test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M21 Leveling Experience

Comments

• eminnerdev#8159 eminnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 32 Cryptic Developer
    dillygirl said:

Feedback (almost Bug):
    When you finish clockwork tomb, and hand it in with chettlebell, you have no quests left in jour journal whatsoever. You need to walk over to the Harper and accept her quest to report back to knox in order to continue, but there is no indication that this is the case. Since Clockwork Tomb is the very last quest, it would make sense to either have chettlebell make you report back to knox, or to ask you to ask the harper if there is anything left to do and her going 'yeah no it's all fixed thx'.

The quest 'History Lessons' in Neverdeath Graveyard already rewarded a unique class armor that wasn't obtainable elsewhere. By replacing it with the Ruined Cape, you removed one unique transmute for every existing class and replaced it with that one cape that's the same across classes. It might make more sense to reward the cape in a different quest, and leave the old History Lessons rewards - or add them somewhere else.

We see some old transmutes as quest rewards in leveling areas now. I think this is great, many people were wanting those pieces. Its a perfect time to bring those old unobtainable transmutes in my opinion. Great work on that!
    I have seen few pieces such as Cloak of the Aboleth or Frostwolf Pelt. I would like to see few more of them. If its possible can you add these into some quests rewards or as dungeon drops anywhere in game?

And following items can be added for all classes since they are not weapons. I don't know if some of them are already added, I am just listing some of the old obtainable items here that I know. Maybe other players know different items which can be added and they can write them here aswell:

-Greywolf Breastplate
    -Shadow wolf Headdress
    -Frostwolf Pelt
    -Betrayer's Claws
    -Hat of the Pirate Host
    -Cloak of the Erupting Volcano
    -Dark Blight Armor
    -Firegiant Crown
    -Icefall Gauntlets
    -Many Arrows Bloodied Armor
    -Boots of the Chieftain
    -Cloak of the Aboleth
    -Lizardfolk War Mask
    -Lizardfolk Bracers
    -Bleached Bone Belt.

I have marked the items that appeared in the 2018 jubilee Anniversary Transmute Box in blue. I have also spell checked and corrected them. This list included all items that were in that box. It might be nice to have that back every jubilee.

Also, some of the items you mentioned are available as hunt items. Go explore the collections pages for Ravenloft, Chult and Avernus hunts :)!

I have additions (disclaimer: some of the class armor might in fact still be available as quest rewards, or could have been removed like the History Lessons reward):
    - Whatever armor was the reward for 'History Lessons' in Neverdeath Graveyard for that specific class, as mentioned before.
    - The Undermountain and Ravenloft sets that you get when you start those campaigns. Many people discarded them, because appearance library wasn't in the game yet, and they are cool looking.
    - Dragonbone weapons for every class
    - Illiyanbruen Ancestral and Fabled Illiyanbruen weapons, both for every class - only one of the two is available at the Maze Engine store, and the other is then unavailable for that class.
    - Fabled Illiyanbruen Orb, wizard (specifically, it's SO much cooler than the Ancestral one, which is available)
    - Robes of the Beguiler, wizard (quest reward somewhere, this is possibly it's old name from before the level rebalance years ago)
    - Skyhold Robes / Robes of the Drowned dagger, wizard
    - Heroic Enchanters Embroidered Robes, wizard
    - Thunderhowl Wraps
    - Senobith's Boots
    - Cloak of the Ashmadai
    - Maelstrom Cloak
    - Ormsha's Cloak
    - Piercing Valiant Amulet
    - Trokar's Belt
    - Ironskin Belt
    - Corsair's Sash
    - Baleful Leather Armor, warlock
    - Belt of the Many Arrows
    - Bracers of Corruption, warlock
    - Rohini's Mask, warlock, cleric, wizard
    - Burial Mask, warlock
    - Custodian's Helm, paladin
    - Victor's Helm, paladin
    - Ice Armor, paladin
    - Squire's Plate Armor, paladin
    - Armor of Fortification, paladin, fighter
    - Warforged armor, paladin
    - Armor of the Skull Fortress, paladin
    - Gauntlets of Might, paladin
    - Lizardfolk Greaves, paladin
    - Vanguard's Greaves, paladin
    - Helm of the Fallen Guard, fighter (actually I think this whole set is available as an adventure reward)
    - Foebiter, fighter, main hand
    - Riccochet Shield, fighter, offhand
    - Marauder's Garb, barbarian
    - Reaver's Blade, barbarian
    - Blue gauntlets with a whirlpool icon - Because of the current Jubilee Garden bug I will not be logging in to my cleric for now, who has them in her bank. I can check their name after it gets fixed, or if it is confirmed that the 'memory' of having access is not deleted.
    This is a great list! We appreciate you taking the time to clarify and add to it. We won't be able to add everything, but I am going to follow up on what we can do so stay tuned! Thank you!
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User

