test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Masterwork Professions Vol. VI & VII

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Masterwork Professions Volumes VI & VII

Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:
  • Newly added masterwork professions quests.
  • Newly added masterwork recipes from recipe books volume VI and VII.
  • Newly added materials used for recipe books volume VI and VII.
  • Newly added explorer's charts.
  • Newly added equipment and items created by volume VI and VII masterwork recipes.

Module 21 will see the addition of new masterwork professions recipes, quests and explorer's charts. Adventurers who meet the requirements (which involves having completed the previous quest series for any profession) will be able to obtain a new quest in their stronghold and through that series, gain access to the sixth and seventh volume of masterwork recipe books. In addition, new explorer's charts have been added which involve gathering materials in Sharandar.

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server. In particular, for this feature, there are some planned adjustments and known issues with some of the recipes, so please don't take the exact quantities and materials for each recipe on preview as law.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback, see you in-game!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:
Bug: Profession worker levels got reduced, but also their skills, so it is impossible to craft any mastercraft item.
Feedback: The item bonuses make it difficult to justify the time investment to craft the new gear.

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • nephridil#8530 nephridil Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Bug: All of the artisans have had their proficiency and focus set to what they would have been at the old level 20, not level 80. So advanced recipes are impossible.
    But you already knew that... so why did you put it out to test so badly broken?
    Post edited by nephridil#8530 on
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    So there is no rework? we keep the same system with 2 more levels?

This system is so tedious
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Where do you start the quests?
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    You haven't found new places for the Charts for places you have taken out yet. So not sure where to get the stuff for Hotenaw and Skyhold currently. Also having started a new bard the leveling from 1-2-3 is extremely tedious and taking super long. Also old issue I've never understood that's still here. Why is collecting Iron Ore a much higher Adventurer level than the Black/Armorsmith levels that need iron ore.
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I’m on xbox so can’t play the preview but wondering what happens to the explorer charts people may be holding for the zones no longer in the game? Will they be rendered useless now or is there some kind of conversion?
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    looks like the scaling for the existing crafts work. i am able to do them just fine. however, nobody is giving the new quests for the books yet.
  • friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    It is only showing me the old quests to do. I finished MW V, but 4 professions on 1 char and 3 on another. I cannot see the quest on either character.

p.s. I do not know how to change text color to RED
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Bugs:
    - The artisan/master of coin expects me to be lv70 and does not give me any of the MW1 quests.
    - I have the hotenow/pirate skyhold chart quest active and can't drop them. Don't want an eternal quest on live.
    - While doing the Sharandar - The Ruins chart I go where the marker is (1188,2708) but there are no resources there so I'm stuck at 5/6 resources found and unable to complete/drop quest. While the marker on the map is at (1188,2708) the quest pathing takes me to a different place but there is also nothing there.

Suggestion:
    Can every single mat from charts (alum, sylex, bronzewood log, etc) and the special chult ones like batiri prisms be added to a preview (masterwork) tab on the bazaar as stacks of 999 or with a slider? I usually test MW from lv1 to max whenever there is an upgrade but I don't have materials this time around and I don't have sharandar unlocked besides part 1. At the very least adding the mats from the sharandar charts would be useful since no one enjoys farming mats on preview and even less w/o 2x profession.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    MasterWork needs a complete rework.

I really get very sad as a news that should excite me a lot, since I love messing with the profession, actually it's just making me sad.

I always liked to mess with profession, and I liked it even more with the M15 changes, however, in the M16 with the addition of the maximum level going to 80, I was very sad when I realized that the level 80 recipes were above the low MW recipes level. I never really understood why they did it, and since then I've been hoping for the changes needed for these tweaks, it made me want to stop investing in MW for a long time after I sinned the MW III.

In the M20 with the return of using MW weapons I wanted to do that again, and I spent a huge part of my AD accumulated for months to try to evolve the MW until I got to a part, I think at the end of MW IV, or beginning of MW V I'm not exactly sure, the part that asks me to craft lots of items to get a chult score and after that I'll be able to advance, it's a system equal to the workshop evolution with item deliveries in exchange for points . but besides being absurdly difficult and expensive items to make, with a not so high success rate even using the artifact tool of gond, it seems to me that they are all items linked to crafting. I tried to do some calculations and besides taking months, to get the necessary score, I would have to have an amount in AD that is just extraordinary, that's just to specialize in a level of a profession, and even if I spent real money to help I wouldn't have enough AD unless I sold my house. I don't know what it was like in the past, but currently I see a totally broken system to invest, if I take 10% of the AD that I would spend to make any evolution in one of the professions I buy any item in the game.

