're only going to wait a short time for Mod 22. Like 8 or so weeks (I2 would be pushing it) but the problem I have and a lot of the player base is having is the lack of communication from the devs. I know you want to keep some things close to the chest but considering we're about 4 weeks out at this point from the Mod dropping (since I know you folks are smart enough not to antagonize the player base even more with an event before the people want to start new toons) any sort of communication and news would be important. @nitocris83 as a PR person I'm sure you of all people realize the importance of communicating and assuring the customers and players even more so than the devs. So please just talk to us.

I have noticed on Preview that with the removal of XP being rewarded for each combat instance, the only thing remaining to encourage extra combat are the random drops from mobs, which are very minimal.

While leveling a new character I see no inherent advantage, reward or other inducement to do anything but the absolute minimum in leveling up, or for that matter to assist another player if they ask for help (other than just by being a good person, etc). It seems like the game is now designed to encourage me to skirt around or speed run past mobs rather than to stay and fight them.

Is this by design?
    edited June 2021
    I know I'd said my previous message to devs would be my last one, but I spoke too soon, for once I have good news about PVP:

The PC PVP population is now able (and so far willing) to self sustain solo que match pops. That is a huge deal as it means the PVP revival project is officially a success. PVP is now no longer reliant on rewards or a leaderboard to get matches to pop. It is possible people will eventually stop showing up but for the time being, PVP is now stable on PC. We will still need updates eventually to keep it from getting stale.

I am not sure yet if this means I am for sure staying, it depends on how happy I am playing 4-5months from now.

For as long as it works, I will be hosting private 5vs5s every 2 days. Starting at 3pm EDT. The next of these is tomorrow/monday as I mentioned before. Same rules I used for the other private 5vs5s.
    The quality of the private matches is steadily improving each time we have people do them, especially when most or all of the participants get on discord voice. I am also getting faster and faster at organizing them.

On the days inbetween the private 5vs5s I am going to let the PVP community fend for itself for most part. I recommend people que up for solo que at 3pm EDT on these free days and stay in que for around 40 minutes maximum. I may put a message in chat here and there, but not going to spam during the weekday solo ques.

On saturdays, I will be a bit more aggressive with the solo que event advertising if things were slow during weekdays/we had days where the que didn't pop.

Sometimes there will be another PVP event like a tournament or other thing that will change my plans for that day.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    One of my concerns is the change so things that give xp% instead give +movement speed
    Now will dps run ahead and die faster.

Looked at diablo 3 yesterday could replace the xp% with gathering radius increase for example
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    What is wrong with DPS running ahead to die faster. Maybe they will figure out why they die when they run ahead. If not, that is their problem.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • bkjvkbkjvk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    @nitocris83 I belive the amount of replies you give to players regarding their ideas is also one of the issues, not only now but also in the past, judging on the ideas and problems you receive from the player is not that high so I belive a hour a week to answer those would be enough, I love the threads where @eminnerdev#8159 is answering on ideas and problems, some thread where also @nitocris83 is saying something and I belive a lot of players would be satisfied enough if they would get any answer that is not autogenerated. Also taking care of the feedback, please you get a lot of solid ideas that could really help QoL of this game, so please reconsider and know that I still have a pinch of hope you still can kill :)
  • araroth6#9120 araroth6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    With the removal of Blacklake you can no longer do chapter 3 for Cloaked Ascendancy, stonewalling this campaign
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Concerning the return to the movement speed bonuses: Make sure that no push back effect is affected by the movement speed of the target.
    (In M15 it was easy to have a party build which was incapable to stay on the platform when the MSP Giant Nothic Sone-Eye decided cast the push effect. The same goes for CoDG and similar platforms.)