This is a great list! We appreciate you taking the time to clarify and add to it. We won't be able to add everything, but I am going to follow up on what we can do so stay tuned! Thank you!

Amazing news. Im sure this will make a lot of people really happy. Especially if you can manage to bring back Sword of the Shadow Wolf. Cant wait!

• sabriberk1999sabriberk1999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Amazing news. Im sure this will make a lot of people really happy. Especially if you can manage to bring back Sword of the Shadow Wolf. Cant wait!

Oh great news! also i have been waitin so long for shadow wolf greatsword transmute if you guys bring it back i would be very happy since it cant be obtainable after mod 5 we all barbarian's dreamin for it i am pretty sure everyone will be happy like me ^^
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2021

With the removal of overflow experience how are strictly solo players supposed to get AD in game now, you already removed one of the weekly AD quests(Arcane Reservoir in the original Sharandar) and I guess probably the second one with the change to The Maze Engine? Some people that play the game are unable to do group content due to time constraints, issues with certain things in game, etc. For me I have issues with icy terrain in group content, it causes my screen to go totally white and then I get 1 frame every about 10-15 seconds for up to 2 minutes time. And it does it at any graphic settings, even with particles turned off. I hope there will be something in game to offset this loss of AD.
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User

With the removal of overflow experience how are strictly solo players supposed to get AD in game now, you already removed one of the weekly AD quests(Arcane Reservoir in the original Sharandar) and I guess probably the second one with the change to The Maze Engine? Some people that play the game are unable to do group content due to time constraints, issues with certain things in game, etc. For me I have issues with icy terrain in group content, it causes my screen to go totally white and then I get 1 frame every about 10-15 seconds for up to 2 minutes time. And it does it at any graphic settings, even with particles turned off. I hope there will be something in game to offset this loss of AD.

If overflow experience was your main source of AD, I think you have bigger things to consider. And not having time for group content means this game is not for you, unfortunately. In fact, any MMO is an MMO due to group content- else you are better off playing Dark Alliance or other DnD RPGs.

• kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Leveling Experience so far: Lvl 10 Bard no copy advantages from Live (new player experience)

The leveling experience takes a different turn from Great to Troubling around lvl 8 to lvl 10 as you progress.

In Vellosk, when you encounter the Stormcallers, you are fighting mobs that make up around 3 to 5 enemies. (Which was manageable) Running mostly solo on Preview, I was able to eventually get to and through Gray Wolf Den dungeon. However, it is when I got to Ebon Downs....... some of the zombies mob groups were too large to handle and their combat advantage damage easily out does any potion, stone, or daily self healing.

Eventually dodging, leeching off of nearby players lol, I made it to Throne of Idris Quest.

This quest is the reason for my post: The Throne of Idris Quest is a Brick Wall! There are too many mob groups inside this dungeon for a new player. Thinking about the communication through quest descriptions leading up to the Throne of Idris quest, there is no recommendation for partying on any of the quests.

As a new player, I had no idea how to party up on PC. I stood outside the door to the dungeon shouting out in Zone chat. No one responded. I seen characters that clearly had companions not offered in the beginning of the game with new characters passing by, soloing the dungeon and running away lol. I felt completely helpless and powerless.

