test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does "ranged powers" effects include at-will weapons?

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
I play rogue, and i have a few rings, one set of rings says "your ranged powers do 3% more damage", but i have another set of rings that says "Your melee powers do 3% more damage". So would either of these rings affect my At-Will Shuriken Toss which says "Range 50" or does Shuriken Toss not count as a power as it's a physical weapon attack?. I want to boost my At-Will damage.

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    That ranged powers boost ring should boost ranged at-wills also. If you want to boost at-wills, there is an at-wills boost ring too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Melee is any power (at-will or encounter) which you have to basically be right in the faces of the enemies to do any damage because the distance it works is so short that you have to be right next to them (think Barbarian and their sword at-wills), ranged powers (at-will or encounter) are all those which work at a distance. All attacks whether at-wills or encounters or dailies are classed as 'powers'. Seeing your Shuriken Toss states it has a range of 50 feet, it would be classed as a ranged attack and not a melee one (even though it probably still hits enemies when you are right near them) so any buff to melee powers would not affect that particular at-will. Being a rogue and that you have both ranged and melee, if you want to boost both ranged and melee damage you would have a ring for both types slotted at the same time so that both types of powers were buffed no matter which type of at-will/encounter you were using.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Thank you both for your replies! :)