test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Masterwork Professions Vol. VI & VII

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

why not add as new kind of mastercraft?, for example ilyubrien masterwork vol. I and vol. II so you don't have to deal with older masterwork recipies an they use old ingredients and new ingredients only for this first 2 volumes

@nitocris83 can you pass this idea to the team, this idea would be good to keep new player interested in the new masterwork and not have to go into the time consuming v1 to v4 of the older masterwork questline, because you guys did amazing on fastening the leveling experience for new players, now is the time to introduce a fresh new kind of masterwork to keep new players interested in it, and older masterwork volumes an option if the new player want to go into it(they will for sure in some cases for alquimy)
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Please increase the available slots in the crafting / materials bag. There is already an issue with not enough slots for materials needed for master crafting and introducing new crafting materials will make this situation worse. Thanks.

Or perhaps a backup storage area in the workshop for ingredients?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nullify#8067 nullify Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Bug: I have Masterworks rank V already and am in a guild hall rank 20 in preview with new sharandar unlocked but none of the quests to start the new ranks of masterwork appear for me.
    I have looked everywhere, but no one gives me the quest to get started on Masterwork Rank VI.

Feedback: Add some cheap epic insignia recipes, so the new ranks of insignias don't feel so impossibly expensive, and to make these masterwork ranks useful even after the equipment is obsolete. Can even make them require the old mostly-worthless masterwork materials like Silkworm Cocoon or Concentrated Residuum to strike three birds in one clever design decision.

Also please increase the size of the crafting material bags, even if you make us have to pay for the increases, we really need more space to hold materials!

Don't forget to have a good night.
    Post edited by nullify#8067 on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you weren't dead set on tearing the game apart the masterwork resources would be a non-issue.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Please increase the available slots in the crafting / materials bag. There is already an issue with not enough slots for materials needed for master crafting and introducing new crafting materials will make this situation worse. Thanks.

This 1000 times over! I regularly run out of slots on live doing masterwork stuff, the bag is far, far too small to add more levels of masterwork professions (and their associated ingredients).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • dedzydedzy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Feedback: The Old Materials source of Material Exchange Credits is dying off because hardly any players open older lockboxes anymore.
    One idea to clean up old resources in the crafting/materials bag would be to be able to exchange the lesser used Explorer Map resources, to the workshop hireling for Material Exchange Credits. Stuff like Ebony Logs and Snowhare Wool, is almost worthless. And yet, we're reluctant to dump it because who knows what it might be good for in the future.
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    After latest patch some artisans are 436 down from 450 if compared to live server. Some tools are still require 70 lvl to use.
  • dandroids#8072 dandroids Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bug: After reaching level 20 on two separate professions I still do not get the quest from my retainer to start upgrading my workshop. The Master of Coin/Artisan in the SH are also not offering masterwork quests.

Feedback: The masterwork tools you get as levelling rewards are currently worthless and have lower proficiency and focus than is realistically needed to craft the materials needed to earn them. Could these be buffed at least to the level of cobalt tools with a little bonus so that they don't just become something that can't even be discarded taking up inventory space?

There seem to be hidden modifiers behind the rng on professions. I have gotten +1 items with 0% chance on focus and failed 15 times in a row with 85% proficiency. Can these please be looked into during the rework to make sure that what the game is telling us is true to our chances to craft.

I know it's been said a million times but material storage is a real problem. Is there any way a materials bank could exist in the workshop so we don't have to mail materials between characters? Maybe turn the workshop into a pocket dimension, there could be a fun quest around unlocking it.

This one is just a small thing, but there's no quest marker or journal entry around hiring Karmela and most veteran players I've spoken to in game didn't even know you could. It's a shame as a free epic artisan really helps out early on.

• viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User

Bug

Still cant start masterwork after the patch, as it says I need to be level 70 in a profession to start.

• voldiarvoldiar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    We are losing % on professions, with the new mod. (like %1 Proficiency and 4% on Focus). This is the same worker, Preview Vs Live. -14 on each stat.

BUG.
  • culluket#6919 culluket Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    /Bug: The quests for obtaining the new mastercraft-levels present a new problem: To get the recepies, you have to craft stuff that is only craftable when you already have the new recepies ... thats a simple " hole in the bucket"- problem. Easily solved. You should ask the artisans to build something they already are able to build. (like mastercraft 5, OR as suggested Level 20-Gear).
    Post edited by culluket#6919 on
  • dandroids#8072 dandroids Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bug: Masterwork quests are now being given by the Artisan, but there is still no quest or option to upgrade the workshop.