Eventually, I went back to Protector's Enclave and shouted out in Zone Chat. An awesome player joined my party and we went back to Idris. All my Vets know exactly what happened next, my party mate (lvl 20) wasted no time leaving me behind and finishing the dungeon. Totally no complaint against the player AT ALL, just was a drag to get a point where clearly i NEEDED to be carried.

In my opinion, the quest descriptions should indicate partying recommendations and maybe where new players can go to party up. I would suggest communicating partying around lvl 8, this is when I notice a big difference in the size groups of the mobs and it became challenging to complete quests.
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Suggestion: Engong the Companion Vendor in the adventure's guild for companion gear....... :)
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Bug: After completing Icespire Peak we get 3 Rank 8 Runestone Choice packs.
    Those packs allow Bonding runestones to be picked and are missing Indomitable runestones.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User

Saw this recently with a new Bard test. I greatly appreciated seeing this, and I want to highlight the Combat Advantage part. When the combat rework hit just prior to Mod 20, it became clear that CA needed more explanation for players who hadn't gotten used to doing so yet.

I think that it might further benefit from an improved UI element, just during the training, that draws the players attention to the Advantage part of the Semicircle. It's verbally explained, but during the combat itself, a bright green mark or arrow pointing towards it would help more visual learners. As an example, the STO team has been adding lots of new UI arrows and markers to help players find tactical positions and objective points in that game, often only during necessary missions.

Further, there's an afterthought comment from your trainer about avoiding being flanked during combat as well. I think it would greatly benefit players to have another short demonstration of that by placing the player in between two Hostile Combatants and guiding the player outside a marked circle on the ground, completing when they've brought both fighters into their front arc and eliminating enemy CA.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Feedback

Took a bard to level 20 over the past few days. Much better levelling experience. Overall I love this change. But it will make people with alts complain. Levelling by praying is gone. Which is probably good.

Due to the nature of levelling now, it does not make sense to do side quests.

There were some times when I had to wait for spawns, as people were on the same quest as me. This is a bit annoying, but it is an issue with many MMOs.

On test you can easily give yourself enchantments and your companion runestones. So it is hard to determine if the equipment and relative difficulty is proper. Of course, on live, many people will be able to twink their bards with enchants, etc, so it will be similarly easy for many people.

For instance, an ardent favor weapon will make a new player extremely powerful for their level, given they can get a powerful weapon enchant for it. Not a huge deal, really, as experienced players should be rewarded for their time played IMHO. And this just makes the levelling experience easier.

I still have unused XP potions on live server that give 5k XP per potion. Wondering what will happen to them, as they are useless in the new schema.

I levelled up the Bard using the Songblade. I did not notice when I was given a second loadout. I would have tested the Minstrel during level up had I noticed. Maybe include something more pronounced regarding the second loadout.

Feats should be interchangeable when out of combat. Making someone respec to change feats is silly. Other games with similar selections allow customization on the fly for these.

Also, I see that you can still easily tell the difference between a mimic and a chest. =p

Not sure why the Linkletter quest line is on test after reaching level 20. This may be a good way to provide things like basic companion gear, green collars, etc. Currently on test, it just gives cash.

Undermountain quests do not give appropriate item level items.

Bug

And at the end of the Plague Tower, it says to "return to Sgt Knox at the Hall of Justice" but he is located in his new position.

Bug

For Quest "An Important Invitation' then Lord Neverember meets you in the Moonstone Mask. He says there is a chest behind you with gear in it, but I did not see a chest with gear in it. Dialogue needs to be updated.

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Leveling Experience so far: Lvl 10 Bard no copy advantages from Live (new player experience)

The leveling experience takes a different turn from Great to Troubling around lvl 8 to lvl 10 as you progress.

In Vellosk, when you encounter the Stormcallers, you are fighting mobs that make up around 3 to 5 enemies. (Which was manageable) Running mostly solo on Preview, I was able to eventually get to and through Gray Wolf Den dungeon. However, it is when I got to Ebon Downs....... some of the zombies mob groups were too large to handle and their combat advantage damage easily out does any potion, stone, or daily self healing.

Eventually dodging, leeching off of nearby players lol, I made it to Throne of Idris Quest.