It really makes me very sad, I've been waiting for years for an adjustment that makes the system decent and I receive news about the addition of new books. MasterWork needs a complete rework and not a hole patch that will only work partially for a certain amount of time. Every day that passes Cryptic only reinforces the difficulty they have to think in the long term. You have a very loyal player base, more faithful than you deserve, I'm among them, we're willing to wait the time necessary for something to be done correctly, I've been waiting for years. Bringing a "novelty" just to "show work" is not what we want. doing this even sounds like a lack of respect for us.

I'm really sad and hope they'll rethink their misguided decisions.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Doing the commissions quest and turning in the 50k credits from commissions once, unlocks the ability to accept the MW 5 quests for any profession. It is not required for each profession. It used to give you two quite useful MW tools as well, but sadly, wootz tools, and other masterwork tools for that matter, did not hold their value.
    edited June 2021
    kharkov58 said:

Doing the commissions quest and turning in the 50k credits from commissions once, unlocks the ability to accept the MW 5 quests for any profession. It is not required for each profession. It used to give you two quite useful MW tools as well, but sadly, wootz tools, and other masterwork tools for that matter, did not hold their value.

It's good to know that making a 50k commission frees up book 5 for all professions, yet I found it very over the commission system, extremely tiring and expensive. I expected a rework to make things more coherent. they should adjust the current cookbooks which as I mentioned manage to lose to simple level 80 recipes, no need for new cookbooks, not to mention the idea of +1 items is really a problem, I like the idea of a special item It's stronger to be able to go out in the profession, but pegging +1 to it implies that a +2 will exist, and the chance of getting these special items is really very low in most cases. I am also disappointed.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    @alquimistgg, you may be under the mistaken impression that the devs want the players to have easier access to masterworking. All of the evidence seems to suggest the opposite.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Please just make donating credits to the Chult guy with AD possible if this is the way it will be going forward, so we can largley skip Chult marsterwork at the very least. I cannot fathom that this upgrade will be very popular with the amount of hoops one has to jump through in order to do masterwork already.
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I am sure some of these have already been mentioned and apologies for repeating

Bug 1
    Artisans reduced to 'old' lvl 20 proficiency and focus instead of their maximum, meaning even with cobalt tools only roughly 65% proficiency at lvl20 activities

Bug 2
    None of the existing recipes for ranger/rogue have been updated for use by bards

Feedback
    As someone who hasn't started MW yet but intends to, I was hoping the rework would include making that a little more accessible, my guild doesn't have lvl to offer the MW Starter quest but my Alliance helm guild goes, yet I cannot pick up the quest unless I leave my current guild and join the helm guild instead.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    The masterwork quests should be available to guilds earlier
  • redrider#5366 redrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Insignia craft, pls..
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Profession system is a nightmare, recipes are too complicated, UI just bad; it's like a real clerk job, not fun, no future, no profit. Where's promised rework?

yet another repost https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244408/workshop-folding-and-unfolding-favorites
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Can you please for the sake of testing release the Receipe books up to Level 5 in the Preview Wondorous Market so we can test the new Mastercraft? I'm currently working on Level 4 in live and would love to be able to test more ahead of time.
    kharkov58 said:

@alquimistgg, you may be under the mistaken impression that the devs want the players to have easier access to masterworking. All of the evidence seems to suggest the opposite.

I agree with you, they don't intend to make it easy, but perhaps they may not have a real practical sense of how extremely difficult this is. it's not something you can do little by little in parallel and finish in a few months. if a player farms only with the focus of leveling profession and doesn't spend anything on his character converting everything to the profession and still spends a few Zens per month, that person would take about 1 year or more just to reach this new MW level, until then knowing the history of things there is every chance that all this novelty is already obsolete.

Imagine someone who farms their 100k per day, and with luck drops some items in a few more rounds of DG worth 50k on average, 150k*30=4.5kk. let's say that every month this person buys another 2k of Zen to help and manages to convert this well into another 4kk, totaling 9.5kk per month and 114kk per year. I spent 20kk ships that I had accumulated to level MW, detail that I had already leveled book I, II and started III, that is, more than 20kk to do II and IV, crashing on commissions that, according to my calculations, will make me spend more than twice as much as I've spent on AD, I really think this is way beyond the acceptable standard for the current state of play.