Feedback: Can more items be added to the masterwork section in the Wondrous Bazaar? Masterwork was designed to take an incredibly long time to complete and it will be impossible to farm charts to even get to Masterwork V to test before the new mod drops. I don't see how meaningful feedback can be provided if only a tiny percentage of players even have the ability to test.
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    /Bug: The quests for obtaining the new mastercraft-levels present a new problem: To get the recipes, you have to craft stuff that is only craftable when you already have the new recipes .... You should ask the artisans to craft something they already are able to craft. (like mastercraft 5.) For instance... the quest, "Armor? I hardly know her!" (armorsmithing) asks for Darksteel Cuirass of the healer... which we can't see the recipe for.
  • rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I have Workshop 4. When in the Workshop office and using zen to buy a crafts person, I discarded a lower [aka white] crafts person to make room for a new one, hoping for either a blue or purple, only to pay for and receive the exact person I had just removed. Not going to waste zen on that one again unless we can be assured of an upgrade/better than white.
  • culluket#6919 culluket Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2021

Bug:
    To get the recepies for Mastercraft 6 we are asked to produce things out of said Mastercraft 6 recepies.

This is like: To climb up a tree, first: be on a tree...

It does not work
    (i feel i need to emphasize on this one in other words than before, because i did not see the problem mentioned above in the sum-up posted by @nitocris83

(And i myself can not make this text become red! ARGH!)

"

Red Coloured Text

" does not work for me :(
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Can the +1 fiasco be fixed and can the vendor in Chult accept AD like the on one PE does
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User

This 1000 times over! I regularly run out of slots on live doing masterwork stuff, the bag is far, far too small to add more levels of masterwork professions (and their associated ingredients).
    This. All materials needed to craft take a lot of space. It would be good to at least double that space, so we can collect more materials.

And while it's not related to masterworks only, please consider adding option to craft items in bulk when using morale. Even if morale cost is 40 it's still tidious to do anything on larger scale using that method. It might be handled the same way it's done when placing orders in non-morale way, just make it drop in delivery box if needed.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

As in every MW update I tested a new toon from no MW to the end of MW on preview. Unlike the last MW update this time it did not get broken and I could finish. Things I noticed:

- MW1 and MW4 for alchemy use the old names of the potions. Since this is the 5th time going from no MW to max in preview I already know which ones it uses but for a new player it will be confusing.

Le Sigh - This was already fixed on live and its SUCH A PAIN and reoccuring ALL THE TIME since the overhaul that was like HUNDRED YEARS AGO.

- bye bye -
  • arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Possible bug around prerequisites:

- I have MW4/5 Armorsmithing recipes unlocked via the Express Mail and A Reel Catastrophe armorsmithing quests. This does not unlock the MW6 armorsmithing quest. I had to finish In the Heat of the Knight and the subsequent quest.
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Possible bug around prerequisites:

- I have MW4/5 Armorsmithing recipes unlocked via the Express Mail and A Reel Catastrophe armorsmithing quests. This does not unlock the MW6 armorsmithing quest. I had to finish In the Heat of the Knight and the subsequent quest.

what do you mean "in the heat of the knight"? so far it seems we need to craft the MW6 items... to open the MW6 items.

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Doesn't look like lvl 6 recipes are available anywhere. And thats the only way to make the lvl 6 requirements, to get lvl 6 recipes. So doesn't appear fixed. I abandoned quests to try and see if refreshed, it might give an update. No luck.
  • arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    zularose said:

what do you mean "in the heat of the knight"? so far it seems we need to craft the MW6 items... to open the MW6 items.

Yeah, that's also a problem, but is fairly obvious, and has been reported several times.

I mean that I can't start the quest to unlock MW6 Armorsmithing recipes (by crafting MW6 items, which is impossible atm) without finishing the Armorsmithing (previously Platesmithing) MW5 quest ("In the Heat of the Knight" and follow-up), even though I can craft MW5 Armorsmithing items, from finishing the Armorsmithing (previously Mailsmithing) MW5 quests ("Express Mail" and "A Reel Catastrophe").

I hope it's not intended that I need to unlock MW5 Armorsmithing effectively twice on the same character for MW6/7. It's not cripplingly inconvenient, but it is annoying and costly.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Logged on preview after patch, still don't see lvl 6 recipes available from artisan, in sharandar, or in workshop. From post last week, made it sound like it was bugged, but then fixed. Can we make it so lvl 6 recipes are obtainable from the bazaar on preview if lvl 5 is complete?
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    All those who have the current level of Mastercraft have spent millions in other ways. The amount of AD on the server is very high. Right now a person progressing can use Level 80 artisans which have better stats. It is much easier now to complete MW than it was in the past. It needs to be difficult. If not then it should not be called Mastercrafting. If anyone can make the newest end game items the reasoning behind getting BIS artisans etc would be pointless.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    chiatzou said:

All those who have the current level of Mastercraft have spent millions in other ways. The amount of AD on the server is very high. Right now a person progressing can use Level 80 artisans which have better stats. It is much easier now to complete MW than it was in the past. It needs to be difficult. If not then it should not be called Mastercrafting. If anyone can make the newest end game items the reasoning behind getting BIS artisans etc would be pointless.

I think you are right at 100%. MW MUST BE difficult and expensive. Only one thing.... maybe could be better if it is not bound to be in a guild.... or also doable if you are not in a guild.