This quest is the reason for my post: The Throne of Idris Quest is a Brick Wall! There are too many mob groups inside this dungeon for a new player. Thinking about the communication through quest descriptions leading up to the Throne of Idris quest, there is no recommendation for partying on any of the quests.

As a new player, I had no idea how to party up on PC. I stood outside the door to the dungeon shouting out in Zone chat. No one responded. I seen characters that clearly had companions not offered in the beginning of the game with new characters passing by, soloing the dungeon and running away lol. I felt completely helpless and powerless.

Eventually, I went back to Protector's Enclave and shouted out in Zone Chat. An awesome player joined my party and we went back to Idris. All my Vets know exactly what happened next, my party mate (lvl 20) wasted no time leaving me behind and finishing the dungeon. Totally no complaint against the player AT ALL, just was a drag to get a point where clearly i NEEDED to be carried.

In my opinion, the quest descriptions should indicate partying recommendations and maybe where new players can go to party up. I would suggest communicating partying around lvl 8, this is when I notice a big difference in the size groups of the mobs and it became challenging to complete quests.
    Post like this leads me to think that there should be more training room quests in between every levelling to teach some more advanced tactics that will help players understand more the importance of kiting, positioning, etc.

I too leveled up a Bard without using any copy/preview advantages, as a new player might. However I did not suffer any of the difficulties of the player above. I think most of this difference is just experience and knowing how to handle being outnumbered.
    -I liked the flow of the leveling process overall, did not feel like a long process at all and a clear path is presented for the new level 20 for what to do next after finishing getting to level 20.
    -As stated above, I feel that there should be more training room quests to teach more about how combat works. After every zone completion, you get more training to help with the next adventure.
    -When you get the Runestones pack as a reward, I feel as though the player should also receive one piece of companion equipment to be able to actually use the Runestones. As it stands now, the new player won't know what to do with them and will cause some confusion and/or frustration.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User

I really like the new leveling system. I tried getting a new rogue to level 20 as fast as possible and it only took me a bit under 6 hours according to the /played command:

https://i.ibb.co/SVb4Pzh/level20-5h-48min.png

I like the rewards we get from completing adventures but completing icespire peak should really have some companion equipment so you can actually use the runestones like arazith07 said

Also the runestone choice pack has the option to choose bonding runestones. They should be removed.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

/bug
    So I see you tried to streamline quests by giving them to a central quest giver first then taking to a secondary person. "Lich's Lament" in Neverdeath, "Hungry like a Wolf" and "Scales of Kelmevor" in Ebon Downs are the first examples. When you did that you kept the voice lines for the secondary person you talk to and gave their voicelines and voice to the new primary quest giver. Such as Zarifax's lustrous voice coming out of the doomguide's mouth then having the following instances of where he talks when he comments on the different locations to be incorrect or not play at all. So I guess new voicelines will need to be recorded for the primary quest giver's so that they can match up? Also, I was somehow able to grab "The Ashen Battlefield" Quest almost immediately after the intro quest line and was also able to grab "To Icewind Dale" quest shortly after I unlocked the Workshop. Now that may have been because that was my first time next to the good captain but a little out to grab them so early on.

It's the "Prisoners of War" quest for Icespire Peak that falls under the same bug
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    This is disaster. Do you really think you can handle things? There we go: open Settings locate Keybinds and find there Feats keybind..and so on.
    I know you are not interesting in fixing vaulted things; but can you at least do precise git/search and comment on deletions?

Update the UI to be dynamic/more responsive at different resolutions.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    onodrain said:

Feedback
    Took a bard to level 20 over the past few days. Much better levelling experience. Overall I love this change. But it will make people with alts complain. Levelling by praying is gone. Which is probably good.

in theory this is good; on practice will see how bots are doing past M21.