I don't want MW to be something suber accessible and that everyone can easily have, after all it wouldn't be any fun in that, but I really think it's way beyond that. some adjustments in the cookbooks that would give us some market return while we do things would help a lot, and if the chult commission could also be done with AD as the colleague's suggestion above would already give a relief in this system that is already so outdated.

• culluket#6919 culluket Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I was looking for the Masterwork 6 and 7 recepies ... didnt find any. Would be real good to know what to harvest in advance.
    I guess the Level could be one problem, why we dont get the quests for the recepies.
    The builder in the Stronghold offers me "get workers" or "get guards"-quests. Those are for lowlevel Guildies ... so the artisan could have the same problem. He cant see us as masterworkers, since we dont have the appropriate level.
    Please fix that asap, so we can actually test the new system!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Good day,

Thank you all for your feedback thus far! Masterwork Professions is a complex system that has various connections throughout the game which, when overlooked, can make for a tricky endeavor to get people in and testing it out. Below are a few of the changes we hope to push out soon with the next upcoming build:
    • Fix to artisans so their attributes scale with the new level cap.
    • Adding masterwork resources and materials to the preview-only store.
    • Fix to the handoff quest from the Stronghold Artisan. This should direct players to Stryker Bronzepin in Sharandar. The quest requires completion of a tier 4 masterwork quest and a level 14+ stronghold.
    We are also aware of charts leading to areas that are no longer accessible. We will be updating these charts to direct players to new locations to acquire their materials. This will not require an exchange of any kind so hold onto your charts as we hope to get this change in soon.
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thank you for working on this.

the masterworks are a huge draw for me... i have started playing again after a long absence because of it. My one request is that we get back the ability to make end game viable pvp gear. your pvpers actually spend a lot of real money in the game, and they don't want to do pve. I think you would satisfy the pvp endgamers with gear they can buy from master crafters, which would ensure more people get into mastercrafting with a viable profit margin. i agree that mastercrafting should not be overly accessible, but for those of us that have already invested, it really is time for a good return. selling to people who do not have TIME to learn the new dungeons and make neverwinter their second job would also help pull back players that got frustrated they can't advance without a massive time sink, stimulate pvp, and keep the crafting community happy.

I would also suggest giving us the ability to craft upgrade tokens for mounts and companions, with some of the common materials, which would induce guild mates to help us farm for mats, making a more cohesive community and a group goal beyond the regular 5 man grind. i realize you probably already have a plan for what crafting will look like... but the stats can't be worse than what drops currently, nobody is going to pay millions of AD for items that they can get better farming. but the pvpers will definitely pay good AD if the items are equivalent. You will not lose your PVE people over this... they will actually play more, so if they have a bad time with drops, they can eventually earn what they need.

/feedback Can we please get more frequent job applications for artisans with material cost reductions? it is ferociously difficult to get decent artisans already, why are we making this even more complicated? also, are you going to add masterwork 5 tasks to the temporary market structures? i think that would help those struggling to get to the next level of mastercrafting quite a lot.

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    why not add as new kind of mastercraft?, for example ilyubrien masterwork vol. I and vol. II so you don't have to deal with older masterwork recipies an they use old ingredients and new ingredients only for this first 2 volumes
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    And what will happen to charts for "dead" maps held in inventory when this goes live? If you intend for these to become useless dead objects, then you need to provide guidance to the public - that these maps should be used before the release.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

And what will happen to charts for "dead" maps held in inventory when this goes live? If you intend for these to become useless dead objects, then you need to provide guidance to the public - that these maps should be used before the release.

please re-read this:

Good day,

Thank you all for your feedback thus far! Masterwork Professions is a complex system that has various connections throughout the game which, when overlooked, can make for a tricky endeavor to get people in and testing it out. Below are a few of the changes we hope to push out soon with the next upcoming build:

• Fix to artisans so their attributes scale with the new level cap.
    • Adding masterwork resources and materials to the preview-only store.
    • Fix to the handoff quest from the Stronghold Artisan. This should direct players to Stryker Bronzepin in Sharandar. The quest requires completion of a tier 4 masterwork quest and a level 14+ stronghold.
    We are also aware of charts leading to areas that are no longer accessible. We will be updating these charts to direct players to new locations to acquire their materials. This will not require an exchange of any kind so hold onto your charts as we hope to get this change in soon.