@eminnerdev
    Are you going to adjust Trade House limits/restrictions?
    I think it makes sense now:
    Chat
    The minimum level to chat is now 5, down from 15. We’ll review how that affects reports of spamming.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Bug:
    In the Vellosk quest "Hungry like a Wolf", the main quest giver sends you to talk to a secondary person. She gives you your assignment. However, the quest log is not updated to reflect this: the text will still say 'Go talk to HAMSTER'. At the same time, the quest objective is to collect meat. Normally, you would consult the quest log to see what you need to do to collect that meat, but that info is not there. Of course, this will not be the only quest with this problem, you will need to check every single one that uses this new flow.

there is no explanation of Injury Kits and there is no free pack of Injury Kits. There is a 10 pack of Divine Injury kits as a reward for finishing Neverdeath Graveyard, which are / were event items (in addition to removing 1 injury, they prevent further injuries for 10 minutes). There are no free Injury Kits before that, while Neverdeath lairs are also littered with traps. There is also no explanation of traps, which are, by the way, very visible now that they have all those interact sparkles around them. Injury Kits used to be available from the level up packs, please add them back somewhere else.

Bug:
    In Vellosk, a quest from Kyrn Whitesky levels you (seemingly randomly) up to level 6. The store right next to him sells Minor Injury Kits, which require levels 1 to 4 to use them. You can only enter Vellosk after you get to level 5; please change all Vellosk stores to sell the next level of injury kits (or move the levels you can use them at around).

Bug:
    that store I was talking about, the lady is called Forsworn Gatherer. It would make more sense if she was called Supplier or something more similar to 'shopkeeper'. The only reason she seems interactable is that her name is darker when you mouse over her.

Bug:
    the quest path for the quest Lightning Strikes in Vellosk, that is given out by Kyrn Whitesky, has a quest patwh to Diana Fairwinds. This path is invisible in the water and I couldn't find Diana Fairwinds anywhere, it took me over half an hour. If I'm blind I'm sure more people are. Anybody else with this problem: she is a distance to the right of Kyrn Whitesky (his left), if you go from him to the forsworn guard then it's another 1,5x that distance. She's kneeling there in the dark next to the water.

After the intro to Seeking the Spirits quest in Vellosk, it is still a bit surprising that you are suddenly a spirit wolf. Maybe the text could be changed a little more.

Bug:
    While you are in Spirit Wolf form for the quest Seeking the Spirits in Vellosk, you gain a power that binds to Q (or whatever key you have your first encounter power on) that says speed boost. However, this power does nothing.

Bug:
    In the quest Whisperer in Darkness in Vellosk you need to find Shards that are hidden in tents. When you walk into a tent and look at it from a top down perspective, the roof turns see through so you can see inside. However, the shards' interact sparkles are not visible that way, making them very hard to spot since they are so small. Some of the shards are all the way in the back of the tent and you already can't really see them while peering through the opening, so this is a real problem.

Feedback: You have removed the quest about the fighting pit /

Bug:
    In Gray Wolf Den, there is a cage/doors around the first boss. The quest path leads through a closed gate, instead of to the lever to open them.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING A MAP (to leave the area) AT THE LAST CAMP IN VELLOSK, I completely forgot to set my teleporty waypoint stone thingy lodestone in PE. (And I'm not playing with VIP on).

After you finish Vellosk, you get a quest that explains the mail, auction house and raw AD. However, you get your first raw AD after finishing Neverdeath. It would make sense to move that quest to that point, or remove the AD reward for Neverdeath.
    Post edited by dillygirl on
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

Did you know there are two whole threads of this stuff that you can access?
    There is the reclaimable items thread and the (very fitting) transmutes thread. Hope that helps, there is a TON more there - my list just came from my own appearance libraries... It only holds stuff I like.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    The bugs I've noticed. I picked up all the campaign completions as I didn't think on preview I should have to run them all over again. Everything seemed to work OK except Well of Dragons as it shows the "Claim Rewards" lit up, but clicking it does nothing. Maze Engine and AI does nothing since the rework. We need the other campaigns to be able to complete as well. This is Preview and I don't need to take weeks/months to run them please. We need Pres. Wards in the store please and Coal Wards to test gear. Is the Dungeon Master campaign truly gone? If so, remove the listing in the campaign window. If XP is gone, what is the XP SH boon changing to? Some new BiS gear in the store for Endgame would be great as this is preview.
    Overall, I pimped my Bard out as much as I could and it was fun to play something new even if the play style is very much Warlock/Ranger style. Can't wait to see what else is to come. Cheers
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

Overall, I like the idea of a more linear, streamlined leveling experience. The vast number of quests available currently can be overwhelming to newer players. However, I might have done this a little differently. Instead of removing half of the Sword Coast Chronicles, I would have left the zones and reduced the number of quests needed to finish each zone. Net result would have been the same, but new players would be able to enjoy all of those zones.

I do have some concern with making current toons that are not max level suddenly max level. There is already a significant amount of toxicity in dungeons when someone doesn't know the mechanics in a dungeon they've never, or rarely been in. Throwing some of these lower level toons into the deep end by making them max level may end up frustrating some of these players, as well as making veteran players that put in the work to get to 80 annoyed. Instead of making a current level 35 toon max level 20 in the new mod, maybe you could scale the levels. Take the current level, divide by 4, round up to the next whole number, and that is their level. So a level 35 toon in the current system would be a level 9 in the new, level 40 in the current system (half way to max) would be level 10 in the new (half way to max).
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    I have a level 5 toon that I use for testing purposes. With the new leveling system, will that toon go to level 1, stay level 5, or go to level 20? He has not completed any campaigns yet. Please tell me that he won't go to level 20 and if it will, can we change that? I would prefer he go to level 1 since he hasn't completed any content, but 5 is ok. If he goes to level 20, can I get back the resources I put into him or a refund of around the 40 million it cost?
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    FEEDBACK

So I have now done the complete 1-20 leveling experience in about 5 hours on the bard. The time seems really a little on the slim side and doesn't give a lot of experience playing the character. I know the previous leveling experience didn't either, but I was hoping the new one would give players more actual learning of their character. Once you get past the first couple tutorials people are still just released without truly having learned the basics of playing a character. You need to add tutorials that show CA against you and what ratings mean to different roles. Probably even a tutorial of roles and switching loadouts and stuff. You need to add a tutorial about damage type, especially given that the Bard seems to rely on the fact that people will understand the different types to combo the powers effectively. You need to addd information/tutorials on artifact gear, bolster and leveling companions and mounts.

While I don't necessarily mind the "milestone" leveling, I very, very, very much hate that I cannot skip content any longer that I don't want to do. I personally abhore Chasm. The zone just makes my eyes hurt and now there is absolutely no way to get out of going there. With every single toon I ever make. You need to introduce an alternative way to achieve leveling milestones. Some sort of quest buyout so veterans can skip a few of those adventure zones they really don't want to repeat for the 300th time even if they don't want to do a complete character buyout.

The rewards outside of gear need to be reviewed. In the entirety of my 1-20 journey I made a total of like 5 gold. That is in no way sufficient for me to move the enchantments I got through the 15 iterations of gear. The gold rewards need to be substantially increased since you've cut out the possibility of doing any sort of side quests or alternatives to leveling. RP also needs to be increased. I was still getting quartz drops all the way through Whispering Caverns. If you're preparing characters to jump into end game campaigns then you need to be feeding them RP. Obviously I'm not expecting 20 mil RP just for 5 hours of leveling play, but you need to give people enough to upgrade some of the enchantments you give them and start prepping for the weapons and gear post-leveling.

Giving the Linkletter questline at 20 is absolutely senseless. The difficulty was obviously not tuned for level 20 because I blew through it one-shotting everything and it gave nothing for reward. It either needs to be completely done away with or it needs to be given at a more appropriate time in the leveling process with some usefulness. It could be used to provide information about companion gear or something that's currently lacking.

FEEDBACK

The rewards outside of gear need to be reviewed. In the entirety of my 1-20 journey I made a total of like 5 gold. That is in no way sufficient for me to move the enchantments I got through the 15 iterations of gear. The gold rewards need to be substantially increased since you've cut out the possibility of doing any sort of side quests or alternatives to leveling. RP also needs to be increased. I was still getting quartz drops all the way through Whispering Caverns. If you're preparing characters to jump into end game campaigns then you need to be feeding them RP. Obviously I'm not expecting 20 mil RP just for 5 hours of leveling play, but you need to give people enough to upgrade some of the enchantments you give them and start prepping for the weapons and gear post-leveling.

How did you only earn 5 gold? I had about 45-50 gold and almost 300k rAD by the time I hit level 20?
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

How did you only earn 5 gold? I had about 45-50 gold and almost 300k rAD by the time I hit level 20?

I got the rAD and have no complaints about that for 5 hours of play. Totally fair that. As to the gold, I don't know? That's what was sitting in my inventory while I was writing up my posts about my experience on leveling and on Bard. Well, I used 3 to unslot my lightning enchantment the one time I bothered to put it in, so unless someone spent my gold while I wasn't looking I suppose I would have gotten about 8? To be honest, the amount of gold doesn't matter to me because I have thousands to pull from my bank on live, but if the leveling experience is being re-done I just feel like it should at least offer enough to cover the expense of moving enchantments through the gear every 10 minutes even if I'm personally not going to bother. And probably cover the cost of some potions too now I'm thinking about it. There were a lot less potions offered. I didn't bother to buy any because what does death matter to me, but I think that I should have enough to buy a few at each level if I wanted. Would the 50 you got cover that?
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Just finished the Vellosk Adventure, my thoughts so far:

I love that you can see which cut scenes are skipable.

I love the new adventures guild quest hub.

I love that you can see in the journal at which point you are in the chain of quests that make up the adventure you are in

I think the acquisition of starter kit and abilities as quest rewards is working well.

I found Vellosk to be pleasantly more challenging than Neverdeath, and the Grey Wolf Den to be pleasantly more challenging than the map fights.

I found every activity relevant to learning about my character and loved that there was no unnecessary padding.

Suggestions

It maybe that there is already something in place, not being in a guild on the preview server I was unable to check but if there isn't..... The current stronghold quests to complete 5 quests & 100 kills on a level appropriate map could be tweeked to TIL appropriate maps giving something to guide the fresh lvl 20's through the middle content and gain valuable experience on their way to the newest high TIL areas, and of course giving their guilds those shards
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I have to day really like the progression in the leveling experience all the way up until the Spellplague area. In all of the area's up until this point they concluded with a solo dungeon run. Granted in Neverdeath it was the traditional one, but each of the others ended with non-traditional solo dungeons, HUGE shoutout for bringing back a version of Throne of Idris.

Having said that I was a bit disappointed that at the conclusion of the Spellplague area, not to have a version of Spellplague Caverns or even the old level 54 Skirmish. I realize this might have been because of a lack of resources, but this could be an opportunity. The level 5 dungeon que has the original 5 man leveling dungeon of Spellplague Caverns, however in the Que access is limited behind completion of River District? Not sure why, but as part of the learning process maybe it could be required that you use the que system to complete the dungeon. This would introduce the Que system and fit thematically as well?
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    So I have completed the leveling procedure, from 1-20. It would seem that i would then proceed to Undermountain? There would be a few problems with that, the requirement is that I be 20k IL ( I am 19.4k), playing as a new player I am lost as to what to do. I have spent all of seals that I have earned to get the main hand with a weapon enchant slot so i could use the pack i was given (raising IL), I have opened the pack with the Artifact Cloak and Belt, and completed the quest for artifact (i cant level them up because I have only 1 enchanting stone 3, I need 3 for each piece. I have opened the rank 8 enchantment packs and slotted all 4. I have added all the mount insignia's I can add in the available slots. I have completed the opening quest into New Sharandar, but I have no seals to purchase gear.

So the things i have not done, I have not joined a Guild (boons give IL), I have not qued into a random or dungeon to get seals. I have not purchased anything off the AH, with my 159k AD and 120K RAD.

What am I missing? This is not a complaint, but an observation, should I be doing the things I have said I have not done? Is that the expectation, it has not told me too. Should it? or is this something a player should learn from talking to people in chat or friends in the game?
  • faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    It's impossible to enter in the last dungeon of the quest "Undead and the dying" in Neverdeath, so it's impossible to end the neverdeath zone.
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks